LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeahh I’m reluctant to take the time off and spend the money to tour when my two options left this cycle are very long waitlists that also move quickly lol. I’d jump at either one and sort of doubt I’ll have to decide between them

Members don't see this ad.

I just got waitlisted for 2024 but withdrew my application as I got accepted to my in-state! Good luck to all!!

Members don't see this ad :)
are waitlist emails coming out in waves? or did everyone get theirs around 10 am EST this morning?

Is it fair to assume that if you haven’t received an email by now, rejection? This is where I am at the moment 🙃

Just got this -
"offers for the LMU-CVM have begun to be extended and will continue to be extended in the days and weeks to come. These offers are disseminated by the Dean based on recommendations made by the Admissions Committee.

Your application is still in consideration for an interview at this time. With the current offers that have been extended, the AAVMC requires that applicants have until April 18th to make a decision. So, it may be late April before you receive additional correspondence regarding your application."

Confused to say the least

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Just got this -
"offers for the LMU-CVM have begun to be extended and will continue to be extended in the days and weeks to come. These offers are disseminated by the Dean based on recommendations made by the Admissions Committee.

Your application is still in consideration for an interview at this time. With the current offers that have been extended, the AAVMC requires that applicants have until April 18th to make a decision. So, it may be late April before you receive additional correspondence regarding your application."

Confused to say the least
I hate to say it but it seems like everyone is just getting the same copy and paste email response regardless of what they are asking I would take it with a grain of salt :/

Reactions: 1 user
So do we think no more acceptances will go out until after the deadline, even though people are declining their spots now? Or will they fill the seats as they become available?

So do we think no more acceptances will go out until after the deadline, even though people are declining their spots now? Or will they fill the seats as they become available?
Honestly, who knows. This entire process has just been draining.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got rejected LMAO this was a crazy chain of communication today

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
If I wanted to apply to the spring cohort and fall for next year, when is the spring application due? Do I have to turn VMCAS in early for that?

If I wanted to apply to the spring cohort and fall for next year, when is the spring application due? Do I have to turn VMCAS in early for that?

i was accepted to the spring 2024 cohort (started jan 2024 a few months ago) and submitted my application on sept 12, 2023! no early submission is needed!

i was accepted to the spring 2024 cohort (started jan 2024 a few months ago) and submitted my application on sept 12, 2023! no early submission is needed!
kinda confused... I thought you were among the waitlisted. You started class in January? Not meaning to be rude but is a person who is a student still listed on the waitlist? Anxiously waiting for an answer from LMU so I have been watching the numbers of who has been accepted/waitlist/rejected to see what chance we have. On Wednesday you said you were waitlisted. Again, not trying to be rude just trying to understand how things work. If you could clarify I would really appreciate it.

kinda confused... I thought you were among the waitlisted. You started class in January? Not meaning to be rude but is a person who is a student still listed on the waitlist? Anxiously waiting for an answer from LMU so I have been watching the numbers of who has been accepted/waitlist/rejected to see what chance we have. On Wednesday you said you were waitlisted. Again, not trying to be rude just trying to understand how things work. If you could clarify I would really appreciate it.
They probably turned down the Jan start date to be reconsidered for the fall.

I think they mean the class they were originally accepted to started in jan 2024. They denied spring cohort to be put back into the fall applicant pool if I remember correctly

Ok cool! So basically you just indicate if you want to be considered for fall, spring, or both on the application?

Reactions: 1 user
I think they mean the class they were originally accepted to started in jan 2024. They denied spring cohort to be put back into the fall applicant pool if I remember correctly
thank you. that makes sense. I was so confused!

thanks. Makes sense

i was accepted to the spring cohort that started back in january. i turned my seat down. i was just specifying that the spring 2024 cohort started in january of this year.

i was accepted to the spring cohort that started back in january. i turned my seat down. i was just specifying that the spring 2024 cohort started in january of this year.
thanks sorry misread it. I thought you said you started in January but I also saw that you waitlisted. Thanks for clarifying!

Has anyone been able to find a dissection kit that includes everything listed on the dissection kit pamphlet from the matriculation box? Haven’t been able to find one with everything in one product

Does anyone know if the waitlist moves a lot? I know take the waitlist email with a grain of salt but this is pretty much the only school i’m waiting on and i got into SGU but the waiting game is destroying me…

Does anyone know if the waitlist moves a lot? I know take the waitlist email with a grain of salt but this is pretty much the only school i’m waiting on and i got into SGU but the waiting game is destroying me…
From previous years it does move a lot but there’s also A LOT of people on the waitlist so it’s really hard to tell

The waitlist batch that just came out, was anyone accepted too or only waitlisted people were notified of their status?

The waitlist batch that just came out, was anyone accepted too or only waitlisted people were notified of their status?

I'm not entirely sure but from what I've gathered all acceptances, rejections, and waitlist went out. So now waitlist will be accepted as the accepted list declines their seats. But i don't think they're gonna pull from waitlist until after the deadline because tons of accepted people have already turned down their seat but no one on waitlist that I've seen has been accepted.

I may have missed them but didn’t see any new acceptances, just mass waitlisting for what seemed like all interviewed applicants. Definitely curious how the seemingly extra-long waitlist is going to affect movement.

I may have missed them but didn’t see any new acceptances, just mass waitlisting for what seemed like all interviewed applicants. Definitely curious how the seemingly extra-long waitlist is going to affect movement.
maybe they waitlisted all interviewed applicants as a way to determine who to take for the other wave if there is one? I have no clue i’m grasping at straws 🤡 A mass waitlist just doesn’t make sense

maybe they waitlisted all interviewed applicants as a way to determine who to take for the other wave if there is one? I have no clue i’m grasping at straws 🤡 A mass waitlist just doesn’t make sense
there are other schools that will waitlist all interviewed applicants so a mass waitlist actually isn’t that far off, especially when LMU is a new program and will often go through a huge waitlist bc people get into a preferred program and pull their spot from LMU

Hey all I wanted to pop on here and say I emailed to withdraw my app from the waitlist (I just haven’t heard back yet)!