Letter Author Uploaded LoR twice instead of SLOE - EM Applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doctor_crane

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I'm the only person this has ever happened to... But the physician I worked with in EM uploaded his LoR for the SLOE and his LoR. I was not made aware of this until programs started to email me about this.
I'm currently asking a different physician that I rotated with who I assume is better with technology to upload a SLOE instead. However, I believe I can only upload a max of 4 items and may not be able to do this for programs that have 4 items already.
Any advice?
 
Last edited:
If someone uploaded the wrong letter, they can just replace it with a new one. The same person will need to do it, but they can just replace the letter.
Thank you for telling me this. Unfortunately, the preceptor is old, doesn't respond to emails quickly, and probably would never figure out how to change this, definitely not within a few weeks... So I asked a different physician on that rotation to do the SLOE, he did, but now I have a wasted 4th spot for LoR or a SLOE. So I have 1 SLOE and 2 LoR.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does this person have a secretary? Because it's as easy as logging into the portal, seeing your name, clicking the upload button, and following the prompts.
Oh no, they do not. I've been getting interviews despite all of this, so I'm not too worried. Maybe some top programs will laugh and throw my app in the garbage but I'm not trying for that anyway.