LECOM-Erie Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on May 3rd, ad they said they had 2 more session of interviews the next week and maybe a third.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that April 30th was their last interview day. If they've opened up more interviews, then the waitlist must be a shortlist, or they're going through it more quickly than they expected. Thoughts, anyone?

Anyway, good luck All, I hope to see you there.

And I hope to see you there, too! (I'm currently waitlisted...)

Members don't see this ad.

hey, im on the alternate list as well. i have question. is there a waitlist and an alternate list or is there just the alternate list? cause some schools have have both an alternate and a waitlist.

hey, im on the alternate list as well. i have question. is there a waitlist and an alternate list or is there just the alternate list? cause some schools have have both an alternate and a waitlist.

Touro called it a Waitlist, LECOM specifically said "alternate" I didn't know there could be a difference.

I sent in my form today via email with a letter of intent. LECOM is my first choice, and I'd really like to be there. If I hear anything, because I"m going to try and talk to the admissions dept again, I'll let you all know!

One tip I did get, I asked Amy if it was worth sending in more LOR, because I had a ton for my state school that were(I think), really good. So, She said it couldn't hurt. I sent them right away. Maybe it helped me get my alt slot? I don't know, but it couldn't hurt, when they only want 3, they now have 6 from me.

Good luck gang!

Members don't see this ad :)
Amy is so nice, I think most would agree, she really tries to do the best she can answering our questions.

Amy is so nice, I think most would agree, she really tries to do the best she can answering our questions.

Can someone ask her if we will definitely get accepted ... especially cutievans and padunty?!?!? lol

Can someone ask her if we will definitely get accepted ... especially cutievans and padunty?!?!? lol

Man do i wish! I just send in a letter of Intent and my acceptance of an alternate slot. I would do anything to get in there. It's my first choice. All I can do now is get ready to reapply in 2 weeks and have everything in pronto!

I could live with that, and if I got accepted, move to Erie early for next year. Maybe even get into the PCSP 3 year program.

Good luck everyone!

LECOM has an "alternate list." "Waitlist" is just easier to say/type.

What about me??? ;)
hahahah k I only amy or someone else would tell us if we will definitely get in. I called today and talked to susan, she said july 27th is when they would tell us by for sure, but nothin on what position we are at. lets see anyone considerin their postbacc program?

hahahah k I only amy or someone else would tell us if we will definitely get in. I called today and talked to susan, she said july 27th is when they would tell us by for sure, but nothin on what position we are at. lets see anyone considerin their postbacc program?

July 27th?!?!? lol ... isn't the first day the 28th? ... if so that's a pretty funny/sarcastic answer from Susan ... haha ... oh LECOM and their sense of humor.

Any yes tcamdg, you can come too .... :D

she said they'd let us know by the start of orientation and for this year it is july 27th, but yep. so anyone considerin their post-bacc program?

she said they'd let us know by the start of orientation and for this year it is july 27th, but yep. so anyone considerin their post-bacc program?

Nope ... I'm leaving my tissue bank job and taking a pharmaceutical sales rep job ... I might reapply in a year or two, i don't know ... I have to re-take the MCAT b/c it's over 3 years old!

hey that's funny, I have been applying to pharm. sales jobs too! But I would only do it for 1 year while I re-apply. But, I don't know that DO school's would be too excited about that job; I'm looking more into biotech sales than drugs...

Also, I know I probably shouldn't worry too much about this happening, but I would feel horrible if the company put me through all that training and then I got pulled off a waitlist and started med school in August - but I wouldn't feel bad enough not to leave them and head off to school!

Members don't see this ad :)
hehe yes it does need refreshing. talked to amy this morning, she said she hates to keep us in the dark really but theres not much she can tell me. she said we just gotta wait and see if someone withdraws and a spot opens up.

I withdrew from LECOM's waitlist yesterday. I hope that opens up a spot for someone!

I withdrew from LECOM's waitlist yesterday. I hope that opens up a spot for someone!

Great, now my anticipation is up. I talked to Amy on Friday last week. She is really nice about it, and yes, she can't always tell us a lot. She did look over my app and told me that if not next year, proably next, my issue is timing.

some schools will have an admin rep go over your app line by line, and give you feedback, LECOM doesn't, but her overall look was very encouraging. Apps go out again in a week!

Hope that slot comes to one of us here watching!

She told me the same thing.. She said that she thinks it probably was a matter of applying so late. Sounded very encouraging, but I'm not too excited about it b/c she's not the one making the decisions!

Great, now my anticipation is up. I talked to Amy on Friday last week. She is really nice about it, and yes, she can't always tell us a lot. She did look over my app and told me that if not next year, proably next, my issue is timing.

some schools will have an admin rep go over your app line by line, and give you feedback, LECOM doesn't, but her overall look was very encouraging. Apps go out again in a week!

Hope that slot comes to one of us here watching!
nabs withdrew from the "waitlist", not from an acceptance, so the slot that comes to us will just be further up the waitlist, if there is a ranking on the waitlist that is.

nabs withdrew from the "waitlist", not from an acceptance, so the slot that comes to us will just be further up the waitlist, if there is a ranking on the waitlist that is.

Precisely. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my post. Good luck, everyone!

Precisely. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my post. Good luck, everyone!

No, you were clear, I was just crazy ;p. Amy once told me that they accept 30% of their waitlist. It's still improving our odds either way.

Has anyone heard from them? I have thought about email Amy, though I've talked to her this week, about if Anyone on the waitlist has been contacted.

Anyone heard anything recently?

Anyone heard anything recently?

Not a thing. Can't even get in touch with Amy. Somewhat discouraging.

Oh well, I'll find out one way or another sooner or later. Until then, I'll study to retake the MCAT and put my reapp in!

/edit Don't get me wrong, Amy has been great all the way. I have only compliments for her, please don't read this post otherwise. :)

Amy is great to work with, she is hard to get a hold of. Remember you can email her with your questions and such.

Right now they are having graduation this weekend, so things are a little crazy.

I got a call from her this morning and I was accepted off the waitlist! I'm in! Now I just hope for a chance from PSCP program to be one of their candidates.

Amy knows each of us, she deals with our papers every day, so she can't tell us much, but she is always willing to help and give encouragement! Remember to apply early this year! If not this year, maybe next! Being waitlisted means you were good enough to be considered in if they had the room. Apply early!

Class of 2011 here I come!!

Amy is great to work with, she is hard to get a hold of. Remember you can email her with your questions and such.

Right now they are having graduation this weekend, so things are a little crazy.

I got a call from her this morning and I was accepted off the waitlist! I'm in! Now I just hope for a chance from PSCP program to be one of their candidates.

Amy knows each of us, she deals with our papers every day, so she can't tell us much, but she is always willing to help and give encouragement! Remember to apply early this year! If not this year, maybe next! Being waitlisted means you were good enough to be considered in if they had the room. Apply early!

CONGRARULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!! See you there!!!!! :D

keith and tcamdg, congratulations to both of you :) , when did you two interview and are you both from PA?

NICE!!!! Congrats yall! Must be a great feeling! I'm glad to see all your hard work has paid off!!!

Plz still keep your fingers crossed for me (and cutievans)! ;)

NICE!!!! Congrats yall! Must be a great feeling! I'm glad to see all your hard work has paid off!!!

Plz still keep your fingers crossed for me (and cutievans)! ;)
ditto!!! :)

keith and tcamdg, congratulations to both of you :) , when did you two interview and are you both from PA?

I interviewed in early May. I am not from PA, I'm from Utah.

Fingers Crossed for you both!

Thanks!!!! I interviewed in April, and I'm not from PA.

Have you written a letter of intent, asked additional people for LoRs? Called LECOM periodically and wowed them with your graciousness, excitement, and wit? :p Best of luck to you, cutievans, and also to padunty!!!

Congrats to you guys! Could anyone fill me in with Amy's email?

thanks cutievans for the email! Amy just called to let me know. I interviewed in april, not from pa. Good luck to everyone!

Fronder Congrats!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I am so happy for you guys! Congrats again and good luck!

As for me ... I e-mailed Amy last night and she said that there was some movement of the waitlist but not a lot. She said she would keep me posted and would call if I was accepted. Sigh ... not the news I wanted to hear. I sent in a letter of intent and have called a few times...thought my app was above average and thought my interview went REALLY well. Oh well ... guess I'll continue to wait and see ....

but seriously congrats to all those who have been accepted; you have definitely earned it!!!

Congratulations to all of you, and good luck to those waiting.

ok, so i just sent a letter to amy and the admissions office, i interviewed in late april/early may, they didnt get my DO letter for forever, and i am lack in 2 hour of english and behavioral sceince, which i told them i would take this summer. what do ya'll think of my chances? and does anyone know the email address of the guy who had the worlds most 1 liners at LECOM? he was like the VP or dean of admissions or something. majored in acting or english, mustache, grey hair, but pretty cool. i want to say he handed out his card but i do not have it....so again does anyone know his email?

ok, so i just sent a letter to amy and the admissions office, i interviewed in late april/early may, they didnt get my DO letter for forever, and i am lack in 2 hour of english and behavioral sceince, which i told them i would take this summer. what do ya'll think of my chances? and does anyone know the email address of the guy who had the worlds most 1 liners at LECOM? he was like the VP or dean of admissions or something. majored in acting or english, mustache, grey hair, but pretty cool. i want to say he handed out his card but i do not have it....so again does anyone know his email?
I don't know what you asked her in the e-mail but I would consider calling personally and asking if that is what keeping you from being accepted and make sure that she knows that you will be completing those requirements this summer :)

I don't know what you asked her in the e-mail but I would consider calling personally and asking if that is what keeping you from being accepted and make sure that she knows that you will be completing those requirements this summer :)
hehe so after I read your post I decided to e-mail amy. I had a similar problem, I have already completed my behavioral science req but for some reason I had recd an e-mail way back sayin I hadn't, I had talked to amy about it and she said that that's fine that it would be corrected. I just e-maile her 5 mins back just to make sure that my record was clear and she replied back already sayin that it was. So yeah get in touch with amy about this :)

His name is Dr. Wise, his email is [email protected] if I remember correctly

who did you guys send your letter of intent to? I talked to amy and she said you can just e-mail it to me, so I did. Did you all mail it or e-mail it to someone else? thanks guys :)

I snail mailed mine to Amy, I think I've sent two now actually but I can't remember.

who did you guys send your letter of intent to? I talked to amy and she said you can just e-mail it to me, so I did. Did you all mail it or e-mail it to someone else? thanks guys :)

sMailed, although I emailed another one to another school. I sent it with my acceptance of my waitlist spot.

does anyone have Dr. Silvia Ferreti's e-mail? Thanks all :)

I am also waitlisted at lecom. What do you really write in a intent letter and does it make a difference?

hey keith or tc, did you guys the acceptance letter yet? How long do you think it takes? and medcrazy, i never wrote a letter of intent for lecom, but im sure it helps, and def wont hurt.

Thanks for the reply, i was just wondering because amy said that the list was ranked so i wasn't sure.

This waiting really stinks though. I was offered a job and took it because I don't know where i am on the waitlist or if i will get in this year.

yeah well here's how a friend of mine puts it. if they take a group of students in the waitlist with the same stats and one of them has a letter of intent, chances of them accepting the one with the loi are higher cos that person is most likely to accept.

hey you guys who got off the waitlist, do you all mind sharing ur stats, mcat/gpa etc.? just so we know where we stand as far as ranking goes. thanks again!!!