LECOM-Erie Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
aw padunty gluck!!! when did u interview? I interviewed on March 15th.

Members don't see this ad.

aw padunty gluck!!! when did u interview? I interviewed on March 15th.

Thanks Cutievans!!!

To be honest I check this thread 90% of the time to see if you have gotten in!!! ... so good luck to you!

I interviewed on March 30th. Knowing my luck though its probably just a rejection letter from LECOM-Bradenton and my gf read the envelope wrong! lol

But I guess I can always hope that its a 2-3 page acceptance from LECOM-erie.... only 1.5 more hours until I get to open up that dang thing!

opened the letter today and i'm on the waitlist at LECOM. The letter was dated April 6th and I interviewed on March 30th... so my turnaround was like a week.

I'm really bummed ... At my interview they said they hardly put people on the waitlist; that they usually just accept or reject. To me that means that they really don't use their waitlist if they hardly put anyone on it...

Anyways ... I'll be writing a letter of intent to send to them tomorrow. Anyone know waitlist stats (like how often they've used it in the past)? I only see a handful of SDN people on their waitlist.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting!!! ... hope its better news than mine!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting to wonder if anyone has gotten a rejection letter? I know some schools hold rejection letters until the end and then mail them out all at once; though I thought that was only used at allopathic schoos. :confused:

I suggest you give them a call once again. I got my acceptance last thursday, and the matriculation fee is due tomorrow. It is possible that your letter is still on the way or something, and if you have been accepted (hopefully) you don't wanna miss the deposit deadline.

at_hashmi, may I ask where you live and what the date on the letter was?

And Padunty, where do you live?

How about you cutievans?

wait now I am confused padaunty. U interviewed on March 30th at Lecom-B or LECOM-Erie. Don't be bummed, waitlist is always better than a rejection. I am from TX robin

wait now I am confused padaunty. U interviewed on March 30th at Lecom-B or LECOM-Erie. Don't be bummed, waitlist is always better than a rejection. I am from TX robin

Certainly! Especially if they don't waitlist very many people. :thumbup:

Certainly! Especially if they don't waitlist very many people. :thumbup:

I live in Baltimore, MD. My interview was March 30th and the letter was dated April 6th. The letter was postmarked April 10th but was sent to my old address and was finally forwarded to my new address (by the post office) on April 17th.

I interviewed at LECOM-Erie ... I was just making a joke about the letter actually being a rejection letter from Bradenton (sorry for any confusion!!!).

Not really complaining about being on the waitlist (I agree that its better than a rejection) ... just worried that they said they don't put too many people on the waitlist. If they haven't used the waitlist much in the past I would ASSUME that they accept quite a bit more people than their class size. Just my thoughts and assumptions, that's all ...

I'm going to call Admissions tomorrow to ask how their waitlist works and past movement stats of the list. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed (for myself and everyone else who hasn't heard).

Ok ... just wanted to share some information I received today with everyone.

I talked to LECOM-Erie Admissions and they said they do rank their waitlist but you cannot find out your rank. They pull people off the waitlist every year but of course it varies from year to year. They are running interviews through May and wouldn't tell me how full the class was or how many people are currently on the waitlist.

Hope this helps some people. Best of luck to everyone still waiting and let us know when you find out!!!

man that sucks, if they wouldda told u, u wouldda atleast known ur chances of getting in. o well, its ok, we are all in the wait together!!! in the end everything turns out for the best :)

For anyone who is still waiting to hear from LECOM...I called them today and they said they will be sending out another batch of letters at the end of this week or the beginning on next week.

I called them today too, she said I should have something in a few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think i am gonna start reapplyin for 08 guys. LECOM-Erie doesnt have early acceptance for next year like some other schools do right?

I think i am gonna start reapplyin for 08 guys. LECOM-Erie doesnt have early acceptance for next year like some other schools do right?

Have you been waitlisted elsewhere?

:( Sorry Cutievans, keep your fingers crossed, hopefully you'll hear good news in the upcoming months.:luck: :luck:

I think you should wait a little longer. I was on the alternate list last year and got in on May 22. I know some people that got in during the month of July. Good luck!

well I am not ruling it out, but I am not gonna sit here and wait to heat back to start the process over again, I am planning on getting my stuff together once school's off, and while I am doing that if I get off the waitlist anywhere then we'll see.

I just got waitlisted as well. Does anyone know how many typically get waitlisted (I know, I remember them saying they don't usually waitlist too..) and how many they tend to pull off it?

Also, do you remember how the waitlist works - I mean as far as program choice? I thought he said we just get put into whichever one has openings... but I don't remember!

This is my first choice school so I'm dying for answers!! Thanks in advance.

I got waitlisted too. I received the letter the 25th, and interviewed there on the 16th. Anyways, I interviewed at Bradenton the week before and I'm still waiting to hear. They called me today and asked if I was still interested in admission. Any idea what thats all about?

They said "we were wondering if you're still interested in admission" to which I said Absolutely. Then they said "the admission committee will try and have a decision for you shortly". Kinda strange in my opinion. I wish I knew what that was all about.

Sounds to me like you will be accepted! That's all I can make out of that scenario. Best of luck!

Sounds to me like you will be accepted! That's all I can make out of that scenario. Best of luck!

It seems like everyone is getting waitlisted. Do you think they filled their class? I'm STILL waiting to hear from them. When I called them, they said "The adcom has reached a decision about your application. You should hear from us in a few days." Does that mean they're still handing out acceptances?

It seems like everyone is getting waitlisted. Do you think they filled their class? I'm STILL waiting to hear from them. When I called them, they said "The adcom has reached a decision about your application. You should hear from us in a few days." Does that mean they're still handing out acceptances?

They are not implying anything, they are just saying you will get your letter in the mail in a few days. It may say you are an alternate, accpeted or rejected. If you call, they will tell you whether or not the class is full.

They are not implying anything, they are just saying you will get your letter in the mail in a few days. It may say you are an alternate, accpeted or rejected. If you call, they will tell you whether or not the class is full.

ok thanks. i didnt mean i got an acceptance...i was just wondering if they were even considering people for acceptances anymore or if they were just waitlisting everyone. but they didnt mention that the class was full, so ill keep my fingers crossed!

ok thanks. i didnt mean i got an acceptance...i was just wondering if they were even considering people for acceptances anymore or if they were just waitlisting everyone. but they didnt mention that the class was full, so ill keep my fingers crossed!

I heard they were giving acceptances through May. G'luck :luck:

robin ... from whom?

I have a friend that just interviewed and was told (while interviewing) that they would be offering acceptances through May before they would start pulling off the alternate list.

I have a friend that just interviewed and was told (while interviewing) that they would be offering acceptances through May before they would start pulling off the alternate list.

Uh oh, doesn't sound too good for me. Thanks for the info robin!

ugh I got waitlisted too, and when I called, they didn't give any info about when we'd be hearing. Anyone heard any rumors about how many are on the alternate list? Good luck everyone!

I called and talked to them recently. The person I spoke to was very nice but said they don't know how many are or will be on the waitlist - I don't know if they literally don't know or just don't want to tell, I would assume someone must know - and in previous years it has been really variable as far as how many have been on the waitlist. I also asked how many they typically pull off the waitlist, and I was told again that this varies quite a bit so they couldn't give me an estimate.

It looks like we will just have to wait it out...! Anyone know how they will notify us if we get pulled off? Everything has been by mail so far so I'm wondering if it would still be snail mail or if we would get a phone call.

when I called they said they'd mail me and try to call me if i get pulled off the waitlist. So is everyone getting waitlisted then, had anyone gotten a rejection lately?

no rejections, i've been waitlisted at 3 schools though which is sooo frustrating!!

i just got waitlisted at lecom too. i think at this point theyre not handing out acceptances. gah it's so frustrating because i had my app complete in january and then they LOST it and it took until march to straighten it out. does anyone know if lecom accepts update letters/LOIs?

They call you to let you know that you've been pulled off the waitlist.

I think you should wait a little longer. I was on the alternate list last year and got in on May 22. I know some people that got in during the month of July. Good luck!
when did you interview last year DnB6? does anyone know if they take ppl of the waitlist based on when they interviewed or if they are on a high or low waitlist? if they have one that is.

Commander Riker here.

This was a tough place for me to interview at. On the day I arrived from the airport, my luggage was lost. I had to hurry and borrow a suit from the hotel I stayed at. They were nice enough to lend me one.

Well, I don't know much about it because they won't tell me much ;) I don't think they have a high/low waitlist, and I'm not sure if when you interviewed has much to do with it... I would assume that it would if you had similar stats to someone who interviewed earlier or something.

I was told they would look at your gpa, mcat, experiences, and what the interviewers said about you when determining your place on the waitlist.

The good news is that when I called last week, they said "We use our waitlist a lot." But, I would love to know what is meant by a lot!! I also asked if I could find out where I was on the waitlist or if I would be able to do so later in the month and I was told no. But, I might try asking that again in June and seeing if I get the same response!

when did you interview last year DnB6? does anyone know if they take ppl of the waitlist based on when they interviewed or if they are on a high or low waitlist? if they have one that is.

I was interviewed on March 24th last year, found out I was on the alternate list on May 18th, and was then accepted on May 22nd.

I was interviewed on March 24th last year, found out I was on the alternate list on May 18th, and was then accepted on May 22nd.
May 18th to 22nd, that's like 4 days, nice. anyone hear back yet?

Nothing here. I submitted a letter of intent with my alternate list sheet. I called a couple days after that to ask some questions and to confirm that they received my letter.

I was thinking about calling them again tomorrow ... but I'm not sure what to ask. Last time they were very tight-lipped about how their waitlist works, how many people are on it and when it would move.

Let us know if anyone talks to them!

People that are in my class this year (2010) are saying that they were accepted up until a few days prior to the start of classes. So, hold out hope.
Based on what I saw last year, I can guess that people are getting wait listed because the LECOM adcoms are waiting to see what people who have been given acceptances are going to do (accept or go elsewhere).
My one friend was waitlisted at another school where her boyfriend was and accepted at LECOM. She was a LECOM student for 3 days before being admitted at the other school, so hold out hope, it can happen...but also be a realist and get ready to reapply if that's what you'll have to do. I had my application in the very first day that I could, and I think that made all the difference for me because I was interview very early everywhere.
:D If you get into LECOM at the last minute you can sleep in my livingroom on a futon until you find a place, I'm poor and could use the extra cash. :D

I am now amoung you as a waitlister. I never ventured to student doctor because I was too busy elsewhere, but it's good to be amoung you. It looks like I have one tidbit that might be usedful. I interviewed on May 3rd, ad they said they had 2 more session of interviews the next week and maybe a third. I really enjoyed the school and the area, and it's where I'd like to go, but I'll have to wait like the rest

Amy Welker, the admin person I knew best from my visit, told me on one phone call before I had even interviewed that they used apx 30% of their waitlist yearly, so there still is a good chance. I just got my waitlist letter today. I called a back looking for more info and perhaps some sort of somethign I can do, perhaps a letter of intent, as I really, really want to go there.

She also told me in April they still had slots open, but I haven't seen here anyone getting accepted who was interviewed after April 1, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, good luck All, I hope to see you there.