predental808

2+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I am looking at the LOR requirements for Columbia and it says 3 science professors and 1 of your choice. I already have 4 letters submitted on my AADSAS and wanted to get a few opinions on if the following letters would satisfy the requirement or if anyone knows how strict Columbia is. I currently have...

1 from physics professor
1 from biology professor
1 from my research PI (who is a professor, but I never took a course with credit from him)
1 dentist

Do you think the letter from my research PI, who is a professor at my university, cover the 3rd science professor requirement or should I just not waste my money applying to Columbia? Thanks for your input!

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
You’re good to go. I had only 2 science letters and they didn’t mention anything
Thank you for this! I was kind of worried about applying there because I do have high stats but I only have 2 science letters

Reactions: Auntymarkovnikov
Mar 6, 2013
Fhloston Paradise
Status
Dental Student
So you just submitted two science letters with no additional letters, correct?
No. Two science one non science and a dentist.

Thank you for this! I was kind of worried about applying there because I do have high stats but I only have 2 science letters
No problem. Good luck

tyjacobs

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2015
I am looking at the LOR requirements for Columbia and it says 3 science professors and 1 of your choice. I already have 4 letters submitted on my AADSAS and wanted to get a few opinions on if the following letters would satisfy the requirement or if anyone knows how strict Columbia is. I currently have...

1 from physics professor
1 from biology professor
1 from my research PI (who is a professor, but I never took a course with credit from him)
1 dentist

Do you think the letter from my research PI, who is a professor at my university, cover the 3rd science professor requirement or should I just not waste my money applying to Columbia? Thanks for your input!
i submitted 2 recs from bio profs, 1 from research postodc, and 1 from dentist and I was totally fine

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Old thread I know, but my last letter just came in, should I email the school telling them so or will they automatically know?
And if I email them, should I just say something like hey my last letter has been uploaded to AADSAS/here is my ID # thanks?

Mar 6, 2013
Fhloston Paradise
Status
Dental Student
Old thread I know, but my last letter just came in, should I email the school telling them so or will they automatically know?
And if I email them, should I just say something like hey my last letter has been uploaded to AADSAS/here is my ID # thanks?
Email Diana Lugo to be safe in case they peeped your application already

Reactions: artist2022

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Reactions: Alpha Centauri

sparkinthedark

2+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2017
Did anyone ever receive a response from Diana Lugo when you email her? I emailed a couple of weeks ago and also called and left a voicemail but never heard back

Mar 6, 2013
Fhloston Paradise
Status
Dental Student
Did anyone ever receive a response from Diana Lugo when you email her? I emailed a couple of weeks ago and also called and left a voicemail but never heard back
Still waiting for confirmation she received my acceptance deposit

But seriously, you are probably fine