LECOM-Erie Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I took a job too, and got a new apartment since I just graduated from college. But with the apartment, I have a 30 day cancellation policy - just FYI, incase you are concerned about going into a lease and breaking it! I highly recommend this... My move-in day is July 1; I was told by Amy the last day we would hear from them is July 28th. So, if I hear from them anytime in July I can cancel my lease with no penalty/fee! Lots of apartments are offering this, so ask about it!

You can't put your life on a waitlist too, it's no fun not knowing what's going to happen in the future but there's nothing we can do about it! Just make plans and then change them if you get in!!

Good luck to us all :)

Members don't see this ad.

thanks alek, I understand what you saying. its just confusing. for your job did you move to another state or was it local, just wondering. I hope we all get in, i know that we have all worked extremely hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was local, I had to move about 45minutes away, so not too far. I looked out of state too because I'm tired of California, but I got offered a good job here.

I really like my new job. I still want to be a doctor more than anything, but since I just graduated I wouldn't mind a little "break" before starting school again.

Keep us posted everyone... I hope the waitlist is still moving...!

hey keith or tc, did you guys the acceptance letter yet? How long do you think it takes? and medcrazy, i never wrote a letter of intent for lecom, but im sure it helps, and def wont hurt.

I got my acceptance letter today. I was called Last Friday and it was mailed monday.

Totally write a letter of intent. It goes in your file. Do it.

keith that is fantastic! congrats. Hopefully we will join you soon. Should I also include a updated transcript and letters of rec?

alek what is your job? just wondering.

I would go ahead and send both things, it can only help (asuming you made good grades)! I'll sent you a PM about the job stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
hahahahah I shouldda said something more than Amy rocks. hehe no she did NOT tell me I got in. she just tries her best to help out which is why she rocks. I called her and she looked at my file and all and said that my problem seems to be timing, other than that the file looks fine. still waiting, keep prayin everyone :)

hahahahah I shouldda said something more than Amy rocks. hehe no she did NOT tell me I got in. she just tries her best to help out which is why she rocks. I called her and she looked at my file and all and said that my problem seems to be timing, other than that the file looks fine. still waiting, keep prayin everyone :)

She's absolutely right. When we're waitlisted it is timing, we would be in if they had the slots. So apply early and find out early, and you're only a year behind. She told me the same thing, but then a week or two later I was in.

She does rock.

Well, I guess we all have a problem with timing then! That's why my app. is already in for 2008... this time timing is NOT going to be my problem! :)

Well, I guess we all have a problem with timing then! That's why my app. is already in for 2008... this time timing is NOT going to be my problem! :)

Absolutely. Especially if you were waitlisted this year(I can't remember if you were). It's rather heartening, isn't it, that you're that close and next year you'll be that much closer?

Hey guys, I have a question. Does your waitlist letter say that you are "waitlisted" or an "alternate"? Im trying to figure out if there are two different lists or if it is the same thing. Thanks. :)

Yep, I was waitlisted this year, I'm probably pretty low on the waitlist but I'm hanging in there and already ready for the next round!!

Mine said alternate too, there is just one waitlist- they don't seperate it into high and low or alternate list vs waitlist, it's all the same! It's just easier to type waitlist.

For those of you recently accepted from the waitlist, are you automatically put in the LBP, and what pathway did you put as your first choice?

Hey guys, I have a question. Does your waitlist letter say that you are "waitlisted" or an "alternate"? Im trying to figure out if there are two different lists or if it is the same thing. Thanks. :)
yep I believe there is only one waitlist.

For those of you recently accepted from the waitlist, are you automatically put in the LBP, and what pathway did you put as your first choice?

PBL was my top choice, but I got lecture. PBL has been filled. I think the different pathways are first come, first served, but I'm not sure.

PBL was my top choice, but I got lecture. PBL has been filled. I think the different pathways are first come, first served, but I'm not sure.

Thanks, PBL was my first choice as well, but I would take anything at this point!

yep I believe there is only one waitlist.

To my knowledge, there are two types of lists. Thats why I asked you guys to check your letters, just to confirm. Perhaps they dont differentiate on the letters.

To my knowledge, there are two types of lists. Thats why I asked you guys to check your letters, just to confirm. Perhaps they dont differentiate on the letters.

What makes you think there are two? Like I said, I was told I am an alternate as well on my letter. When I spoke to Amy, she said there was only one type of waitlist; they don't seperate the list at all. That's why I'm wondering who told you something different, b/c if there are two and I'm an alternate, it sounds like I have a better chance!

Thanks, PBL was my first choice as well, but I would take anything at this point!

That's what I was thinking! Much better to get LDP than another trip through AACOMAS. :)

I'm pretty sure there's only one alternate list. The LECOM "waitlist," I believe, is a creation of SDN'ers (myself included) too lazy to type out "alternate list."

Hi ya'll. So I was wondering if any of you who have been taken off the waitlist mind sharing your stats, so it gives us an idea about our position on the waitlist. Did I post this question once already, don't rmr. Thanks, I appreciate it :)

Hi ya'll. So I was wondering if any of you who have been taken off the waitlist mind sharing your stats, so it gives us an idea about our position on the waitlist. Did I post this question once already, don't rmr. Thanks, I appreciate it :)

I would try PM'ing them, they may not check this as often now that they are in but a PM will get their attn. A couple of them shared their stats with me, but I'm not going to repeat anything incase they don't want their info made public!

I would try PM'ing them, they may not check this as often now that they are in but a PM will get their attn. A couple of them shared their stats with me, but I'm not going to repeat anything incase they don't want their info made public!
got it :)

hey guys!

I wish you all good luck with getting in!

If anyone who does get in is interested, I have a 2 bedroom 1.5 bathroom townhouse that im in need of a roommate for.

Its in the Lakeview apartments which is about 3 minutes from campus!

The rent would be $360+utitlities per month.

Its spacious, vaulted ceilings, deck, garage, plenty of storage!

A little about me: I am a 23 year old male from New York going into my 1st year of LECOM medical program. I am easy-going, neat, enjoys sports, etc.

Feel free to PM me if you want more details or email me at [email protected]

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

Do you guys think the waitlist will move much throughout the month of July or just before orientation? What have you all heard from admissions?

Hi everyone,

Do you guys think the waitlist will move much throughout the month of July or just before orientation? What have you all heard from admissions?
I e-mailed amy about a week back, asked if there's been any waitlist movement, she said some but not much.

I hope all of you left on the waitlist are already writing up your next years applications! The sooner the better. You could know by Dec that you're in next year.

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

This is purely anecdotal, but one of my brother's friends got into lecom the day before classes started. There is still hope. :luck:

it july already, keepin my fingers crossed and hoping for more movement. this year has been slow for some reason as far as waitlists go, yes?

Please re-direct me, I NEED A ROOMATE!!! for LECOM-ERIE

anyone, anything??? littlemole I think there's a thread on LECOM 2007 Acceptances, that might have some housin info from what I read somwhere :)

From what I was told, the waitlist movement has been slow this year, but there are still roughly three more weeks and "they are still going." I know of people getting in recently, but it seems like the couple of days before orientation is when we should anticipate to hear anything.

yeah i called today and they said that no one withdrew last week.

Hand in there gang! There is hope! We have 2 more weeks.

:( sTILL LOOKING FOR A ROOMATE,
Patty

Did you get the list of people looking for room mates? Maybe you could call student affairs and let them know your situation. Perhaps others have called them for a similar reason, and they could connect you.

my dad dreamt that I got in, along with two other people, people pray that his dream comes true!!! pls!!!!!!!!

I've had about a hundred of those dreams, but they never came true. :laugh: .....:(