Jun 26, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Is anyone a current student, alumnus/a, or even heard about Lipscomb University's Biomolecular Sciences MS Program? Haven't really found a lot of info online from other students

I am interested in applying to this program to enhance my academic credentials before I apply to med school next June - my only concerns are that Lipscomb is not a medical school and I can't find success rates anywhere so not sure how good it is... but it's the only post-bacc program I have found in TN (where I'm from) besides ETSU which is for career changers

Any help is much appreciated!!

Jan 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
I did actually! Graduated this past May - let me know if you have any questions
Congrats on earning that Masters degree! I'm really torn on applying to this program because, while I need to improve my academic stats, I've received 1 dental school interview this year and I wouldn't want to spend the money on the program just to end up getting accepted to dental school. At the same time, I want to have a backup plan just in case I don't get in.

Anyway, what was your impression of the program? Is maintaining a good GPA fairly manageable?

OP
T
Jun 26, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
There were a couple people in my cohort (pre-dent/med/PA ) who had active applications during the program and they all did end up getting accepted by spring! I think they had the same dilemma as you but didn't regret enrolling because they could still update their applications with their first semester grades. And if they didn't get accepted, they still had a backup plan like you said. In the end you do receive a Master's degree, so it is an investment. I think the program does a lot with primary articles and independent work, especially presentations. I was able to maintain a good GPA while volunteering and working part-time, and I found that my classmates agreed. It's very fast-paced since each class is only 8 weeks long, and there's a lot of information packed into that short time frame. Regardless, I'm glad I did it to improve my academic stats coming from undergrad. I'm currently applying to med school, so we'll see if I get any success! Lmk if you have other questions! I'd be happy to help since there's not a lot of info on this program.

Jan 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
There were a couple people in my cohort (pre-dent/med/PA ) who had active applications during the program and they all did end up getting accepted by spring! I think they had the same dilemma as you but didn't regret enrolling because they could still update their applications with their first semester grades. And if they didn't get accepted, they still had a backup plan like you said. In the end you do receive a Master's degree, so it is an investment. I think the program does a lot with primary articles and independent work, especially presentations. I was able to maintain a good GPA while volunteering and working part-time, and I found that my classmates agreed. It's very fast-paced since each class is only 8 weeks long, and there's a lot of information packed into that short time frame. Regardless, I'm glad I did it to improve my academic stats coming from undergrad. I'm currently applying to med school, so we'll see if I get any success! Lmk if you have other questions! I'd be happy to help since there's not a lot of info on this program.
Thanks for the info! I have a lot to consider but this route seems like a good option, if needed. Hope you get in at your med school of choice.. good luck!!