LECOM-Erie Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bliksem: I can't answer any of your questions...bc I just e-mailed LECOM to ask the same ones you just did! Hopefully there will be movement for us soon!!!!

But hey, waitlist is better than no!

Members don't see this ad.

No letter today.

I was waitlisted as well! But I feel the same way -- it's not a rejection, so I will remain hopeful. There is really no other place I would rather be than LECOM so I am keeping my fingers crossed, for the other waitlisters as well! Good luck!!! I'll be sure to let you guys know if I hear anything.

Btw, what's on April 15? Adcom meeting?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I missed something. What happens on April 15th besides the government taking my hard earned money?

I think April 15th might be the day that allo-applicants holding multiple acceptances have to cut it down to just one?? no promises on that... but I've heard rumors and I tried to do a little searching on here too.

Good luck to all those in LECOM Purgatory!!!:luck:

Ok, but I'm sure it'll take some time to hear since they have to revisit all of the applicants, right?

Here's what I know for sure: The waitlist isn't ranked, but the ADCOM 'periodically re-reviews files when needed'. (direct quote).

I should hope that if anyone interviews from now on, they are accepted as a waitlister, and the people who are already on the list get taken off before they formally accept anyone new. (that seems fair to me...)

ahhhh this is stressful...

Just to completely vent and whine on the subject of waitlisting...

I have to sign a lease for an apartment in the next couple of weeks which totally sucks because if I'm accepted I'll have to decline. Booo.

Just to completely vent and whine on the subject of waitlisting...

I have to sign a lease for an apartment in the next couple of weeks which totally sucks because if I'm accepted I'll have to decline. Booo.
The alternative is to keep the apartment and reapply for next year super early. This way you won't lose out on your deposit. :p

Anyway I hope you hear back good news soon.

Just got the letter - waitlisted.

Don't be discouraged all you waitlisters! I am sure many people will be pulling out from their spots in the coming months for other acceptances and you will soon be in. The medical student I stayed with while looking for a house was waitlisted last year and was finally accepted in May into the PCSP program, so don't get down on yourself. Positive vibes and remember to continue to call the school (Amy Rowe), so that they remember who you are. That is one thing that he did to get off the waitlist and I believe it was his persistance that paid off in the end.

Does anyone know what company would be good to use to get cable/phone/internet? Price? Thanks.

Does anyone know what company would be good to use to get cable/phone/internet? Price? Thanks.

I know TimeWarner is used in the area. http://www.timewarnercable.com/NortheastOhio/
You can search around on there for prices... I think I read that expanded basic cable is like $52/month, digital is like $62, and internet is between like $15-45 depending on the speed you get. I don't know about phone, but I'm sure it's all on there.

Members don't see this ad :)
the place where you rent will hook you up with all that. they'll give you handouts about the services in the area with price list.

Has anyone called to see if there has been any waitlist movement yesterday or today?

It's my understanding that you'll get (possibly) a phone call, and definitely a letter if you get off the waitlist. I'm just trying to keep in touch with admissions as much as possible, but I feel like I'm being annoying if I call too much. I don't imagine they'd give you more than a yes or no answer about waitlist movement, and I think that is more nerve-racking than not knowing if it is moving at all. (i.e. what if they say yes there is movement, and you don't get a letter... that would just stress me out even more).

My advice would just be to keep up communication so LECOM knows you still love them. I don't know if asking about the waitlist will get it moving any faster.

Good luck !!!:luck::luck:

Has anyone called to see if there has been any waitlist movement yesterday or today?

I called Amy on Tuesday. She said there was nothing definitive about April 15th and they constantly revisit the files. Did anyone send a letter of intent?

sorry to ne one who was interested in m townhouse...its sold.

So I'll be removing myself from the waitlist at LECOM-E soon. I found out today that I was accepted at KCUMB. Best of luck to you all.

Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! Hopefully you will all hear something good soon!! To everyone who is in, be sure and check out the LECOM- Erie Class of 2012 in the Osteopathic class threads!

After being waitlisted and than accepted, I will be giving up my seat in the LDP pathway, to go to AZCOM.

Hope this will help someone who is waiting for that letter, don't give up there is still time.

Hey all,
I'm a current LECOM Erie 1st yr (Class of 2011) and am offering the second bedroom of my townhouse to those who are waitlisted and need to find housing. I'm aware that housing fills up fast in Erie and if anyone is looking for temporary housing (a month or two) next fall, I have an extra room that can be rented while you find housing. If you're interested please let me know. Good luck to all w/ the waitlist process!

I find this thread a little confusing. I interviewed yesterday at LECOM and everyone stated they have some open positions left in all four pathways. They never mentioned the waitlist or being at capacity for the year. Has there already been that much movement on it?—you'd think there would be several people celebrating in this thread if that were the case.

I find this thread a little confusing. I interviewed yesterday at LECOM and everyone stated they have some open positions left in all four pathways. They never mentioned the waitlist or being at capacity for the year. Has there already been that much movement on it?—you'd think there would be several people celebrating in this thread if that were the case.

Several people have mentioned that LECOM-Erie are not very forthcoming, and have even been called liars. I received a letter first week of April that stated "the approved class size had been achieved". To be fair, I think the waitlist is very dynamic towards the end of the application cycle.

As well, I think LECOM may say twist the truth to say they have open positions because they expect to pull a lot of people off the waitlist, and want to encourage strong candidates to stick around.

Some among LECOM students (and some staff) feel LECOM admin could be more organized.

I found it to be a little disturbing that when I went for my interview the class was already full and we were interviewing for waitlist positions. I think they could have at least told us we were interviewing for a waitlist spot before we traveled all the way to Erie and spent $$$. Although I would spend large sums of money and travel vast distances just at the slightest hope of being one step closer to Med school, but still it would be nice if the school would be a little more fourthcomming about what I was about to undertake.
Although I have since been taken off the waitlist, I won't be accepting the seat. I wish the best of luck to those who are still reaching for the brass ring, LECOM is a nice school but not for everyone. Seriously now that I got accepted to a school I hope the next time a wear a tie is at my funeral.

Has anyone who has been accepted not received their matriculation packet yet?

hello,

how many LOR's does the LECOM requires?

how many faculty, non science and non faculty (i.e. physician)?

The information is on the LECOM home page. Go to prospective students then apply, links are on the right hand side of the page. Please search before asking.

But to answer your question one committee letter or two science faculty letters and one DO (NOT MD) letter

See I answered his question

:laugh:

has anyone else been accepted and not filed the financial aid/FAFSA stuff yet? I keep getting these automated emails saying to do so, but I havent gotten my 2007 tax info back yet from our accountant so I can't even do this (we applied for extensions). I emailed someone at financial aid at LECOM a few weeks ago and they said it was fine to wait but just do it as soon as possible. anyone else in the same boat?

mikemd..im on the same boat as you..im waiting for my tax returns...they should be in in a while..but yeah they told me the same...cant really do much without those returns..

also..if ne ones looking for a large house to share with 4 or 5 people..heres the flyer..you can call KOLB REALTY...at 814-838-8661

1750.00 per month with utilities included..
1 double occupancy suite with bath and large bedroom
and 3 single occupancy suites with a shared bathroom
internet and utilities included..so between 4 or 5 people..its a pretty sweet deal...i was about to go for it..but i found a single at the last minute so im taking that..but for a group of large people its fine..if u want the flyer (everything i posted is right off the flyer) and its literally a 45 second drivev to erie the address is 2312 W Grandview Boulevard (5 blocks from LECOM) if you want the flyer..let me know and i can email it to you!

i just wanted to know if anyone who interviewed in march and afterward and got waitlisted has heard anything yet? everytime i call the office or amy i get vm, leave msgs and noone returns my calls or emails..

I interviewed March 14th & received my waitlist letter April 10th... nothing yet...this page has been quiet.

i just wanted to know if anyone who interviewed in march and afterward and got waitlisted has heard anything yet? everytime i call the office or amy i get vm, leave msgs and noone returns my calls or emails..

So I hope its not to late in the game to start looking for a roomate for next fall, but my acceptance was conditional on getting a c or better in ochem II and I just got my final grade. So now I'm definitely in!

Anyhow if anyone is interested I'm a 26 y/o Female. I'm originally from about 45 minutes south of erie. I don't have any pets but wouldn't mind living with someone who does, and would like to find a place fairly close to the school. If anyones still looking for a roomate let me know.

Hey guys!! So, I went to look at some apartments today! Besides Laurel Ridge and Laurel Springs, I also like Mill Glenn apts and Royal Villa. Does anyone know which one is better or closer to LECOM? Is it relatively quiet at Mill Glenn since someone mentioned that sometimes it can be noisy. ALso, anyone have any feedback on Winchester or Alpine apartments?
Thanks a lot!!!
progress.gif

hi guys,
well, I have been following this forum for a bit. heres my story, I interviewed April 19 and found out today I have been accepted, but waitlisted!

I have my fingers crossed and I am trying to remain optimistic. I suggest my fellow "waitlisters" do the same. No reason to stress what we cant control at this point.

one question though. if waitlisted and by some chance do not matriculate in fall '08 are you automatically in for fall '09? or would we have to go back through the entire application process?

hi guys,
well, I have been following this forum for a bit. heres my story, I interviewed April 19 and found out today I have been accepted, but waitlisted!

I have my fingers crossed and I am trying to remain optimistic. I suggest my fellow "waitlisters" do the same. No reason to stress what we cant control at this point.

one question though. if waitlisted and by some chance do not matriculate in fall '08 are you automatically in for fall '09? or would we have to go back through the entire application process?

hello fellow waitlister... my fingers are crossed too! I check up every week to see if there are any changes.

To answer your question though, it is my knowledge that you have to go through the entire application again, unless they tell you otherwise. From reading back to others who were waitlisted at LECOM-E, they didn't say anything about automatic acceptance for the following year.

Hey guys!! So, I went to look at some apartments today! Besides Laurel Ridge and Laurel Springs, I also like Mill Glenn apts and Royal Villa. Does anyone know which one is better or closer to LECOM? Is it relatively quiet at Mill Glenn since someone mentioned that sometimes it can be noisy. ALso, anyone have any feedback on Winchester or Alpine apartments?
Thanks a lot!!!
progress.gif

I heard a lot of students also live in the lakeview, village on pacific apartments (few blocks from school). These have a bonus as they have a garage and each unit has a washer and dryer. I believe www.malenodevelopments.com is their website.

Yeah, I would love to live at lakeview, but the only problem is that the rent is too expensive and I won't be able to afford it. Has anyone else heard anything about MillGlenn apartments?

ALso, I am number 43 on the waitlist for the Laurel Springs apts. IS that a good thing?

If anyone is still looking for housing...

There are two houses that are about 5 minutes walking distance from LECOM open for rent starting in June.

One has three bedrooms while the other is a single bedroom deal. Both have access to a pool and I believe the landlady is in the process of adding a gym to the property in the near future.

The rent is pretty cheap and the houses are located on a quiet side street near LECOM.

If anyone is interested, please email me @ [email protected] for more info.

You can also email the landlady directly @ [email protected]

Thanks and congrats on your acceptance to LECOM!

Hello fellow waitlisters, I was just wondering if anyone knows who to address the LOI to, I can't seem to find a specific person to address it to and I want to get this thing out ASAP as you can all imagine, lol. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Hello fellow waitlisters, I was just wondering if anyone knows who to address the LOI to, I can't seem to find a specific person to address it to and I want to get this thing out ASAP as you can all imagine, lol. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

I just addressed mine to "Office of Admissions". I'm sure that even if you addressed it to the provost (she signed your wait list letter), that it would still just go to the admissions committee and in your file.

Yeah, I would love to live at lakeview, but the only problem is that the rent is too expensive and I won't be able to afford it. Has anyone else heard anything about MillGlenn apartments?

ALso, I am number 43 on the waitlist for the Laurel Springs apts. IS that a good thing?

Since they said there are only 12 apts available, I don't think you have much of a chance. But you could get lucky

[wait, for the Laurel Springs, aren't there supposed to be 6 apartment complexes, each with 12 apts?

[wait, for the Laurel Springs, aren't there supposed to be 6 apartment complexes, each with 12 apts?

I would think so too...the place looks rather huge. I was told that they won't even start filling the rooms til mid/late May or early June... I imagine you'll get into Laurel Springs.

random question: anyone have an idea of how many people are waitlisted and or how many might be expected to be waitlisted?

I interviewed recently and just got a letter stating that the LECOM ADCOM looks favorably at my application but at this point the class is full! What are the chances of being accepted????

The laurel spring apartments are across the street from LECOM. When I went there a few weeks ago, they looked no where close to being completed. There is a total of 6 buildings and maybe one or two will be finished by the time school starts..who knows.

Anyways, I decided that I'd rather not deal with the construction mess and/or the winter snow on my car; thus I'm getting a place with a garage...ie. lakeview, village on pacific, ect...down the block.

; thus I'm getting a place with a garage...ie. lakeview, village on pacific, ect...down the block.

Good luck! I called them back in February and was placed on a wait list. I call every month and they keep telling me they don't know when they will have anything available. I am on 5 different wait lists and have only received one call... for a place that is $1100+ utilities... that is more than I am paying in Pittsburgh.

I have been up to Erie several times since I was accepted in October and have yet to find a place to live! Is anyone else having such difficulty?
Some of the places are really gross and substandard.

I'm doing ISP, so all I really need is a room for the nights I have to be there!
Is that room mate list ever going to come out?

P.S. Stay away from Granada... I heard they have rats.

Anyhow if anyone is interested I'm a 26 y/o Female. I'm originally from about 45 minutes south of erie. I don't have any pets but wouldn't mind living with someone who does, and would like to find a place fairly close to the school. If anyones still looking for a roomate let me know.

Hey I am looking for a room mate. I'm Female and a couple years older than you. I'm doing ISP, so my primary residence will be in Pittsburgh. So bonus to you... I will only be there when necesscary! I have no pets, non-smoker, and am on the waiting lists for several places near the school since Feburary.