LECOM - Erie Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get any good news today?

Members don't see this ad.

No calls here. Oh well another week down, only 6 to go before all hope is gone!

Members don't see this ad :)
All the hospitals I've picked have free housing. There are hospitals that don't have free housing or housing at all, but it all depends on the hospitals you pick to do your rotations at.
Was it hard to get those hospitals? Once again, I don't really care where I do my rotations, it's all just a housing thing to me.

It varies from year to year based on hospital availability, rotation group, what region you want to rotate in, etc, etc, etc. It's too complicated to go into detail here just know that you can find hospitals that will offer housing for your 3rd year.

It varies from year to year based on hospital availability, rotation group, what region you want to rotate in, etc, etc, etc. It's too complicated to go into detail here just know that you can find hospitals that will offer housing for your 3rd year.
How does 4th year work? Is it much harder? Sorry for all the questions, but the housing situation during my rotation years could make or break my intentions at LECOM. It's a very good school for me besides this point. Thanks for any help!

How does 4th year work? Is it much harder? Sorry for all the questions, but the housing situation during my rotation years could make or break my intentions at LECOM. It's a very good school for me besides this point. Thanks for any help!
Don't worry about housing that will get solved. 4th year works the same as 3rd year except there aren't any exams, just rotations. Rotation selection works the same as it did for 3rd year.

Pick the school you think will give you the best education, housing issues and whatnot can be solved down the road those are trivial compared to finding the right school

Don't worry about housing that will get solved. 4th year works the same as 3rd year except there aren't any exams, just rotations. Rotation selection works the same as it did for 3rd year.

Pick the school you think will give you the best education, housing issues and whatnot can be solved down the road those are trivial compared to finding the right school
Really? Wow, that's honestly great. Thanks for the help, BTW.

OK, thanks! Can any LECOM students comment on the accuracy of the school's COA? It says 54K for first year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know what address do I send my updated transcripts to the admissions committee????

Let me ask, how realistic is the projected COA for the school? Their website says 54K.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any ideas, guesses as to how many spots remain at LECOM, and when they may start making additional offers. In past years have all the students that have recieved the email "Strong possibility you will hear from us by July 1" and provided the matriculation package been accepted?

Thank you

Does anyone have any ideas, guesses as to how many spots remain at LECOM, and when they may start making additional offers. In past years have all the students that have recieved the email "Strong possibility you will hear from us by July 1" and provided the matriculation package been accepted?

Thank you

I know of a few students in my class who literally got the call the week before classes started and one that got the call the day before.

In general, they continue making offers as long as people are dropping out, don't get their paperwork in, etc. It is completely variable (sorry...).

Can anyone comment on LECOM's Summer On Campus Day. Is it intended for accepted students, those on the waitlist or for students who will apply in the near future? What is the breakdown of the day and is it just for students or their families as well?

Thanks

Can anyone comment on LECOM's Summer On Campus Day. Is it intended for accepted students, those on the waitlist or for students who will apply in the near future? What is the breakdown of the day and is it just for students or their families as well?

Thanks
I don't know but you can call the main number at the school and find out

Thanks

Per the website:

LECOM On Campus Day 2010!

Come Learn about a career in Osteopathic Medicine and Pharmacy

On June 25, 2010 LECOM will hold its annual On Campus Day!
Beginning at 1:00 pm and lasting until 5:00 pm

Here is what prospective students can expect:

Tour of Facility
Overview of Osteopathic Medical Program
Overview of Pharmacy Program
Gross Anatomy Lab Presentation
Osteopathic Manipulation Demonstration
Information on Admissions and Financial Aid
Opportunity to meet with current medical students
Pharmacy Compounding Lab Presentation
Contact Thomas Ross at [email protected] to confirm your attendance

RSVP TODAY!

Last edited:
I just received a very kind email from Amy Welker (formerly Mrs. Rowe, I'm assuming) asking if I was interested in a spot at Seton Hill :p

Waitlist movement is still happening guys; don't lose hope!

Can someone who is doing the HCSP currently PM with any insight into the program. Likes, dislikes, anything that might help someone considering it make a decision as to pursue it

Can someone who is doing the HCSP currently PM with any insight into the program. Likes, dislikes, anything that might help someone considering it make a decision as to pursue it
I am in the HPSP program and aside from OBLC training between MS1 and MS 2 and AD rotations during MS III and MSIV you have no obligation to the Military until you graduate but to go to school and pass, after that you can find out more info on the Mil Med page here on SDN.

I am in the HPSP program and aside from OBLC training between MS1 and MS 2 and AD rotations during MS III and MSIV you have no obligation to the Military until you graduate but to go to school and pass, after that you can find out more info on the Mil Med page here on SDN.
Thanks!!!

I just received a very kind email from Amy Welker (formerly Mrs. Rowe, I'm assuming) asking if I was interested in a spot at Seton Hill :p

Waitlist movement is still happening guys; don't lose hope!

Congrats!

When did you interview? and did you send any updates?

I went on March 26th, and honestly had a pretty bad interview (I just blanked...). I sent thank you letters to my interviewers immediately after, and sent 3 letters of interest (about one every 6-7 weeks) to the admissions committee after that. Nothing special in the letters; I just updated the committee on my status and explained why I would do well at LECOM.

I did, however, take on some extra clinical experiences after I got waitlisted so I had different content to include in each of the updates.

What are your stats like, if you don't mind sharing?

I had about a 3.3 GPA in both my bachelors and masters in biomedical engineering (protip: a bme masters is not a gpa booster :( ). My pre med GPA is also around a 3.3. I shadowed both a DO/MD enough to make meaningful comparisons and help tip the balance on deciding of which one to apply. I volunteered in a hospital for about 500 hours....and am I missing any other critical stats? I dunno, I feel that every applicant has so many extra things besides hard stats that its hard to judge if someone would get in or not based on numbers.

If you want specifics, PM me.

I just wanted to let the Wait List group know that I was emailed by Amy Rowe on Monday. I was admitted to ISP at the Erie campus. There is movement! Good luck to all!

Hey felllow waitlisters..just got in off the waitlist for PBL at Erie. So there is a lot of hope..dont worry. Can a current PBL student at Erie PM me? I need a lot of advice regarding housing and fin aid as I am a NJ resident.

Do not lose hope people!!

Hey felllow waitlisters..just got in off the waitlist for PBL at Erie. So there is a lot of hope..dont worry. Can a current PBL student at Erie PM me? I need a lot of advice regarding housing and fin aid as I am a NJ resident.

Do not lose hope people!!
FinAid they will send you a letter

I've lived at Landmark square for two years now and I haven't had a problem

I was placed on the Alternate List after interviewing at LECOM-Erie on April 29th. I chose ISP at Erie. I mailed thank you letters to both of my interviewers. Once I received the approved class size reached/alternate list letter, I faxed back my acceptance with a letter of interest. I then mailed letters of interest to my interviewers. I spoke to Jamie a few times over the phone, and emailed with him as well. He says typically they take 50-150 off the wait list, but he couldn't tell me the size of this years list. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed like everyone else. Good luck to all.:xf:

What is Jamie's email?

Last edited: