life of a anesthesiologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor2wannabe1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how is the life of anesthesiologist ,with different fellowships , in your opinion what would be the best fellowship ,perks, how many on call days per week, don't say anything about money , i know there is a thread similar but not exactly , i was thinking the best or coolest sounding fellowship's would be neuroanesthesia , critical care ,or pain management.

also, as i'm not that smart what ,just out off curiosity ,drugs do they use for surgeries,(for anesthesia)

would it be strange or helpful to get , say critical care and pain management fellowships together or , critical care and neuro

Members don't see this ad.

how is the life of anesthesiologist ,with different fellows , in your opinion what would be the say best fellowship ,perks of on call a, don' say anything about money or i will shun you :) , i know there is a thread similar but not exactly , i was think the best or coolest sounding fellowship's would be neuroanesthesia , critical care ,or pain management.

also, as me not that smart what ,just out off curiosity ,drugs do they use for surgeries,(for anesthesia)

Seriously... did Ali G write this post?

Members don't see this ad :)
how is the life of anesthesiologist ,with different fellows , in your opinion what would be the say best fellowship ,perks of on call a, don' say anything about money or i will shun you :) , i know there is a thread similar but not exactly , i was think the best or coolest sounding fellowship's would be neuroanesthesia , critical care ,or pain management.

also, as me not that smart what ,just out off curiosity ,drugs do they use for surgeries,(for anesthesia)

Life of "a" anesthesiologist is very nice, and I think you need to do all these fellowships that you mentioned, because the more fellowships you do the smarter you get ( since you feel not too smart).
As for the drugs we use, we don't really worry about that, we just come to the OR and they hand us a couple of syringes, we inject them and leave.
So as you see it's really simple and lurative too.

Life of "a" anesthesiologist is very nice, and I think you need to do all these fellowships that you mentioned, because the more fellowships you do the smarter you get ( since you feel not too smart).
As for the drugs we use, we don't really worry about that, we just come to the OR and they hand us a couple of syringes, we inject them and leave.

you mean life of "an" anesthesiologist :D

some people are mean , so are you saying if i took pain management , and i different fellowship it wouldn't be strange

P.S. ,chill is you aren't going to contribute to my thread than do your self a favor and don't post =/

, we inject them and leave.

are you a really one beacuse i have watched them work and they just don;t leave they monitor all their fancy stuff and what-not

some people are mean , so are you saying if i took pain management , and i different fellowship it wouldn't be strange

P.S. ,chill is you aren't going to contribute to my thread than do your self a favor and don't post =/

are you a really one beacuse i have watched them work and they just don;t leave they monitor all their fancy stuff and what-not

Whoa, whoa, whoa, buddy......let's back WAY up and first get a grasp of the English language. While that may not have been a detriment in the past, in today's world of anesthesiology, it is. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." It's time to take that first step, grasshopper.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, buddy......let's back WAY up and first get a grasp of the English language. While that may not have been a detriment in the past, in today's world of anesthesiology, it is. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." It's time to take that first step, grasshopper.

not helping, too bad

:laugh: This thread made my day.

I don't have an opinion on the best fellowship yet b/c I'm an MS3 and I'm not in residency yet, but top ones (debatable) are Cardiac, Peds, Pain management, but there are others. I don't know if there are any perks to being on call (or many people that would call taking call a perk). If you think a fellowship is cool, then it is the best fellowship for you to do, you can figure that out during CA1/2/3 years. Multiple fellowships are not foolish, although doing pain management places you in a more office based situation making additional fellowships in OR based fields seem not as beneficial. This said, doing a fellowship in critical care and neuroanesthesia/Cardiac/Peds might make sense since you would be more deft at managing these critical pts, as well as have more experience in the ICU. check the sticky's for your other questions, tons of basic/advanced anesthesia info up there... Hope I haven't ruined anyone's fun attempting to respond to your post....

Wannabedoc..... Just worry about getting into med school/ostopath med school first. Then Anesthesia.....then perhaps a fellowship.

I was the only resident out of my program not to do a fellowship. I'm doing General Anesthesia 60 minutes east of Los Angeles. Loving it!!!!

Work 50-55 hours per week...3 calls per month...1 weekend call q 5-6 weeks. Will easily clear 300k and expenses are paid for...malpractice,health, 401k contribution.

So life ain't bad.
Plus lots of SEXY TIME!!!!!