This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cryovials

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I recently did research, but it wasn't through my university, it was at prestigious hospital nearby. I have a good relationship with my PI and she offered to write me a LOR for med school. While I know its better to have than not, does this fulfill any of the minimum requirements though? Since she wasn't a teacher, or even faculty at my school would this be looked at weird? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I recently did research, but it wasn't through my university, it was at prestigious hospital nearby. I have a good relationship with my PI and she offered to write me a LOR for med school. While I know its better to have than not, does this fulfill any of the minimum requirements though? Since she wasn't a teacher, or even faculty at my school would this be looked at weird? Thanks!

I had a former PI write a LOR for me. He wasn’t a teacher or faculty at my school. He was a DO so it fulfilled the DO LOR requirement.A LOR from your PI is definitely a good idea!

Reactions: 1 user