Letter of Intent Mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDAB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I carefully sent out my application packets for the first two residencies I am interested in. When editing my letters of intent for the last several programs (after mailing the first two), I realized that I did not sign my letters of intent in my first two applications. These are in the mail and should arrive to the programs early next week.

What should I do? Contact the program administrative assistant and inform her I will be mailing a signed copy on Monday? Do you think this will hurt my chances of getting an interview? Any advice is appreciated! I really liked these two programs and am so upset with myself for allowing this oversight to occur. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Does the letter also have your printed name? If so, they may not notice. If I were you, the last thing I would do is draw attention to it! Thats the approach I would take...

Personally, I wouldn't do anything about it. Any program that chooses to not give you an interview based on that certainly isn't any place you want to be. Let it go...