Letter of Recs for Columbia - how strict?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental808

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the LOR requirements for Columbia and it says 3 science professors and 1 of your choice. I already have 4 letters submitted on my AADSAS and wanted to get a few opinions on if the following letters would satisfy the requirement or if anyone knows how strict Columbia is. I currently have...

1 from physics professor
1 from biology professor
1 from my research PI (who is a professor, but I never took a course with credit from him)
1 dentist

Do you think the letter from my research PI, who is a professor at my university, cover the 3rd science professor requirement or should I just not waste my money applying to Columbia? Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking at the LOR requirements for Columbia and it says 3 science professors and 1 of your choice. I already have 4 letters submitted on my AADSAS and wanted to get a few opinions on if the following letters would satisfy the requirement or if anyone knows how strict Columbia is. I currently have...

1 from physics professor
1 from biology professor
1 from my research PI (who is a professor, but I never took a course with credit from him)
1 dentist

Do you think the letter from my research PI, who is a professor at my university, cover the 3rd science professor requirement or should I just not waste my money applying to Columbia? Thanks for your input!

i submitted 2 recs from bio profs, 1 from research postodc, and 1 from dentist and I was totally fine

Old thread I know, but my last letter just came in, should I email the school telling them so or will they automatically know?
And if I email them, should I just say something like hey my last letter has been uploaded to AADSAS/here is my ID # thanks?

Old thread I know, but my last letter just came in, should I email the school telling them so or will they automatically know?
And if I email them, should I just say something like hey my last letter has been uploaded to AADSAS/here is my ID # thanks?
Email Diana Lugo to be safe in case they peeped your application already

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone ever receive a response from Diana Lugo when you email her? I emailed a couple of weeks ago and also called and left a voicemail but never heard back