Lectures in med school - whiteboards or ppts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polycherry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from India and at our place, lectures are the main stay of teaching. Although sometimes we have smaller groups, problem based learning, case discussions and practicals. Lectures form a major chunk of it and unlike the rest I just mentioned, are highly monotonous, one sided and sleep inducing.

I was wondering if the cause for them being boring was just due to the use of projectors, where the proffs just read past the slides and rarely even turn back at the class.

Are whiteboards more interactive?
There are just a couple of professors I know who teach on the board.

Personally, I believe, the projector should be used only diagrams, videos and flowcharts.

How is it in other places? Do med schools in the US have lectures or are there more fun and interactive ways of study there?

Members don't see this ad.

I find Najeeb's lectures (on the whiteboard) too good, but sometimes I wonder I would fall asleep there too, had I been physically present.

I find Najeeb's lectures (on the whiteboard) too good, but sometimes I wonder I would fall asleep there too, had I been physically present.

My school is 100% PowerPoint. We don't even have whiteboards in our lecture halls.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Impossible to do whiteboard for most of our classes. A biochem lecture could have 15-20 pathways on it. An anatomy lecture, at least 50-100 structures.