predental808

2+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2016
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I am looking at the LOR requirements for Columbia and it says 3 science professors and 1 of your choice. I already have 4 letters submitted on my AADSAS and wanted to get a few opinions on if the following letters would satisfy the requirement or if anyone knows how strict Columbia is. I currently have...

1 from physics professor
1 from biology professor
1 from my research PI (who is a professor, but I never took a course with credit from him)
1 dentist

Do you think the letter from my research PI, who is a professor at my university, cover the 3rd science professor requirement or should I just not waste my money applying to Columbia? Thanks for your input!

About the Ads

tyjacobs

5+ Year Member
May 10, 2015
I am looking at the LOR requirements for Columbia and it says 3 science professors and 1 of your choice. I already have 4 letters submitted on my AADSAS and wanted to get a few opinions on if the following letters would satisfy the requirement or if anyone knows how strict Columbia is. I currently have...

1 from physics professor
1 from biology professor
1 from my research PI (who is a professor, but I never took a course with credit from him)
1 dentist

Do you think the letter from my research PI, who is a professor at my university, cover the 3rd science professor requirement or should I just not waste my money applying to Columbia? Thanks for your input!

i submitted 2 recs from bio profs, 1 from research postodc, and 1 from dentist and I was totally fine

artist2022

UCLA D3 :)
Dec 25, 2016
Status
  1. Dental Student
Old thread I know, but my last letter just came in, should I email the school telling them so or will they automatically know?
And if I email them, should I just say something like hey my last letter has been uploaded to AADSAS/here is my ID # thanks?

Jul 15, 2017
Did anyone ever receive a response from Diana Lugo when you email her? I emailed a couple of weeks ago and also called and left a voicemail but never heard back

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads