letter of rec from supervisor/radiologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batista_123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used to work for this radiologist and he was all cool with me. He told me to write myself a letter of rec and he would finalize it and send it. ever since i sent the rough draft, he has stopped all communications. he wont answer my emails, wont pick up phone when I call. I dont know what happened.
I am about to write him an email and say "I didnt believe radiologists are a**holes until i met you." I am so mad, I dont know what to do. the reason i am mad is not because of the letter of rec, its because he doesnt have to be such a ***** and waste my time like this, all he has to do is respond back and say "sorry, i am not writing this." he doesnt have to keep me waiting.

now my question: what do you think happened? In the letter I wrote a lot of good things about myself, maybe too much. did that piss him off or something?

and yes, I do know for a fact that he is alive.

oh, and he has made himself "invisible" in chat so i cant see he is online.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
He is probably really busy, and unfortunately your rec letter is not his first priority. Your situation is pretty common. Don't stress out about it, just keep looking for other alternatives!