Letter of Recommendation Choices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kirby123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was going to submit LOR's from 2 science prof, 1 dentist, and 1 researcher that i volunteer for.
Is it better if I do 3 science and 1 dentist instead?

What is the general requirement by most schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I think if you get 2 science, 1 from someone who knows you well (non science, counselor, etc) and 1 dentist you cover 90% of schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
1st option is good and that's what I'm doing.

I think if you get 2 science, 1 from someone who knows you well (non science, counselor, etc) and 1 dentist you cover 90% of schools.
Thanks, I feel like all of these LOR writers know me well but I don't really have a non-science or counselor that does

An employer is another common one that can cover the "knows you well" requirement. Or some type of spiritual leader!

An employer is another common one that can cover the "knows you well" requirement. Or some type of spiritual leader!

Hey thanks for the suggestion! My employer is also the dentist who's writing my rec letter so I'm not sure, he actually knows me the best of the four. I could maybe ask the office manager of the homeless dental clinic i volunteer for but she doesn't really know me well