LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Did anyone receive a response after sending a post-interview letter of intent? I just wanted confirmation that it was received by chandler but I don’t want to reach out if it’s normal to not get acknowledgment after that. I feel like she’s usually great about responding so I just wanted to make sure.
I didn’t get a response!

Members don't see this ad :)
We’ll get an interview invite soon, I have a feeling it’ll be right before thanksgiving break.
The southwest part of the sunshine state is the place to be so I'm hoping you're right

Reactions: 1 user
Hey friends! Just out of curiosity, do yall think we will be notified on exactly the 15th of December? I feel like in previous years when the date has been December 1st, people usually find out on december 2nd. Does this mean we will find out on December 16th? I know its all speculation but just thinking out loud haha.

Hey friends! Just out of curiosity, do yall think we will be notified on exactly the 15th of December? I feel like in previous years when the date has been December 1st, people usually find out on december 2nd. Does this mean we will find out on December 16th? I know its all speculation but just thinking out loud haha.
For you, I’m sure they’ll send it on the 17th just to mess with ya’ :)

For you, I’m sure they’ll send it on the 17th just to mess with ya’ :)

Lol I wouldnt be surpised. Im a hygienist and I didnt want to be at work with a patient when acceptances go out so Im just trying to plan accordingly :)

Reactions: 1 users
Emails last year came around 9am - 11am the first day.

Reactions: 2 users
We’ll get an interview invite soon, I have a feeling it’ll be right before thanksgiving break.
LECOM is one of the first few schools I submitted the application to and still under review. So hopefully, crossing my fingers that we will hear some good news by then :xf::giggle:

Members don't see this ad :)

The date is "December 1st" but it happens to always fall on the first Monday which last year was Dec 2nd or can even be the 3rd some years (they don't send the acceptances on the weekend traditionally except some people get hard copy acceptances in the mail early depending on how good the postal service is!) it's the 15th this year because of covid and applications started late. The school I attend usually sends out first rounds in July and didn't even send them out until September this year (as like a lot of other schools with a delay in interviews), so that is why there is a change in date. try not to stress so hard, you'll do enough of it once you get to school ;) :p

Does LECOM have any strict rules against ear piercings in sim or the clinic?

It's not that stressful. I've only had 4 mental breakdowns since July.
i am in the middle of some ~stress~ with 3 exams this week holla 1 large mental breakdown a month seems about right ;)

Does LECOM have any strict rules against ear piercings in sim or the clinic?

Not that I'm aware of.

People with extensive tattoo sleeves have covered them up with long sleeves beneath their scrub top. I'm not sure if it's required or just personal preference though.

I thought that was the date to submit the deposit

are you possibly in the wrong thread? this one is for the school of dental medicine. acceptances go out 12/15 and then you usually have about 30 days to pay the deposit

did lecom portal always have a "Supplemental Application Submission Status" on their page? I am pretty sure mine did not have it and today when I logged into my portal I saw it.

if they just added that to my app, what does it mean?

did lecom portal always have a "Supplemental Application Submission Status" on their page? I am pretty sure mine did not have it and today when I logged into my portal I saw it.

if they just added that to my app, what does it mean?
yeah, I think they just added that part. I also noticed that part was never there before. When I click on the link, it basically just confirmed that my payment and the supplemental is processed. I don't think it has any other meaning besides the confirmation of the supplemental.

i wonder if they update that before sending out interviews?
yeah, I think they just added that part. I also noticed that part was never there before. When I click on the link, it basically just confirmed that my payment and the supplemental is processed. I don't think it has any other meaning besides the confirmation of the supplemental.

i wonder if they update that before sending out interviews?
mayyybeee... LOL I hope it's a good sign and like you said maybe it's an update before sending out interviews. it's been months since I heard from LECOM, so i'm very anxious too :D

mayyybeee... LOL I hope it's a good sign and like you said maybe it's an update before sending out interviews. it's been months since I heard from LECOM, so i'm very anxious too :D
yes same. i have not heard anything since i submitted so hopefully it means something good!

Interview #1
School
: LECOM
Notification date: 8/17/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16/2020
Application complete date: 7/30/20 (took my DAT 7/19)
GPA (science, overall): 3.5/3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/Biology-16-ouch :(
Interview date: 10/22/20
Method of interview: Online
do you have a "Supplemental Application Submission Status" tab on their page? I just got that tab two days ago, and I am not sure if it means anything. I am asking you bc you got an interview so I am wondering if you had that

I have a very unimportant question....
Anyone know what color the scrubs will be for the class of 2025? I’m just curious.

How did you find this out?
I went to LECOM GKAS day and my school scrub colors are Hunter green, and I was like damn that’s a lot of members of my school’s pre-dental society here, I haven’t even seen most of these guys before. A lot of dental students were wearing other colors, til I asked a student and they said the first years wear Hunter green. Facepalm lmao

I went to LECOM GKAS day and my school scrub colors are Hunter green, and I was like damn that’s a lot of members of my school’s pre-dental society here, I haven’t even seen most of these guys before. A lot of dental students were wearing other colors, til I asked a student and they said the first years wear Hunter green. Facepalm lmao

When did you go? I think you might have seen a different green. You wear the same color scrubs all four years so if you're talking about what the D1s last year were wearing, then that's not what you'll be wearing. You are correct though that the D1s of class 2025 will be wearing hunter green, but it's a darker green than the teal one current D2s are wearing. My class is royal blue.

How did you find this out?
I have a friend that graduated Lecom SDM last year and they have the same 4 colors that rotate classes and she just did the rotation and calculated that c/o 2025 would be in the green scrubs.

When did you go? I think you might have seen a different green. You wear the same color scrubs all four years so if you're talking about what the D1s last year were wearing, then that's not what you'll be wearing. You are correct though that the D1s of class 2025 will be wearing hunter green, but it's a darker green than the teal one current D2s are wearing. My class is royal blue.
What scrub brands does LECOM suggest to buy from?

What scrub brands does LECOM suggest to buy from?
You technically have to buy from Scrubclub which is a local shop. The three brands are wink, healing hands, and cherokee. People do get away with figs but you have to get them embroidered on your own, which seems to be hit or miss on whether you can get Scrubclub to do it.

You technically have to buy from Scrubclub which is a local shop. The three brands are wink, healing hands, and cherokee. People do get away with figs but you have to get them embroidered on your own, which seems to be hit or miss on whether you can get Scrubclub to do it.
This probably changes depending on school but how do they view the jogger scrubs

This probably changes depending on school but how do they view the jogger scrubs
Ive seen people with them. I think one of the three brands already offers joggers for women so no one will blink an eye.

Is LECOM anyone else's first choice? Also, judging from last years interview thread for LECOM, they send all of their acceptances via email correct?

We are getting closer guys! :)

Is LECOM anyone else's first choice? Also, judging from last years interview thread for LECOM, they send all of their acceptances via email correct?

We are getting closer guys! :)
All initial acceptances are through email. If you get waitlisted or do a post December interview though then it can be a call if they offer you a spot.

I don't remember actually. I remember them saying rejects are by mail during my interview but I'd have to think waitlist is by email.

That’d be pretty cruel if you’re waiting there all day December 15th, haven’t gotten a phone call yet, then alas! You’re getting a phone call! And it’s Lecom saying you’re waitlisted

I wonder if they only send 105 acceptances on the initial acceptance day on Dec 15th. Because I know other schools like Midwestern send more than the number of seats they expect to fill. :unsure: