-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LECOM-Erie Discussion Thread 2010-2011
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interview invites sent out via email.
Mine is July 16th 😱
Who will be joining me😀
Mine is July 16th 😱
Who will be joining me😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an interview invite via email. Suddenly I feel a bit nervous![]()
Could be the fact that its in two weeks 😱😱
I can't believe how quickly everything is moving!
Wow, when were you complete HockeyDr?
Wow, when were you complete HockeyDr?
AACOMAS: Verified June 1st and Released June 6th
Secondary: Complete June 10th
Interview Invite: June 29th
Interview Date: July 16th
Can't wait!
I will be there on 7/16, too! 😀 Just got the email with the date!
I will also be there July 16!
I knew when I saw I had an interview invite that it would either be the same day as my wedding or bachelor party. The latter has come true.
Better change that flight ASAP....
I knew when I saw I had an interview invite that it would either be the same day as my wedding or bachelor party. The latter has come true.
Better change that flight ASAP....
anyone know what days the adcoms usually review applications? thanx!
According to some posts in last year's thread, Wednesday was the only day the adcom meets.
"Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."
Does anyone who has received an interview know how long that status was up until an interview was granted?
Does anyone who has received an interview know how long that status was up until an interview was granted?
For everyone interviewing on the 16th, how will you be preparing??
Reviewing my PS and AACOMAS applications first + foremost to make sure I can explain in detail anything and everything on there.
Reviewing the different learning pathways and options available at LECOM's campuses.
Lots of introspection and reflection on why and how I got here and what I'm going to do in case of yes/no/maybe.
To everyone else; make sure you mention LECOM when booking the hotels. It's a significant discount.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."
Does anyone who has received an interview know how long that status was up until an interview was granted?
I'd like to know this is as well. NMR, are all your classes finished? I'm wondering if this is a pre-interview hold because I know I still have to fulfill my behavioral reqs.
I haven't been f5ing my status page like a madman so I could be wrong, but I do not recall seeing that message at all. It just said I was selected for an interview. I submitted the first day the application was available."Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."
Does anyone who has received an interview know how long that status was up until an interview was granted?
I had that message on my status before it changed to the interview one on my LECOM-B app. I wouldn't worry about what it means too much.
To everyone else; make sure you mention LECOM when booking the hotels. It's a significant discount.
Excellent advice. Too bad I'm still under review and have been since day 1.
Good luck on interviews, everyone.
My letters are mailed in and my interview date is confirmed. Now it's a waiting game.

Good luck, hockey!
Good luck, hockey!
Thanks for the
. I will be sure to let everyone know how it goes! (Maybe i'll put in a good word to the ADCOMs for the usernames I like
)I'd like to know this is as well. NMR, are all your classes finished? I'm wondering if this is a pre-interview hold because I know I still have to fulfill my behavioral reqs.
All my requirements are listed as met but the LECOM-B status still has that message. The LECOM Erie status went straight to "under review" this morning without any status messages between that and "you supplemental application has been received." Kind of odd, I submitted both secondaries the day I got them (both on 6/24, AACOMAS verified 6/16) and I thought Bradenton was usually a little faster. Time to start checking the Erie status constantly.....
Maybe i'll put in a good word to the ADCOMs for the usernames I like)
😍PeachyPhD😍
got an interview for 8/13 my status earlier today was under review but I just got the email
I have 6 behavioral science credits that aren't met. Did anyone here with an interview invite has unmet requirements as well?
I mean, some people apply as undergraduate juniors right? So, they probably have a bunch of requirements that aren't met.
I mean, some people apply as undergraduate juniors right? So, they probably have a bunch of requirements that aren't met.
interview 7/16 for me as well....just got SO nervous realizing how real this is...🙂
Mine switched from "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." to "Your application is under review" today! Hoping it's good news 🙂
Mine too!

I have 6 behavioral science credits that aren't met. Did anyone here with an interview invite has unmet requirements as well?
I mean, some people apply as undergraduate juniors right? So, they probably have a bunch of requirements that aren't met.
Well if you think that you have classes that fit that requirement, email them. I emailed them earlier today because my portal said I had only met 4 of the 6 required behavioral science credits and I was pretty sure my anthrobio class (cross-listed as a psych course) counted. They changed my requirement to satisfied after they talked to the admissions director about it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how long/how much $ you would have to throw LECOM's way if you were accepted? Lets say, in a wonderfully perfect world, I get accepted in early August after my interview on 7/16. I still haven't got secondaries from 6 of the 8 schools I applied to! I would love to go to LECOM, but i definitely don't want to be committing somewhere so early in the game!
Am I missing something? It almost seems like a disadvantage to be interviewing here waaaaay before you interview anywhere else?! Or maybe I won't get any other interviews and this is a ridiculous thing to worry about?!?!
Any thoughts?
Am I missing something? It almost seems like a disadvantage to be interviewing here waaaaay before you interview anywhere else?! Or maybe I won't get any other interviews and this is a ridiculous thing to worry about?!?!
Any thoughts?
Does anyone know how long/how much $ you would have to throw LECOM's way if you were accepted? Lets say, in a wonderfully perfect world, I get accepted in early August after my interview on 7/16. I still haven't got secondaries from 6 of the 8 schools I applied to! I would love to go to LECOM, but i definitely don't want to be committing somewhere so early in the game!
Am I missing something? It almost seems like a disadvantage to be interviewing here waaaaay before you interview anywhere else?! Or maybe I won't get any other interviews and this is a ridiculous thing to worry about?!?!
Any thoughts?
i was wondering the same thing. i believe we can place a deposit to hold our seat right? but for how long will it last?
Does anyone know how long/how much $ you would have to throw LECOM's way if you were accepted? Lets say, in a wonderfully perfect world, I get accepted in early August after my interview on 7/16. I still haven't got secondaries from 6 of the 8 schools I applied to! I would love to go to LECOM, but i definitely don't want to be committing somewhere so early in the game!
Am I missing something? It almost seems like a disadvantage to be interviewing here waaaaay before you interview anywhere else?! Or maybe I won't get any other interviews and this is a ridiculous thing to worry about?!?!
Any thoughts?
from last years thread it looks like 30 days from the day they sign the letter.
i was wondering the same thing. i believe we can place a deposit to hold our seat right? but for how long will it last?
From what I have read it's $1500 non-refundable and you have 30 days from your acceptance to send in the cash.
Well if you think that you have classes that fit that requirement, email them. I emailed them earlier today because my portal said I had only met 4 of the 6 required behavioral science credits and I was pretty sure my anthrobio class (cross-listed as a psych course) counted. They changed my requirement to satisfied after they talked to the admissions director about it.
I don't think I have anything that can be re-classified into behavioral sciences.
Im just wondering if it this will somehow delay my application?
I am under the impression that many juniors apply and get accepted, so, apparently we don't have to have the requirements met to apply and be interviewed and accepted/rejected (as I'm sure many juniors have bunch of requirements that aren't met).
From what I have read it's $1500 non-refundable and you have 30 days from your acceptance to send in the cash.
man, that's a lot of money. maybe i should stop my wishful for an early interview.

this process is already such a rollercoaster and it's only just started.
If I am unable to make my interview day/time does it look really bad to request a new one? Will it make my interview delay by just a week or so, or will it be longer?
man, that's a lot of money. maybe i should stop my wishful for an early interview.
this process is already such a rollercoaster and it's only just started.
BlameItOnTheOH said:Am I missing something? It almost seems like a disadvantage to be interviewing here waaaaay before you interview anywhere else?! Or maybe I won't get any other interviews and this is a ridiculous thing to worry about?!?!
Any thoughts?
Truthfully, a lot of people were upset on last year's thread because LECOM was requiring a $1500 non refundable deposit within 30 days of acceptance, even those accepted really early. Last year, at least, LECOM was not going with the normal AACOMAS guidelines and apparently, DO schools don't have to follow the AACOMAS guidelines the way MD schools have to adhere to AMCAS traffic rules.
For myself, LECOM is my first choice school. Honestly, if I get accepted early I am just going to LECOM and I will be happy to pay my $1500 and not apply anywhere else and save money. I spent enough money last year on this process. 🙁
So, yes, it could be kind of a bad thing if you are accepted early here and want to keep options open. $1500 is a lot of money.
Truthfully, a lot of people were upset on last year's thread because LECOM was requiring a $1500 non refundable deposit within 30 days of acceptance, even those accepted really early. Last year, at least, LECOM was not going with the normal AACOMAS guidelines and apparently, DO schools don't have to follow the AACOMAS guidelines the way MD schools have to adhere to AMCAS traffic rules.
For myself, LECOM is my first choice school. Honestly, if I get accepted early I am just going to LECOM and I will be happy to pay my $1500 and not apply anywhere else and save money. I spent enough money last year on this process. 🙁
So, yes, it could be kind of a bad thing if you are accepted early here and want to keep options open. $1500 is a lot of money.
It is a lot of money, but, if accepted I would be willing to pay the amount right away. Question is: How do we have to pay for it? Cash? Due to the last year's application cycle expenses, I am kinda broke and do not have this amount of money handy. Is there any other way we can pay for it or waive it? Anybody knows how this works?
Truthfully, a lot of people were upset on last year's thread because LECOM was requiring a $1500 non refundable deposit within 30 days of acceptance, even those accepted really early. Last year, at least, LECOM was not going with the normal AACOMAS guidelines and apparently, DO schools don't have to follow the AACOMAS guidelines the way MD schools have to adhere to AMCAS traffic rules.
For myself, LECOM is my first choice school. Honestly, if I get accepted early I am just going to LECOM and I will be happy to pay my $1500 and not apply anywhere else and save money. I spent enough money last year on this process. 🙁
So, yes, it could be kind of a bad thing if you are accepted early here and want to keep options open. $1500 is a lot of money.
I am completely with you on this one, if I get in, I find a way to pay the $1500 and be extremely happy and leave it at that. I just got lucky that my first choice is the one that asked me for an interview so early. I can see why some people would get upset having to make the decision so early however. It seems like LECOM notifies within two weeks of the interview. Imagine knowing you're in BEFORE AUGUST 😱, what an amazing feeling that would be.
I asked and it didn't seem to be a problem. They just wrote me back with another time. It was a month later though so I am going to pass on previous obligations and make it in July.If I am unable to make my interview day/time does it look really bad to request a new one? Will it make my interview delay by just a week or so, or will it be longer?
If I am unable to make my interview day/time does it look really bad to request a new one? Will it make my interview delay by just a week or so, or will it be longer?
I had to reschedule my LECOM interview because it fell on the same day as a college final that I could not take on a different date, and I actually ended up getting an even earlier date (which never hurts). It's not going to look bad if you have a good reason (and they said same date as final is good reason)
i'll be there the 16th too! so excited. although i am kinda nervous about the 30 days to decide and nonrefundable down payment cuz its so early in the cycle. can't complain about an interview though!
we don't need to have our lor's in before the interview correct?
It seems like LECOM notifies within two weeks of the interview. Imagine knowing you're in BEFORE AUGUST 😱, what an amazing feeling that would be.
In the CIB LECOM says the earliest notification date is 8/2. I agree, it would be great to have an acceptance this early, especially at your top choice school!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
we don't need to have our lor's in before the interview correct?
My interview invite email had this towards the end:
Please make certain all supporting documents (letters of recommendation from your college or university and MCAT scores) have been received in the Office of Admissions prior to the date of the interview.
So, your science or committee letters apparently need to be in before your interview. Oddly, the DO letter isn't due until after you are accepted, though. I think it's odd but maybe I just haven't applied to enough DO schools yet. 🙂
well **** i hope my committee contacts me soon... i turned my stuff in at the beginning of may.
Anyone that interviewed last year care to comment on the length? The email said 8-1. I just want to make sure I will be able to make my flight home.
If you look at the SDN feedback, in previous years there was an optional PBL session from 1-2 PM. The email says the day ends at 1 PM and several people in previous years expressed frustration that they did not know about this optional session and that they had to leave to catch their flight and could not stay for it. I don't know if they are doing that this year, but I am planning on being there until 2 PM because I definitely am interested in the PBL track.
In the CIB LECOM says the earliest notification date is 8/2. I agree, it would be great to have an acceptance this early, especially at your top choice school!![]()
The CIB also says they START interviewing in OCTOBER
. I'm just curious about the interview format, are we going to be in groups, or individual. Will be open or closed file. It seems like last year they did a combination of everything
. I'm trying to figure out how to prepare!Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 226K
- Replies
- 161
- Views
- 42K
- Replies
- 540
- Views
- 144K
- Replies
- 79
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 157
- Views
- 29K