-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LECOM - Erie Discussion Thread 2009-2010
Started by swamprat
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No calls here. Oh well another week down, only 6 to go before all hope is gone!
Yep. That is EXACTLY how I feel. =/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here!!!Yep. That is EXACTLY how I feel. =/
Was it hard to get those hospitals? Once again, I don't really care where I do my rotations, it's all just a housing thing to me.All the hospitals I've picked have free housing. There are hospitals that don't have free housing or housing at all, but it all depends on the hospitals you pick to do your rotations at.
It varies from year to year based on hospital availability, rotation group, what region you want to rotate in, etc, etc, etc. It's too complicated to go into detail here just know that you can find hospitals that will offer housing for your 3rd year.
How does 4th year work? Is it much harder? Sorry for all the questions, but the housing situation during my rotation years could make or break my intentions at LECOM. It's a very good school for me besides this point. Thanks for any help!It varies from year to year based on hospital availability, rotation group, what region you want to rotate in, etc, etc, etc. It's too complicated to go into detail here just know that you can find hospitals that will offer housing for your 3rd year.
Don't worry about housing that will get solved. 4th year works the same as 3rd year except there aren't any exams, just rotations. Rotation selection works the same as it did for 3rd year.How does 4th year work? Is it much harder? Sorry for all the questions, but the housing situation during my rotation years could make or break my intentions at LECOM. It's a very good school for me besides this point. Thanks for any help!
Pick the school you think will give you the best education, housing issues and whatnot can be solved down the road those are trivial compared to finding the right school
Really? Wow, that's honestly great. Thanks for the help, BTW.Don't worry about housing that will get solved. 4th year works the same as 3rd year except there aren't any exams, just rotations. Rotation selection works the same as it did for 3rd year.
Pick the school you think will give you the best education, housing issues and whatnot can be solved down the road those are trivial compared to finding the right school
Really? Wow, that's honestly great. Thanks for the help, BTW.
One caveat - there is the ER shelf exam and you have your Step 2 the beginning of 4th year (both parts).
The ER shelf exam has to be taken back at Erie, right?One caveat - there is the ER shelf exam and you have your Step 2 the beginning of 4th year (both parts).
The ER shelf exam has to be taken back at Erie, right?
Nope, you can take (all) the shelf exams in Pittsburgh, Erie, or York,PA. If you are coming from somewhere far away you are given an extra day off of your rotation for travel.
OK, thanks! Can any LECOM students comment on the accuracy of the school's COA? It says 54K for first year.
Nope, you can take (all) the shelf exams in Pittsburgh, Erie, or York,PA. If you are coming from somewhere far away you are given an extra day off of your rotation for travel.
It's not really Pittsburgh, it's at Seaton Hill right?
It's not really Pittsburgh, it's at Seaton Hill right?
Ahh yes, you are correct, Seton Hill.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
See, I'm always right. I don't know why professors don't just use my exam as the master key for class exams. It would save them time bubbling in an answer sheet to use as oneAhh yes, you are correct, Seton Hill.
Just send then to the school,name address you sent everything else toDoes anybody know what address do I send my updated transcripts to the admissions committee????
Let me ask, how realistic is the projected COA for the school? Their website says 54K.
Last edited:
Has there been any waitlist movement at all lately??
Has there been any waitlist movement at all lately??
They haven't contacted me. I'll post again if I hear from them.
Does anyone have any ideas, guesses as to how many spots remain at LECOM, and when they may start making additional offers. In past years have all the students that have recieved the email "Strong possibility you will hear from us by July 1" and provided the matriculation package been accepted?
Thank you
Thank you
Does anyone have any ideas, guesses as to how many spots remain at LECOM, and when they may start making additional offers. In past years have all the students that have recieved the email "Strong possibility you will hear from us by July 1" and provided the matriculation package been accepted?
Thank you
I know of a few students in my class who literally got the call the week before classes started and one that got the call the day before.
In general, they continue making offers as long as people are dropping out, don't get their paperwork in, etc. It is completely variable (sorry...).
Can anyone comment on LECOM's Summer On Campus Day. Is it intended for accepted students, those on the waitlist or for students who will apply in the near future? What is the breakdown of the day and is it just for students or their families as well?
Thanks
Thanks
I don't know but you can call the main number at the school and find outCan anyone comment on LECOM's Summer On Campus Day. Is it intended for accepted students, those on the waitlist or for students who will apply in the near future? What is the breakdown of the day and is it just for students or their families as well?
Thanks
Can anyone comment on LECOM's Summer On Campus Day. Is it intended for accepted students, those on the waitlist or for students who will apply in the near future? What is the breakdown of the day and is it just for students or their families as well?
Thanks
Per the website:
LECOM On Campus Day 2010!
Come Learn about a career in Osteopathic Medicine and Pharmacy
On June 25, 2010 LECOM will hold its annual On Campus Day!
Beginning at 1:00 pm and lasting until 5:00 pm
Here is what prospective students can expect:
Tour of Facility
Overview of Osteopathic Medical Program
Overview of Pharmacy Program
Gross Anatomy Lab Presentation
Osteopathic Manipulation Demonstration
Information on Admissions and Financial Aid
Opportunity to meet with current medical students
Pharmacy Compounding Lab Presentation
Contact Thomas Ross at [email protected] to confirm your attendance
RSVP TODAY!
Last edited:
Hey PianoMan
Still pulling those morning shifts over at MCH? Actually doing something yet?
Not yet, but gas starts monday !!!
Typical, I don't think in the last two years you actually did anything. Skating by like usual, par for the course.Not yet, but gas starts monday !!!
Still working on the side?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This waiting is rough. Thanks for the update. 

Can someone who is doing the HCSP currently PM with any insight into the program. Likes, dislikes, anything that might help someone considering it make a decision as to pursue it
I am in the HPSP program and aside from OBLC training between MS1 and MS 2 and AD rotations during MS III and MSIV you have no obligation to the Military until you graduate but to go to school and pass, after that you can find out more info on the Mil Med page here on SDN.Can someone who is doing the HCSP currently PM with any insight into the program. Likes, dislikes, anything that might help someone considering it make a decision as to pursue it
Thanks!!!I am in the HPSP program and aside from OBLC training between MS1 and MS 2 and AD rotations during MS III and MSIV you have no obligation to the Military until you graduate but to go to school and pass, after that you can find out more info on the Mil Med page here on SDN.
I just received a very kind email from Amy Welker (formerly Mrs. Rowe, I'm assuming) asking if I was interested in a spot at Seton Hill 😛
Waitlist movement is still happening guys; don't lose hope!
Congrats!
When did you interview? and did you send any updates?
I went on March 26th, and honestly had a pretty bad interview (I just blanked...). I sent thank you letters to my interviewers immediately after, and sent 3 letters of interest (about one every 6-7 weeks) to the admissions committee after that. Nothing special in the letters; I just updated the committee on my status and explained why I would do well at LECOM.
I did, however, take on some extra clinical experiences after I got waitlisted so I had different content to include in each of the updates.
I did, however, take on some extra clinical experiences after I got waitlisted so I had different content to include in each of the updates.
5'7"What are your stats like, if you don't mind sharing?
Brown Hair
Brown Eyes
Age 25-35
Leo
Average build
😛
5'7"
Brown Hair
Brown Eyes
Age 25-35
Leo
Average build
😛
TOTALLY my type 😉
I had about a 3.3 GPA in both my bachelors and masters in biomedical engineering (protip: a bme masters is not a gpa booster 🙁 ). My pre med GPA is also around a 3.3. I shadowed both a DO/MD enough to make meaningful comparisons and help tip the balance on deciding of which one to apply. I volunteered in a hospital for about 500 hours....and am I missing any other critical stats? I dunno, I feel that every applicant has so many extra things besides hard stats that its hard to judge if someone would get in or not based on numbers.
If you want specifics, PM me.
If you want specifics, PM me.
I just wanted to let the Wait List group know that I was emailed by Amy Rowe on Monday. I was admitted to ISP at the Erie campus. There is movement! Good luck to all!
Nice, welcome to erie.I just wanted to let the Wait List group know that I was emailed by Amy Rowe on Monday. I was admitted to ISP at the Erie campus. There is movement! Good luck to all!
If you are looking for a place to live, LandMark Square is not a bad deal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FinAid they will send you a letterHey felllow waitlisters..just got in off the waitlist for PBL at Erie. So there is a lot of hope..dont worry. Can a current PBL student at Erie PM me? I need a lot of advice regarding housing and fin aid as I am a NJ resident.
Do not lose hope people!!
I've lived at Landmark square for two years now and I haven't had a problem
I was placed on the Alternate List after interviewing at LECOM-Erie on April 29th. I chose ISP at Erie. I mailed thank you letters to both of my interviewers. Once I received the approved class size reached/alternate list letter, I faxed back my acceptance with a letter of interest. I then mailed letters of interest to my interviewers. I spoke to Jamie a few times over the phone, and emailed with him as well. He says typically they take 50-150 off the wait list, but he couldn't tell me the size of this years list. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed like everyone else. Good luck to all.![]()
What is Jamie's email?
Thanks...except I don't know his last name & title. I tried looking through my stuff and the website but didn't find it. 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 226K
- Replies
- 161
- Views
- 42K
- Replies
- 540
- Views
- 144K
- Replies
- 79
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 157
- Views
- 29K