LIS vs SOV - Revenge of the grumpy old men WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time there was a kind, generous, and quite experienced pre-vet student. He was helpful to a fault, good at sharing helpful advice to his fellow pre-vet students, and anxious to be well thought of by his peers. In short, he was perfect, and his name was SOV.

After a year of dispensing all kinds of advice, veterinary related and otherwise, he was accepted to a veterinary school that was even older than he was. Soon he was busy cramming for tests, smelling like formaldehyde, and trying not to get run over by SEPTA buses while studying his notes on the way to exams.

Around this same time there emerged a dark, and sinister character. He was a pre-vet student, but had none of SOV's panache, elan, or kind spirit. He was sarcastic, argumentative, and just plum old. Pretty soon, an epic battle of good vs evil emerged, with battle lines being drawn, and redrawn. Sadly, to combat the ultimate evil, SOV was forced to resort to his enemies tactics, and this kind, sweet, boy turned into a surly, vituperative, snarky poster.

Shortly thereafter, it was pretty much hard to distinguish one surly, old curmudgeon from the other.
This is the world you have been thrust into.

Does any of this have anything to do with this WW game? :shrug:

Here is your game roster:

1- @WildZoo
2- @SummerTheLynx
3- @Mad Jack
4- @Rogert
5- @touchpause13
6- @dyachei
7- @DVMDream
8- @Frozenshades
9- @brightimpressio
10 - @WhtsThFrequency
11 - @LetItSnow
12- @hedgiehog
13 - @Gwenevre
14- @swiniazycie
15. @allieh8607
16. @Zensing
17. @Lissarae06
18. @Flim Flam Man
19 @Cyndia

RULES:
1 - No PM-ing, unless, you know, exceptions.
2- Play dirty, but nice. You know what I mean.
3 - Editing ok. No adding people to conversations. No screen shots.
4 - No WHINING> No COMPLAINING ABOUT THE GAME. Seriously, if you don't/didn't enjoy too freaking bad. Keep your trap shut or you need not sign up ever again. I am doing this because I love you guys/gals, and I look fondly back at our years together. Don't ruin it. It is all in good fun.

I am going to be on very irregularly. I am still quite busy while the weather holds out. Therefore you may want to keep tallies yourself.

IT IS DAY 1. You all demand on election on day 1, and who am i to deny you.
There is no mayor, but you do have an important election.

You must choose to elect either SOV or LIS. Pick one.

Let's try to wrap this up tonight if everyone (or most everyone) checks in. Send in your actions for a closing in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Once upon a time there was a kind, generous, and quite experienced pre-vet student. He was helpful to a fault, good at sharing helpful advice to his fellow pre-vet students, and anxious to well thought of by his peers. In short, he was perfect, and his name was SOV.
Excuse me while I finish throwing up. :barf:

Elect LIS

Members don't see this ad :)
Day 1 Election Results:

SOV 1
LIS 1

uncast votes 16

The @devyn Memorial lynch election GIF
Best-Animation-GIF-2015.gif

Are you guys crazy? If electing the mod is an option you do it.

I mean, I'm happy to be mayor, but <insert it's a trap meme here>.

Members don't see this ad :)
Elect Sobsob

Heads up, guys. I've got a test Monday so I'm really not going to be active the first few days.

Elect LISLIS

Election Results

The denizens of SDN WWing are given a simple choice on Day 1 of their annual autumnal WW game. It is really quite straight-forward, elect the kind mod who has descended from the skies (literally) to grace them with a subtle and sophisticated WW diversion or elect the snarky, argumentative veterinarian from the <soon to be> frigid environs of the far north. Surely no one could screw up this one simple task could they? Surely the choice is obvious is it not?

Well, first off, 2 people have missed the start of the game (you know who you are). Secondly, of course YOU MADE THE WRONG CHOICE. Having an opportunity to get the mod on your side, you have failed. All of you have failed, and will have to deal with the repercussions for the rest of the game.

Shame, shame, shame. In fact, one of you went as far as to openly mock the mods kindness. SMH. I will never understand the masochistic tendencies of the WW participants.

That is all.

Night 1 Results

After angering the mods, night came and went in the blink of the eye. Stuff happens. Grumpy men fight, because that is what they do. But one of our WW denizens did not make it through the night. Touchpause, Scrooge, was found keeled over in the morning. Signs of a struggle in his room are apparent. No further details are available.

Here is your game roster:

1- @WildZoo
2- @SummerTheLynx
3- @Mad Jack
4- @Rogert
5- @touchpause13, Scrooge
6- @dyachei
7- @DVMDream
8- @Frozenshades
9- @brightimpressio
10 - @WhtsThFrequency
11 - @LetItSnow
12- @hedgiehog
13 - @Gwenevre
14- @swiniazycie
15. @allieh8607
16. @Zensing
17. @Lissarae06
18. @Flim Flam Man
19 @Cyndia

IT IS DAY 2. Lynch someone

It seems I got a bit of the French Gout last night, which kept me from using my spectacles. So watch out for that ladies and gents. There are two benefits to using protection: no syphilis, and no idiot spawn. It's a win-win for everyone. Of course neither of those apply to me now.