LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think LECOM has the total package-cheap, accelerated and good reputation and friendly environment. what more could you ask? Does anyone know how long does it for me to get my matriculation packet?:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Just an another reminder. I would really appreciate it if all the students who already have had their interview with LECOM to this day, can take some time to do the interview feedback survey. The last entry is from 2009. It will really help the future interviewees.

The last entry is from 2011? Study the questions, even from past years, that's what I did and it helped a lot.

I think LECOM has the total package-cheap, accelerated and good reputation and friendly environment. what more could you ask? Does anyone know how long does it for me to get my matriculation packet?:love:

They will send you the matriculation packet via email once they receive your $500 Deposit. I had a delivery confirmation, when the shipment status marked delivered I received the packet within couple hours.
By the way the only way they take payment is by certified funds, no credit card or online, you have to mail it.

Members don't see this ad :)
They will send you the matriculation packet via email once they receive your $500 Deposit. I had a delivery confirmation, when the shipment status marked delivered I received the packet within couple hours.
By the way the only way they take payment is by certified funds, no credit card or online, you have to mail it.

so Do I have to send my deposit by check through certified mail with delivery confirmation? or either certified mail or delivery confirmation?

Can you clarify this please? I want to make sure I do it right. thank you so much for all your help. see you in august. did you join the facebook group yet?

By judging from the posts, so far there are five of us who have been accepted at LECOM-Erie and will be attending. We can be sure that this number will increase by one once pharmdnj718 gets accepted. And yes I did count, but our thread only has three pages. Feel free to correct or update anytime!:)

Here's the list:

• 2011Bound
  • DPH38
  • NorthEast2011
  • Samus2008
  • Ifrank
(order based on when the user indicated he or she was accepted)

Thank you so much. I got my acceptance yesterday in the mail. definitely attending. so happy. by the way there are More people who got accepted than you counted

The additional people who got in are: chicongle, Roxan2010, SRX128, FARMACIST2011, pharmdnj718, klt51100

Last edited:
congrats to those who got interview invites and to those who got accepted into lecom-erie. To those who decided to attend lecom-erie, a very nice girl created a facebook group and the link is on the forum. I encourage everyone who will be attending to join the group so we can get to know each other better. Also for people who got accepted and attending, please don't forget to update delano2000 on the roll call forum since he is nice enough to organize the list for everyone. thanks. Congrats again people and hope to see all of you in august!:love:

so Do I have to send my deposit by check through certified mail with delivery confirmation? or either certified mail or delivery confirmation?

Can you clarify this please? I want to make sure I do it right. thank you so much for all your help. see you in august. did you join the facebook group yet?

I did both, and I believe that was on the instruction. Check your acceptance letter, one of the pages specify it.

I did both, and I believe that was on the instruction. Check your acceptance letter, one of the pages specify it.

thank you. are you from florida? if so, which part of florida? did you join the facebook group?

Thank you so much. I got my acceptance yesterday in the mail. definitely attending. so happy. by the way there are More people who got accepted than you counted

The additional people who got in are: chicongle, Roxan2010, SRX128, FARMACIST2011, pharmdnj718, klt51100

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you! :highfive:
Thanks for updating the list. I was not sure about chicongle or SRX128 since both of them have been accepted elsewhere and couldn't determine if they will attend LECOM-Erie fore sure. Glad to see more people on our thread. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you! :highfive:
Thanks for updating the list. I was not sure about chicongle or SRX128 since both of them have been accepted elsewhere and couldn't determine if they will attend LECOM-Erie fore sure. Glad to see more people on our thread. :)

I saw chicongle wrote on the thread he is attending lecom-erie and he also joined our facebook group. i think SRX128 IS also attending. I think everyone attending lecom-erie should join the facebook group so we can get our class united. thanks for the congrats and support all along. I'll see you in august. I joined the facebook group yesterday. you should too.:love:

thank you. are you from florida? if so, which part of florida? did you join the facebook group?

Yes, I'm from the West Palm Beach area. I haven't join the facebook creww. I will soon, I don't have much on my page..

Yes, I'm from the West Palm Beach area. I haven't join the facebook creww. I will soon, I don't have much on my page..

I haven't been there but i heard it's beautiful. Is your first name Frank?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just went to the post office and turned in my deposit and matriculation agreement this morning. I can't wait to get my matriculation packet.:love:

I haven't been there but i heard it's beautiful. Is your first name Frank?

You got it!!! yours?? Now we just have to find a good apartment complex. I found a few online, which look decent. Are you from Jersey?

You got it!!! yours?? Now we just have to find a good apartment complex. I found a few online, which look decent. Are you from Jersey?

I sent you a private message, please check your inbox. i'm from new jersey. i don't really like it here, trying to get out.

My wife and I looked at a ton when we were up there for the interview. We decided to rent a house instead. If you have any questions let me know because we might have looked at them and can give you some information.

My interview this week went very well. I was able to talk to a lot of people at LECOM and locals at Erie. My overall impression is LECOM is a decent school. It has good facilities, especially the nice size compounding lab. The new fitness center looks good in picture. The two faculty members were formal but friendly. Eire is nice with relatively low cost of living.

I asked about choices of rotation sites and was told that students might need to come back to Erie for a 5-6 week rotation with LECOM faculty. But those rotations tend to be filled out fast by students who choose to stay at Eire in their P3. I know there was a thread "LECOM Erie Warning" about this issue last year Dec.

The school is trying anyway it can to reduce cost which certainly reduces the tuition. For instance, comparing to another school I interviewed, at LECOM you need to fill out all the paper work yourself if you choose to go to other states for rotation. Plus, no food and drink policy. Plus they choose not print out anything whenever they can use digital versions. All these make sense to me. I'd rather pay less tuition and do a little paper work on my own.

About dress code, I was told that when students dress formally in class they tend to be ready to learn or they are serious about what they do. That I agree too just based on my own experience.

I hope I can get in, and then it will be a decision between LECOM Erie and my home state school.

Thank you, 2011bound, DPH38 and anyone who shared your thoughts on LECOM's program.

My interview this week went very well. I was able to talk to a lot of people at LECOM and locals at Erie. My overall impression is LECOM is a decent school. It has good facilities, especially the nice size compounding lab. The new fitness center looks good in picture. The two faculty members were formal but friendly. Eire is nice with relatively low cost of living.

I asked about choices of rotation sites and was told that students might need to come back to Erie for a 5-6 week rotation with LECOM faculty. But those rotations tend to be filled out fast by students who choose to stay at Eire in their P3. I know there was a thread "LECOM Erie Warning" about this issue last year Dec.

The school is trying anyway it can to reduce cost which certainly reduces the tuition. For instance, comparing to another school I interviewed, at LECOM you need to fill out all the paper work yourself if you choose to go to other states for rotation. Plus, no food and drink policy. Plus they choose not print out anything whenever they can use digital versions. All these make sense to me. I'd rather pay less tuition and do a little paper work on my own.

About dress code, I was told that when students dress formally in class they tend to be ready to learn or they are serious about what they do. That I agree too just based on my own experience.

I hope I can get in, and then it will be a decision between LECOM Erie and my home state school.

Thank you, 2011bound, DPH38 and anyone who shared your thoughts on LECOM's program.

I hope you get in and my finger is crossed for you. I will be attending lecom-erie in august and lecom-erie is my first choice. I wanted a school that is cheap, accelerated and has a good reputation. LECOM-ERIE seems like a perfect match for me. I really liked the school when I interviewed there, everyone was so friendly to me and I loved the facility, the school has a big caferia unless other pharmacy schools, which some don't even have a caferia. It's great that they actually have a fitness center so i can go workout after classes to keep me fit.

people complain about their strict policies, but I actually like their dress code since I love to wear professional clothes anyways and assigned seating is ok and no food and drink policy, i will just eat and drink in the cafeteria for that cheap tuition.

I'm only worried about finding 750 hours on my own before taking the board. But i'm sure things will work out somehow.

I like the fact that they offer scholarship to second and third students if you do well in your first year, which will further reduce my tuition. No other 3 year programs i know offers academic or financial scholarships.

also, passing benchmarks, lecom-erie only require 70% to pass each class whereas some schools require 85 to 90 on exams to pass their classes.

I think the professors at LECOM-ERIE ACTUALLY care about you and know who you are unlike some schools where the professors don't know you at all.

LECOM-ERIE has very low attrition rate. Their goal is not help every student pass, not to weed out students like some other schools.

Every school has pros and cons, I know I can deal with LECOM-ERIE's minimal cons.

let me know what you think and good luck with your decision

I have a word of warning for those going into an accelerated program. I was accepted at LECOM last year and initially planned to go, but opted for a 4 year institution instead. I'm very glad I made this decision because the first semester was unbelievable hectic and stressful without being accelerated. Looking at it know, I don't know how in the world they can stuff any more information into each semester. It has to be unbelievably difficult.

I have a word of warning for those going into an accelerated program. I was accepted at LECOM last year and initially planned to go, but opted for a 4 year institution instead. I'm very glad I made this decision because the first semester was unbelievable hectic and stressful without being accelerated. Looking at it know, I don't know how in the world they can stuff any more information into each semester. It has to be unbelievably difficult.

what pharmacy school can be attending now?

Hi, I'm new on here (first post) and I was hoping if anyone could answer a few questions. I'm still waiting to hear back from schools but I applied relatively late compared to everyone else (Dec 1st).
-Do I even have a chance of an interview so late in the process or are seats getting pretty filled up already?
-Also, for those who have interviewed, how was it and what kind of questions are expected (general or weird/controversial)

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!

My stats aren't super high so I'm getting nervous that I haven't heard back from places yet:
GPA: 3.1 (M.S); 3.26 overall
PCAT: 84
Lots of volunteering, work experience, patient counseling, research lab technician, student government

Hi, I'm new on here (first post) and I was hoping if anyone could answer a few questions. I'm still waiting to hear back from schools but I applied relatively late compared to everyone else (Dec 1st).
-Do I even have a chance of an interview so late in the process or are seats getting pretty filled up already?
-Also, for those who have interviewed, how was it and what kind of questions are expected (general or weird/controversial)

My stats aren't super high so I'm getting nervous that I haven't heard back from places yet:
Lots of volunteering, work experience, patient counseling, research lab technician, student government

I think you have a good chance, although, I have no idea of knowing how many spots are taken. I have similar stats and got in. I have a 3.1 GPA (overall and science/math), 99 on pcat, pharmacy tech experience, officer in pharmacy club, teaching assistant for organic chemistry, and research experience with computational chemistry.

You have a solid pcat and I think the research lab technician experience is great because it makes you competitive. Where did you get the patient counseling experience?

Look at it this way, they are still interviewing so they haven't filled all their spots yet. If your stats are better than those they are currently interviewing then they are not going to ignore that. Good luck!

For the interview questions, look at SDN interview feedback for the specific schools you are interviewing at. It is really helpful.

I know it's going to be harder but I look at it this way: Many people have done it, and done so successfully. I currently work with two pharmacists that went to an accelerated pharmacy school. They are both great at what they do. I'm confident in my abilities and know that I have to do everything I can to learn as much as I can and retain it for my profession.

With the market getting more saturated with each graduating class, I am very happy to be attending a three year program. I'm also happy that you found what is best for you. You definitely have to feel comfortable with it!

The reason why I chose LECOM over the rest of the schools I applied to was because it is an accelerated program, relatively cheap and closer to home. I have already taken 10-15 courses that are on LECOM's curriculum as an undergrad and did well in those. My work experience should also come in handy. Thus, I feel that I have sufficient academic and professional background that will help me get through pharmacy school. But yeah, if I only had been in college for two years with not much experience, then I would have picked a pharmacy school with regular program. Besides, after reading all of the "sky is falling on pharmacy" threads on SDN, I would rather graduate one year earlier than most students from current admission cycle. I appreciate the warning, though.:)

@2011Bound:

I'm not sure how to reply to a thread...

Thanks for the encouragement! And I will definitely check out the interview questions. Congrats on getting accepted! When did you apply and interview?

I did patient counseling as an HIV/STI prevention counselor at a health clinic.

Last edited:
@2011Bound:

I'm not sure how to reply to a thread...

Thanks for the encouragement! And I will definitely check out the interview questions. Congrats on getting accepted! When did you apply and interview?

I did patient counseling as an HIV/STI prevention counselor at a health clinic.

To reply to a thread just hit the quote button. LECOM received all my info from pharmcas October 11th. Originally they gave me a January interview date, but I called LECOM to ask if there were any cancellations and had my interview date bumped up to November.

Last edited:
does anyone know any website to look for room/studio rentals near LECOM?

I interviewed last week. At the time, LECOM had offered 50 accepts. They offer about 150 a year. So I think you still have a good chance.

I hope you get in and my finger is crossed for you. I will be attending lecom-erie in august and lecom-erie is my first choice. I wanted a school that is cheap, accelerated and has a good reputation. LECOM-ERIE seems like a perfect match for me. I really liked the school when I interviewed there, everyone was so friendly to me and I loved the facility, the school has a big caferia unless other pharmacy schools, which some don't even have a caferia. It's great that they actually have a fitness center so i can go workout after classes to keep me fit.

people complain about their strict policies, but I actually like their dress code since I love to wear professional clothes anyways and assigned seating is ok and no food and drink policy, i will just eat and drink in the cafeteria for that cheap tuition.

I'm only worried about finding 750 hours on my own before taking the board. But i'm sure things will work out somehow.

I like the fact that they offer scholarship to second and third students if you do well in your first year, which will further reduce my tuition. No other 3 year programs i know offers academic or financial scholarships.

also, passing benchmarks, lecom-erie only require 70% to pass each class whereas some schools require 85 to 90 on exams to pass their classes.

I think the professors at LECOM-ERIE ACTUALLY care about you and know who you are unlike some schools where the professors don't know you at all.

LECOM-ERIE has very low attrition rate. Their goal is not help every student pass, not to weed out students like some other schools.

Every school has pros and cons, I know I can deal with LECOM-ERIE's minimal cons.

let me know what you think and good luck with your decision

Thank you, pharmdnj718!

About "I'm only worried about finding 750 hours on my own before taking the board", I was thinking if I decided to attend, I would move to Erie a few months early just to try my chances for getting some of those hours done.

The student who gave us a tour during the interview was working halftime at a chain store to fill in those hours. I think he is in his P2. Speaking about the heavy workload of an accelerated program, how could someone attend the program, work halftime as an intern, and still give tours to applicants during a school day (this is sort of work too which is financed by scholarship)? So I am saying, if he can manage it, I don't see why any of us can't.

does anyone know any website to look for room/studio rentals near LECOM?

How close to Lecom are you looking? By room/studio do you mean you only want a one-bedroom place vs. a 2+ with roommate(s)? Do you have a pet?

My wife and I looked at a bunch when we were up there and settled on a house instead. Laurel Springs and Laurel Ridge are really close and I think they have one bedrooms. We didn't look at them because we only looked at pet friendly places.

If any of you have pets it's really hard to find a place to rent in Erie. Carrollwood is near Lecom but the management company is really shady. Belle Village is nice and affordable but it's a 15+ minute drive. I didn't want to commute that far or sign with a company I didn't like so we just looked on Craigslist.

I interviewed last week. At the time, LECOM had offered 50 accepts. They offer about 150 a year. So I think you still have a good chance.

Thanks! I hope so! May I also ask how your interview went and what you thought of it?

I'm looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment -just me, no pets. I think I'd prefer a studio since it's only me and hopefully they would be a little cheaper than some 1 bedrooms I've seen on craigslist.

The 1 bedrooms at Laurel Springs/Ridge and Granada seem a little pricey for me. I could live farther away since I have a reliable car, but don't want to have to drive any more than 15 minutes to school.

If anyone knows of something let me know. I'll probably start looking seriously after my classes are over mid May. Id like to move in August 1st so I can avoid July rent and keep working at my current job as long as possible.

How close to Lecom are you looking? By room/studio do you mean you only want a one-bedroom place vs. a 2+ with roommate(s)? Do you have a pet?

My wife and I looked at a bunch when we were up there and settled on a house instead. Laurel Springs and Laurel Ridge are really close and I think they have one bedrooms. We didn't look at them because we only looked at pet friendly places.

If any of you have pets it's really hard to find a place to rent in Erie. Carrollwood is near Lecom but the management company is really shady. Belle Village is nice and affordable but it's a 15+ minute drive. I didn't want to commute that far or sign with a company I didn't like so we just looked on Craigslist.

i'm looking for a place that is a reasonable walking distance to LECOM so i don't have to get a car until summer for IPPE. I don't care if it's a one bedroom place or sharing with roommates in a big apartment. I just need to rent a room for myself and no pet. let me know if you have any suggestions thanks. I looked on craiglist, some are 1/3 mile to 1 mile from lecom, i'm wondering if it's walkable to lecom?

Thank you, pharmdnj718!

About "I'm only worried about finding 750 hours on my own before taking the board", I was thinking if I decided to attend, I would move to Erie a few months early just to try my chances for getting some of those hours done.

The student who gave us a tour during the interview was working halftime at a chain store to fill in those hours. I think he is in his P2. Speaking about the heavy workload of an accelerated program, how could someone attend the program, work halftime as an intern, and still give tours to applicants during a school day (this is sort of work too which is financed by scholarship)? So I am saying, if he can manage it, I don't see why any of us can't.

when i went to the interview, a student ambassador suggested getting some of the 750 hours during the summer of p1 because we will only have IPPE FOR 8 weeks so we can work to get some hours for the remainder of the summer time and then get some hours during final rotation year as well. (working on weekends). I don't think working part time during school year is good because It's an accelerated program and i want to focus on my grades when classes are in session. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

I'm looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment -just me, no pets. I think I'd prefer a studio since it's only me and hopefully they would be a little cheaper than some 1 bedrooms I've seen on craigslist.

The 1 bedrooms at Laurel Springs/Ridge and Granada seem a little pricey for me. I could live farther away since I have a reliable car, but don't want to have to drive any more than 15 minutes to school.

If anyone knows of something let me know. I'll probably start looking seriously after my classes are over mid May. Id like to move in August 1st so I can avoid July rent and keep working at my current job as long as possible.

I haven't seen any of these so I don't know about the quality but the price is cheap. http://www.joepalermo.com/ Go to rentals and there are some starting at $300/month. Palermo has somewhat of a bad rep (from what I've seen online) for not giving your security deposit back for reasons they make up and using shady techniques to try to get renters. For example, we were considering a certain complex they own before we decided on the house and they kept stringing us along telling us there was an opening but not giving details and telling us to wait but that it would definitely happen. It was never going to happen unless there was an opening but it doesn't seem likely. They just wanted us to rely on it in case there was an opening in the future and we didn't appreciate the lying. Anyways, if you like something they are renting I would just make sure you hold your ground and be firm. For example, they kept quoting one place as being so much a semester and it seemed cheap but they were making it seem that a semester was a school year. I called him out on it and he finally said something along the lines of that he added it wrong but that wasn't the case because the same thing happened to others according to other rental website reviews.

Also, there is this website: http://plyrentals.com/1bedroom.html
I spoke with the owner of this company on the phone and he seems very nice and professional. Spoke with me for 30 minutes and just gave me information about the city and snow since I'm from Florida.

i'm looking for a place that is a reasonable walking distance to LECOM so i don't have to get a car until summer for IPPE. I don't care if it's a one bedroom place or sharing with roommates in a big apartment. I just need to rent a room for myself and no pet. let me know if you have any suggestions thanks. I looked on craiglist, some are 1/3 mile to 1 mile from lecom, i'm wondering if it's walkable to lecom?

I don't know what your price range is but I don't think you can beat Laurel Springs or Laurel Ridge in terms of proximity. I think you can just walk across the street to Lecom, at least for one of them. I didn't see them but I've seen online from reviews that the quality isn't as good as others in town but if proximity is more important than you might want to check it out. http://www.pastorebuilders.com/rentals/laurelridge.html

When does everyone plan to be moved in by? I don't wanna wait too long and not be able to find a place, but also don't want to waste an extra month's rent.

When does everyone plan to be moved in by? I don't wanna wait too long and not be able to find a place, but also don't want to waste an extra month's rent.

i would have to say august 1st because orientation will probably start in mid-august. we don't know the exact date until further update from lecom

I'm moving in July 1st. I figured it would be nice to have a little time up there before school starts to settle in. August seemed a little too close to me.

I just interviewed yesterday. I literally have a week from today to reject or accept my offer from NEOUCOP. How long does it usually take to hear back from the school?

3.75GPA
BS in Biology
No PCAT
From Ohio
Undergraduate Microbiology Research
Pharmacy Tech Experience

Last edited:
I just interviewed yesterday. I literally have a week from today to reject or accept my offer from NEOUCOP. How long does it usually take to hear back from the school?

3.75GPA
BS in Biology
No PCAT
From Ohio
Pharmacy Tech Experience

I got my acceptance letter in the mail 8 days after my interview. i see you didn't take the PCAT. You had to write an essay? what essay did you have to write since you didn't take PCAT? I DIDN'T have to write an essay because i took the PCAT. GOOD LUCK and hope you get in.

I got my acceptance letter in the mail 8 days after my interview. i see you didn't take the PCAT. You had to write an essay? what essay did you have to write since you didn't take PCAT? I DIDN'T have to write an essay because i took the PCAT. GOOD LUCK and hope you get in.

Yes I did have to write an essay. The prompt asked me to discuss the problem with the high number of people without health care insurance. What was weird is that my interviewers asked me what the largest problem was in all of health care and how I would fix it (i chose health care insurance) so I was pretty much prepared for the essay before I went in. Thank you for your encouragement!

Yes I did have to write an essay. The prompt asked me to discuss the problem with the high number of people without health care insurance. What was weird is that my interviewers asked me what the largest problem was in all of health care and how I would fix it (i chose health care insurance) so I was pretty much prepared for the essay before I went in. Thank you for your encouragement!

i answered lack of health care insurance also for largest problem in health care. I said by implementing hilary clinton's universal health care plan will fix the problem.

3.75GPA
BS in Biology
No PCAT
From Ohio
Pharmacy Tech Experience

I am in the similar situation now. I was interviewed last Wednesday and have not got any letter yet 7 days later. Due to the snow storm there won't be any mail today and maybe next a few days. The deposit for another school that I also want to attend is due this weekend. But I prefer Lecom than this school.

I have been thinking to call LECOM and explain my situation. But I doubt they will make an exception for me since they emphasized so much on not to call during the interview. Has anyone had any luck for calling to inquire your status?

Instead of calling LECOM, why not ask the other school for an extension?

I am in the similar situation now. I was interviewed last Wednesday and have not got any letter yet 7 days later. Due to the snow storm there won't be any mail today and maybe next a few days. The deposit for another school that I also want to attend is due this weekend. But I prefer Lecom than this school.

I have been thinking to call LECOM and explain my situation. But I doubt they will make an exception for me since they emphasized so much on not to call during the interview. Has anyone had any luck for calling to inquire your status?

may i ask what is the other school you got into?

Well, well!!! This snow is definitely making my nova acceptance very appealing :caution:.