LECOM-Erie class of 2011!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. LisaMD- Lisa, about to be first year, 22
2. LisaMD's boyfriend Phill, transferred to Mercyhurst for teaching, 28
3. amindwalker MSI2B
4. Mrs. amindwalker
5. Lfribble- Lauren first year to be, 28
6. Lfribble's husband- Ken, 27

We can definately have it here if people would like, we have a nice backyard with a fire table for some smores and plenty of games. I was also thinking dinner timish since Ken is working (granted it's from home!). Besides, it's giving me motivation to finish our little projects so I can just relax for the next few weeks instead of working on the house!

Members don't see this ad.

3. amindwalker MSI2B
4. Mrs. amindwalker
7. FieldDoc, 24

But oh what time should the festivities begin? And I think we need an addy so we can find the place, but I don't know if its a good idea to post it on a public message board. We put all our personal stuff like that up on our myspace group whose membership was controlled. Not perfect, but nothing is really ideal in this day and age. Anyway, if its not in Lakeview and anyone lives in Lakeview, we should carpool or meet up because that's where I live. PM me if you're interested.

I'll PM everyone in a bit with my address. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
3. amindwalker MSI2B - Mark, 38
4. Mrs. amindwalker - Cathy-Jo, 40 (Don't tell her I told you) ;)
7. FieldDoc, 24

Family Practice: Keithengineer, tcamdg, viobio2
Internal: tcamdg, SportyChick, bkpa2med
IM/Cardiology: Midazolamb
Pediatrics: Keithengineer, Lfribble
Emergency: tcamdg, ellasmom, SportyChick, bkpa2med
Intensivist: ellasmom
Neurology: viobio2, Lfribble,bkpa2med
Surgery: viobio2, SportyChick
Anesthesiology/Pain Management: amindwalker, bkpa2med
Interventional Neuro-Radiology: amindwalker
Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry: Lfribble
OB/GYN: Lfribble

I already have a desktop so I went the cheap route on a laptop (for those who want to do the same)
Compaq Presario C500T = $379.99 Best Buy
1GB Extra RAM = $31.99 NewEgg.com
Free Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) = www.openoffice.org
Free AntiVirus - www.free-av.com
Free AntiSpyware - www.ewido.net/en/
Free AntiIntrusion - www.novatix.com/cyberhawk/
Free Desktop Search Utility = www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/
Free Print To PDF = www.cutepdf.com
Speed things up by disabling Vista junk = Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Performance Information and Tools > Adjust visual effects > Select: Adjust for best performance (I checked visual styles on windows/buttons because it looks good)

I just bought a Lenovo thinkpad tablet through LECOM. LENOVO THINKPAD X60 TABLET 6363 - CORE DUO L2400 1.66 GHZ - 12.1" TFT
LEN 636338U Intel Core Duo L2400 / 1.66 GHz LV ( Dual-Core )
1 GB (installed) / 3 GB (max), 60 GB, Wireless, 12.1" Display
$1475.00.

I appear to be the first one. It seems to be a pretty bada$$ deal. I won't have it for about 2 weeks.

Not bad. I actually bought the Gateway tablet. It cost $1500 but it came with a Core Duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram the works and a 14" screen. The tablet is cool and will help with organizing notes and what not.

I have an Asus tablet that I got in the mail last week and I love it!! This is also my first laptop. I am excited to write on my powerpoint slides without printing them out. I'm sure the excitement will die out after a few lectures though :rolleyes:

And I have my security meeting this week, luckily the guy reminded me to dress professionally, I probably would have forgotten all about it since I'm just there to get a few things and whatnot.

7. FieldDoc, 24

Wish I could join you guys, but I'm moving to Erie starting this Friday. Hopefully there'll be more SDN get-togethers before school begins. ;)

7. FieldDoc, 24
8. MiesVanDerMom-Libby, soon to be MS1, 28
9. and 10.- MisVanDerMom's kids, 3 and 18 months

My son is galactosemic, so my kids and I will not be partaking of the pizza. I was hoping we might order from a pizza place with french fries. Or maybe I'll just stop and get them some on the way over. That's probably easier. What time is this shin-dig starting? Also, will there be anything for toddlers to play with at your house, Lauren? I will probably bring some obnoxious toys with me to keep them occupied.

Members don't see this ad :)
So wish i could attend the get together..sadly not moving in until the 15th.
Did someone mention Euchre?? I am a huge fan and not to toot my own horn (but i will) i am pretty good....totally game! Speaking of board games...loaded questions is amazing and I vote that it be added to game night!

Internal: tcamdg, SportyChick, bkpa2med, Buckeye4life
IM/Cardiology: Midazolamb
Emergency: tcamdg, ellasmom, SportyChick, bkpa2med
Neurology: viobio2, Lfribble,bkpa2med
Surgery: viobio2, SportyChick, Buckeye4life
Anesthesiology/Pain Management: amindwalker, bkpa2med
Interventional Neuro-Radiology: amindwalker
Orthopedics: Buckeye4life

So wish i could attend the get together..sadly not moving in until the 15th.
Did someone mention Euchre?? I am a huge fan and not to toot my own horn (but i will) i am pretty good....totally game! Speaking of board games...loaded questions is amazing and I vote that it be added to game night!

I think that makes at least four who know how to play or are willing to learn! We'll have to make sure there's another get-together after more of us move into town (my last day of work in DC is the 12th, I hope to move into town by the 20th).

4. Mrs. amindwalker - Cathy-Jo, 40 (She caught me telling you)
5. amindwalker larvae - Roman, 3 and Armand, 9 months
6. Grammy, the amindwalker larvae wrangler, at your service
7. Lfribble- Lauren first year to be, 28
8. Lfribble's husband- Ken, 27
9. FieldDoc, 24
10. MiesVanDerMom-Libby, soon to be MS1, 28
11. and 12.- MisVanDerMom's kids, 3 and 18 months
:hardy::hardy::hardy:

P.S.
Do we bring Beer/wine/tequila or Pepsi/milk/Cool Aid?

I'm so excited to see babies!!! I used to babysit all the time when I was in high school, then I went to college and never saw little kids anymore. I hope nobody minds that I play with your kiddies :love::hardy:

For those of you who have already moved in/MSII who have lived there for a awhile, how hot does it get in august in erie. I have been looking at the weather and it hasnt been above 80. Do u think i need a A/C window unit for my apartment?

I'd say beer/wine/tequila - but the pepsi/milk/coolaid might mix well with some of the others.....

if anyone has any folding chairs, they might be handy too...:oops:

I know the other night it was like 58 degrees at night. I had my window cracked open just a bit and it was as if I did have AC lol

For those of us who totally wish we could be there, here is our list. Hopefully the week before school, or at the open house we'll see ya!

1. Keithengineer - David, to be first year, 28
  2. Keithengineer's Mate, Julie, First year Widow, 26
  3. Keithengineer's Spawn 1, Gracie, 2.6 years
  4. Keithengineer's Spawn 2, Sammy, 5 months

For those of us who totally wish we could be there, here is our list. Hopefully the week before school, or at the open house we'll see ya!
  5. viobio2 - MSI 2B, 21

So what time is everyone going tonight? Sometime after 530? And we're bringing drinks and games? :hardy:

5. viobio2 - MSI 2B, 21
  6. bkpa2med - MSI to be, 22
  7. cebfordham07- Katie MSI to be -22

5. viobio2 - MSI 2B, 21
  6. bkpa2med - Billy, MSI to be, 22

Hey everyone who is coming tonight, if you catch this before you leave, we have plenty of games- Risk, cards, poker chips, x box 360, monopoly, sorry, it continues...yes, we're dorks.

We have a bunch of liquor, a bit of red wine and about 12 beers, Diet Pepsi, Dr Pepper, Apple Juice, etc, so if you're not picky, you'll be able to find something, if you have something you want to bring, feel free. :)

As for everyone else- Can't wait to meet you on the next go round of preLECOM socials!!

For those of you who have already moved in/MSII who have lived there for a awhile, how hot does it get in august in erie. I have been looking at the weather and it hasnt been above 80. Do u think i need a A/C window unit for my apartment?

I have been fine w/ out AC even though my apartment has central air. Do you absolutley need an AC unit? No. If you are used to AC would you probably want to buy one just in case? Yes. I hate sleeping when its hot out. Plus, if you are going to study in your place then it would be nice to be comfy, but that's just how I would want it.

5. viobio2 - MSI 2B, 21
  6. bkpa2med - Billy, MSI to be, 22
  8. sportychick - Crystal, MSI to be, 25

Hey everyone- thanks for coming over last night! It was great to meet you and also put some faces and real names to the screen names!!:)

Hey everyone- thanks for coming over last night! It was great to meet you and also put some faces and real names to the screen names!!:)

Yes it was definitely fun! Phill & I are up for going out to dinner to explore some of the restaurants people recommend if anyone is down for that within the next week.

Sounds good. If we go before Wednesday, my wife and I won't have to bring the kids. It was indeed great to meet you all, Sorry we had to leave early.

Yes, it was nice to have met everyone. Thanks again LFribble for hosting the shin-dig. I will forever remember how to spell "buttercup" backwards. J/K Fielddoc. Transformers, anyone?

"R"......

I'm up for dinner some night, there were a couple local restaurants in that survey by the class of 2010 that might be nice to try. We've stuck mainly to the chain restaurants so far.

Rob- when did you want to go to Transformers? I'm sure Ken would be up for that. As for Harry Potter, I'm planning on going Wednesday night, if anyone is interested.

"R"......

I'm up for dinner some night, there were a couple local restaurants in that survey by the class of 2010 that might be nice to try. We've stuck mainly to the chain restaurants so far.

Rob- when did you want to go to Transformers? I'm sure Ken would be up for that. As for Harry Potter, I'm planning on going Wednesday night, if anyone is interested.

Elizabeth works until 9:00 tonight and during the matinee times over the weekend, so those times would work best for me.

Phill says he would enjoy seeing matinee of Transformers this weekend, just pick a time and he will show up for his date :smuggrin:

There are about 6 matinee shows tomorrow- Ken is up for any of them.

Ask the significant others if they want to go to Tinseltown 17 tomorrow. 1910 Rotunda Drive, Erie, PA, 16509. Here are the times: (12:15), (12:45), (1:15), (3:40), (4:15), (4:45), (5:15). I vote for either the 1:15 or 3:40. Let me know what they think.

Well then, unless Ken can't make it, I'll see everyone tomorrow at 1:15.

Internal: tcamdg
Emergency: tcamdg, ellasmom
Neurology: viobio2, Lfribble, soccerraj171983
Surgery: viobio2
Anesthesiology/Pain Management: amindwalker
Interventional Neuro-Radiology: amindwalker, soccerraj171983

Well I am down for a group dinner before Wednesday, I can do any night. Who else? I would like to try one of the top restaurants that the 2010 class recommended, the exception being El Canelo because I just went yesterday.

Hey guys,

I am a 3rd year at LECOM and just wanted to let you know that about half of our class just got our Step 1 scores back. The test itself is scored 400(passing) to 800. There were a lot of us that got higher than 90th%(>600), some in the 700's, and nobody has failed yet. This is just to let you guys know that you will be getting a quality education, but you still have to work hard. Good luck to you all and remember, MED SCHOOL IS A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.