Letters of Recommendation advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ODplease

New Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've shadowed at a variety of different optometry settings (OD/OMD, group practices, commercial), but I think my optometrists back at home know me the best. I go to a group practice, and I've shadowed for all of them there. Is it a good idea to have both my optometrist letters come from the same practice?
 
I don't think it will hinder your application if your 2 separate OD letters come from the same practice. These are still 2 individual vision care professionals willing to sing your praises. I personally only have 1 OD letter, 1 professor and 1 former boss. I chose 3 individuals that know me best and will say very supportive insightful comments. Looking forward to my 3 evaluations coming back on OptomCAS and the transcripts! Good Luck!