• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

How to address RPh in Letter of Intent

pharmsea

Dec 25, 2017
  1. Pharmacy Student
    I'm writing a letter of intent to a residency director who is not a PharmD, she is an RPh. Do I address her as Ms. or try to find out if she's married or not and put Mrs.?

Also, I'm writing a supplemental essay. Is there a special heading I should put for supplementals?

lionheart555

7+ Year Member
    Aug 25, 2012
    1. Resident [Any Field]
    2. Pharmacist
      I would err on side of caution, regardless of actual credentials. I just used Dr. in all my correspondence to RPDs during applications and it worked out fine.

For supplemental, first see if they have specifics they want. Otherwise, since it's submitted through PhorCAS, I would just header it with appropriate identifiers. Name, place of education, title, whatever else you feel is needed).

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.