This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

predental808

New Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking at the LOR requirements for Columbia and it says 3 science professors and 1 of your choice. I already have 4 letters submitted on my AADSAS and wanted to get a few opinions on if the following letters would satisfy the requirement or if anyone knows how strict Columbia is. I currently have...

1 from physics professor
1 from biology professor
1 from my research PI (who is a professor, but I never took a course with credit from him)
1 dentist

Do you think the letter from my research PI, who is a professor at my university, cover the 3rd science professor requirement or should I just not waste my money applying to Columbia? Thanks for your input!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking at the LOR requirements for Columbia and it says 3 science professors and 1 of your choice. I already have 4 letters submitted on my AADSAS and wanted to get a few opinions on if the following letters would satisfy the requirement or if anyone knows how strict Columbia is. I currently have...

1 from physics professor
1 from biology professor
1 from my research PI (who is a professor, but I never took a course with credit from him)
1 dentist

Do you think the letter from my research PI, who is a professor at my university, cover the 3rd science professor requirement or should I just not waste my money applying to Columbia? Thanks for your input!

i submitted 2 recs from bio profs, 1 from research postodc, and 1 from dentist and I was totally fine
 
Old thread I know, but my last letter just came in, should I email the school telling them so or will they automatically know?
And if I email them, should I just say something like hey my last letter has been uploaded to AADSAS/here is my ID # thanks?
 
Did anyone ever receive a response from Diana Lugo when you email her? I emailed a couple of weeks ago and also called and left a voicemail but never heard back