You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU C/O 2028
Started by vetcat2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Journey2DVM
Full Member
Waitlisted as well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are waitlist emails coming out in waves? or did everyone get theirs around 10 am EST this morning?
Hopkinsbailey
Full Member
are waitlist emails coming out in waves? or did everyone get theirs around 10 am EST this morning?
It seems like everyone got it at 9:55 EST, that’s when I got mine
Just got this -
"offers for the LMU-CVM have begun to be extended and will continue to be extended in the days and weeks to come. These offers are disseminated by the Dean based on recommendations made by the Admissions Committee.
Your application is still in consideration for an interview at this time. With the current offers that have been extended, the AAVMC requires that applicants have until April 18th to make a decision. So, it may be late April before you receive additional correspondence regarding your application."
Confused to say the least
"offers for the LMU-CVM have begun to be extended and will continue to be extended in the days and weeks to come. These offers are disseminated by the Dean based on recommendations made by the Admissions Committee.
Your application is still in consideration for an interview at this time. With the current offers that have been extended, the AAVMC requires that applicants have until April 18th to make a decision. So, it may be late April before you receive additional correspondence regarding your application."
Confused to say the least
Just got the waitlist email!
I hate to say it but it seems like everyone is just getting the same copy and paste email response regardless of what they are asking I would take it with a grain of salt :/Just got this -
"offers for the LMU-CVM have begun to be extended and will continue to be extended in the days and weeks to come. These offers are disseminated by the Dean based on recommendations made by the Admissions Committee.
Your application is still in consideration for an interview at this time. With the current offers that have been extended, the AAVMC requires that applicants have until April 18th to make a decision. So, it may be late April before you receive additional correspondence regarding your application."
Confused to say the least
Me too!Just got the waitlist email!
courtweb0907
Full Member
So do we think no more acceptances will go out until after the deadline, even though people are declining their spots now? Or will they fill the seats as they become available?
Honestly, who knows. This entire process has just been draining.So do we think no more acceptances will go out until after the deadline, even though people are declining their spots now? Or will they fill the seats as they become available?
FutureDVM2713
Full Member
i’m sure they’ll take people offSo do we think no more acceptances will go out until after the deadline, even though people are declining their spots now? Or will they fill the seats as they become available?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry 🤦🏾♀️I just got rejected LMAO this was a crazy chain of communication today
You got a rejection email after you got that other email today? So weird I’m so sorry🫶🏻I just got rejected LMAO this was a crazy chain of communication today
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
Waitlist
Yes!!You got a rejection email after you got that other email today? So weird I’m so sorry🫶🏻
You received the response that they would be sending acceptances in the months to come but did not receive the waitlist email, or did you receive both?Yes!!
pjackson2010
Full Member
waitlisted- do we know how many people interviewed for the fall class?
Waitlisted 💃🏼🫥
Rachel Patrick
Full Member
If I wanted to apply to the spring cohort and fall for next year, when is the spring application due? Do I have to turn VMCAS in early for that?
futuredogtor12
Full Member
If I wanted to apply to the spring cohort and fall for next year, when is the spring application due? Do I have to turn VMCAS in early for that?
i was accepted to the spring 2024 cohort (started jan 2024 a few months ago) and submitted my application on sept 12, 2023! no early submission is needed!
joanzmo
Full Member
kinda confused... I thought you were among the waitlisted. You started class in January? Not meaning to be rude but is a person who is a student still listed on the waitlist? Anxiously waiting for an answer from LMU so I have been watching the numbers of who has been accepted/waitlist/rejected to see what chance we have. On Wednesday you said you were waitlisted. Again, not trying to be rude just trying to understand how things work. If you could clarify I would really appreciate it.i was accepted to the spring 2024 cohort (started jan 2024 a few months ago) and submitted my application on sept 12, 2023! no early submission is needed!
They probably turned down the Jan start date to be reconsidered for the fall.kinda confused... I thought you were among the waitlisted. You started class in January? Not meaning to be rude but is a person who is a student still listed on the waitlist? Anxiously waiting for an answer from LMU so I have been watching the numbers of who has been accepted/waitlist/rejected to see what chance we have. On Wednesday you said you were waitlisted. Again, not trying to be rude just trying to understand how things work. If you could clarify I would really appreciate it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they mean the class they were originally accepted to started in jan 2024. They denied spring cohort to be put back into the fall applicant pool if I remember correctlykinda confused... I thought you were among the waitlisted. You started class in January? Not meaning to be rude but is a person who is a student still listed on the waitlist? Anxiously waiting for an answer from LMU so I have been watching the numbers of who has been accepted/waitlist/rejected to see what chance we have. On Wednesday you said you were waitlisted. Again, not trying to be rude just trying to understand how things work. If you could clarify I would really appreciate it.
Rachel Patrick
Full Member
Ok cool! So basically you just indicate if you want to be considered for fall, spring, or both on the application?i was accepted to the spring 2024 cohort (started jan 2024 a few months ago) and submitted my application on sept 12, 2023! no early submission is needed!
joanzmo
Full Member
thank you. that makes sense. I was so confused!I think they mean the class they were originally accepted to started in jan 2024. They denied spring cohort to be put back into the fall applicant pool if I remember correctly
joanzmo
Full Member
thanks. Makes senseI think they mean the class they were originally accepted to started in jan 2024. They denied spring cohort to be put back into the fall applicant pool if I remember correctly
spooky_sushi
Full Member
Yes!Ok cool! So basically you just indicate if you want to be considered for fall, spring, or both on the application?
futuredogtor12
Full Member
kinda confused... I thought you were among the waitlisted. You started class in January? Not meaning to be rude but is a person who is a student still listed on the waitlist? Anxiously waiting for an answer from LMU so I have been watching the numbers of who has been accepted/waitlist/rejected to see what chance we have. On Wednesday you said you were waitlisted. Again, not trying to be rude just trying to understand how things work. If you could clarify I would really appreciate it.
i was accepted to the spring cohort that started back in january. i turned my seat down. i was just specifying that the spring 2024 cohort started in january of this year.
joanzmo
Full Member
thanks sorry misread it. I thought you said you started in January but I also saw that you waitlisted. Thanks for clarifying!i was accepted to the spring cohort that started back in january. i turned my seat down. i was just specifying that the spring 2024 cohort started in january of this year.
fromfairystories
Full Member
Has anyone been able to find a dissection kit that includes everything listed on the dissection kit pamphlet from the matriculation box? Haven’t been able to find one with everything in one product
FutureDVM2713
Full Member
Does anyone know if the waitlist moves a lot? I know take the waitlist email with a grain of salt but this is pretty much the only school i’m waiting on and i got into SGU but the waiting game is destroying me…
From previous years it does move a lot but there’s also A LOT of people on the waitlist so it’s really hard to tellDoes anyone know if the waitlist moves a lot? I know take the waitlist email with a grain of salt but this is pretty much the only school i’m waiting on and i got into SGU but the waiting game is destroying me…
pjackson2010
Full Member
The waitlist batch that just came out, was anyone accepted too or only waitlisted people were notified of their status?
courtweb0907
Full Member
The waitlist batch that just came out, was anyone accepted too or only waitlisted people were notified of their status?
I'm not entirely sure but from what I've gathered all acceptances, rejections, and waitlist went out. So now waitlist will be accepted as the accepted list declines their seats. But i don't think they're gonna pull from waitlist until after the deadline because tons of accepted people have already turned down their seat but no one on waitlist that I've seen has been accepted.
FutureDVM2713
Full Member
maybe they waitlisted all interviewed applicants as a way to determine who to take for the other wave if there is one? I have no clue i’m grasping at straws 🤡 A mass waitlist just doesn’t make senseI may have missed them but didn’t see any new acceptances, just mass waitlisting for what seemed like all interviewed applicants. Definitely curious how the seemingly extra-long waitlist is going to affect movement.
there are other schools that will waitlist all interviewed applicants so a mass waitlist actually isn’t that far off, especially when LMU is a new program and will often go through a huge waitlist bc people get into a preferred program and pull their spot from LMUmaybe they waitlisted all interviewed applicants as a way to determine who to take for the other wave if there is one? I have no clue i’m grasping at straws 🤡 A mass waitlist just doesn’t make sense
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spooky_sushi
Full Member
I get the waitlist but I am confused as to why they have a waitlist for interviews
FutureDVM2713
Full Member
i guess if enough people turn their seat down?I get the waitlist but I am confused as to why they have a waitlist for interviews
Rachel Patrick
Full Member
Is it true the waitlist is like a lottery?
FutureDVM2713
Full Member
i think their goal is to have people take themselves off so the waitlist moves on its own so they can accept whoever it is they acceptIs it true the waitlist is like a lottery?