-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LECOM - Erie Discussion thread 2008-2009
Started by mshheaddoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Class of 2013 Baby!!!! PBL!!!
Congrats my man...see you in the fall.....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
r u serious its been 6 days since the 16thdang! why does mine still say that "my application is under review"?? they should've made a decision by now. i interviewed friday the 16th. this doesn't seem like good news...
well, they meet on wednesdays to make decisions. so i'm thinking, they should've made a decision by now you know? i don't know why it says "under review" on my status. have you gotten your decision letter yet? when did you interview?
First of all, take a deep breath and calm down. You're too stressed to realize that people have already answered your question.
The website doesn't always correlate with your actual status, so you can stop hitting the refresh button. I know it's tough but just be patient.
Good luck!
well, they meet on wednesdays to make decisions. so i'm thinking, they should've made a decision by now you know? i don't know why it says "under review" on my status. have you gotten your decision letter yet? when did you interview?
I would expect to wait at least 2 weeks.
I would expect to wait at least 2 weeks.
Yeah, I had to wait a month before my letter came.
Got an interview YIIPPIIEE!!! anyone else interviewing 3/13? Can anyone give any advice about the interview?
Congrats on getting one step closer to LECOM. the interview is very relaxed, lasts about 15-30 minutes depending on how much you talk or the interviewers talk. It 2 on 1. Read the interview feedbacks from LECOM they'll be helpful. the comments I looked at left by members were extremely helpful. Good luck on your interview and hopefully the weather will turn out less snowy.
Overall it's a bout 7% who apply, actually matriculate.Does anyone know the ratio of interviewed:accepted? Specifically in march.
I interviewed last march and I got in
congrats! When did you interview?I just got accepted to LECOM Seton Hill! Anyone else going there?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Overall it's a bout 7% who apply, actually matriculate.
I interviewed last march and I got in
sweet, hopefully same for me... but how many get accepted that are interviewed?
sweet, hopefully same for me... but how many get accepted that are interviewed?
from what dr. moore told us, roughly 50% of those that interview get accepted. hope that helps 🙂
Got an interview YIIPPIIEE!!! anyone else interviewing 3/13? Can anyone give any advice about the interview?
Congrats!! I wish you well. I'm still waiting to hear from them. I just completed my application on 1/6, so I guess I can't expect too much so soon. How long after submitting your app did you get an invite?
Congrats!! I wish you well. I'm still waiting to hear from them. I just completed my application on 1/6, so I guess I can't expect too much so soon. How long after submitting your app did you get an invite?
I got the email with LECOM portal pin and password stating my secondary app was complete 1/14 and got the invite for the interview 1/22.
Hang in there. I have some applications that I completed in OCT and still waiting to hear from
Last edited:
I got the email with LECOM portal pin and password stating my secondary app was complete 1/14 and got the interview for the interview 1/22.
Hang in there. I have some applications that I completed in OCT and still waiting to hear from
How did you receive the invite? Postal or email?
How did you receive the invite? Postal or email?
I got an e-mail and my portal admissions status changed to ".. you're invited to interview.."
I got an e-mail and my portal admissions status changed to ".. you're invited to interview.."
Thanks alot. I appreciate the info.
Looking for some info. Should I put my name on the roommate list or try to find someone to live with like on this forum? Where is the on-campus housing for the people on the roommate list? Do they automatically put you with someone if you put your name on the list? Is it easier/less expensive to just find your own apartment?
Looking for some info. Should I put my name on the roommate list or try to find someone to live with like on this forum? Where is the on-campus housing for the people on the roommate list? Do they automatically put you with someone if you put your name on the list? Is it easier/less expensive to just find your own apartment?
There is no on campus housing, the roommate list is just a resource to find someone else to live with. There are no automatic roommate assignments. You can put your name on it if you are looking for a roommate to find you or you can call around once the list surfaces. I would highly recommend getting a roommate because it really cuts down on the costs.
Luckily, there are many apartment complexes near LECOM. If you are sure you will be attending I would recommend calling a few places now to get on a list for an apartment. Many current 2nd years will be leaving for rotations and many apartments will open up.
Which were the apartments near the school with garages? Any LECOMers have any details on them?
Which were the apartments near the school with garages? Any LECOMers have any details on them?
Yeah I'm looking for something with a garage...I'm looking to bring my car and my motorcycle up and i would hate to leave them exposed to the weather...of course i could just bring my bike and carpool with a roommate if they have an AWD

1
112258
If you are looking to live with other people, you can rent houses right on Ellsworth (the road that runs next to LECOM) that are cheap ($650), many of them have 1-2 car garages and a fenced in yard if you have kids/dogs. Millcreek Hospital rents them to doctors/LECOM students.
If you are looking to live with other people, you can rent houses right on Ellsworth (the road that runs next to LECOM) that are cheap ($650), many of them have 1-2 car garages and a fenced in yard if you have kids/dogs. Millcreek Hospital rents them to doctors/LECOM students.
That is pretty sweet. I would definitely like a house near campus to rent out.
If you are looking to live with other people, you can rent houses right on Ellsworth (the road that runs next to LECOM) that are cheap ($650), many of them have 1-2 car garages and a fenced in yard if you have kids/dogs. Millcreek Hospital rents them to doctors/LECOM students.
Is that $650/person or flat rate for the house? Do you know by any chance what's included in the rent, utilities/gas, etc..?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are looking to live with other people, you can rent houses right on Ellsworth (the road that runs next to LECOM) that are cheap ($650), many of them have 1-2 car garages and a fenced in yard if you have kids/dogs. Millcreek Hospital rents them to doctors/LECOM students.
What are the places like around Erie that are for single (IE no-roommate) people? Any idea how much they run?
Hey Cagall,
are you interviewing on 1/22 or in March? I'm a bit confused.
are you interviewing on 1/22 or in March? I'm a bit confused.
Hey Cagall,
are you interviewing on 1/22 or in March? I'm a bit confused.
No, i'm interview March 13 (friday the 13th), but if any earlier opening come up i'd love to interview earlier.
I was asked above when I received my invite to interview... 1/22 i received the e-mail for my interview. sorry for the confusion
I have an interview on 02/17th
I interviewed on the 15th and i just checked and saw this:
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.
Very cryptic - anyone want to tell me if this is a good thing or a bad thing??
That is the same status I have on my page now too. I wonder if it will really take a month to get the letter?
That is the same status I have on my page now too. I wonder if it will really take a month to get the letter?
From what I've read on this forum, it usually does not take a month. Mine only took that long because my letter actually got lost in the mail, and they had to resend it. Good luck though! 🙂
From what I've read on this forum, it usually does not take a month. Mine only took that long because my letter actually got lost in the mail, and they had to resend it. Good luck though! 🙂
Yeah, it didn't take a month. I just got the letter this afternoon about an hour after my last post. It was good news too🙂 PBL-Pathway as well!!!
Yeah, it didn't take a month. I just got the letter this afternoon about an hour after my last post. It was good news too🙂 PBL-Pathway as well!!!
Congrats! I'm a fellow PBL-er 🙂
Congrats CBoJackson and Agneswickfield. Are you guys accepted in the PBL program at Erie or Seton Hill?
I live in Erie now and will be attending in the fall.....
there is a ton of housing around school. I think Pastore builders has the ones right next to LECOM and they are building more acros the street...probbly ould be done by the time classes start. Or, try Maleno development or realty? They hve a ton of places and there are some garages. <y friend and his wife lived in them when they first got married. Garages in the basement, decks off the back, etc....all are within five minutes of school
Hope that helps. I have an extra room, but that would mean you would have to put up with the two kids! Not condusive to studying.
Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions. I will help out as best I can.
Good luck.
there is a ton of housing around school. I think Pastore builders has the ones right next to LECOM and they are building more acros the street...probbly ould be done by the time classes start. Or, try Maleno development or realty? They hve a ton of places and there are some garages. <y friend and his wife lived in them when they first got married. Garages in the basement, decks off the back, etc....all are within five minutes of school
Hope that helps. I have an extra room, but that would mean you would have to put up with the two kids! Not condusive to studying.
Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions. I will help out as best I can.
Good luck.
1
112258
Is that $650/person or flat rate for the house? Do you know by any chance what's included in the rent, utilities/gas, etc..?
Its $650 total for a house, an extra $25 a month per pet. And you pay gas and electric in addition.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who do we contact about that? I've never seen any flyers about those houses.Its $650 total for a house, an extra $25 a month per pet. And you pay gas and electric in addition.
Congrats CBoJackson and Agneswickfield. Are you guys accepted in the PBL program at Erie or Seton Hill?
I will be up at Erie. I did the mock PBL exercise after the campus tour and interview and really liked the format.
1
112258
Who do we contact about that? I've never seen any flyers about those houses.
I'll give the # to anyone who PMs me...the guy who gave it to me said they are kinda weird about it...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 226K
- Replies
- 161
- Views
- 42K
- Replies
- 540
- Views
- 144K
- Replies
- 79
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 157
- Views
- 29K