You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU C/O 2028
Started by vetcat2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Journey2DVM
Full Member
Just got my acceptance letter today!
Have until May 9th to accept or deny. I don’t know how to feel because I finally accepted the idea that I wasn’t going to get in anywhere after being rejected or not called off the waitlist for every other school.
Have until May 9th to accept or deny. I don’t know how to feel because I finally accepted the idea that I wasn’t going to get in anywhere after being rejected or not called off the waitlist for every other school.
congrats! was it earlier this morning? wondering when they are sending out emails.Just got my acceptance letter today!
Have until May 9th to accept or deny. I don’t know how to feel because I finally accepted the idea that I wasn’t going to get in anywhere after being rejected or not called off the waitlist for every other school.
I get how you feel; I am not wanting to work on a new application and work on taking more pre- reqs and start over again, but I think at this point I have to think about that more seriously.
I wish you the best of luck in making your decision and sincere congrats !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Journey2DVM
Full Member
congrats! was it earlier this morning? wondering when they are sending out emails.
I get how you feel; I am not wanting to work on a new application and work on taking more pre- reqs and start over again, but I think at this point I have to think about that more seriously.
I wish you the best of luck in making your decision and sincere congrats !
Yes it came in around 10:30 EST
spooky_sushi
Full Member
I was able to defer to Spring 2025 so another spot will open up for someone! To the people still waiting to hear I know it's so difficult and discouraging but what is meant to happen will happen and you will become a doctor! Veterinary School applications have been one of the most heartbreaking experiences but that one acceptance will make the difference!
maddiemurp
New Member
Also to any of those using the Facebook as a guide to class size, I do want to let you know that the group is not LMU affiliated. I did not know that until joining so I thought I would share. Take that as you wish. 🙂
courtweb0907
Full Member
And now we wait for another weekend to pass so we can once again wait for an email next week[emoji854]
pjackson2010
Full Member
Did they release how many people are on the waitlist?
Did they release how many people are on the waitlist?
That would be helpful. No, they didn’t nor did they release rankings.
The next date decisions are due by would be the 8/9th as far as what I’ve seen, so more offers will probably be sent then.
Any current students: can you tell me what class days look like? Curious what time classes start / end. I got my acceptance 4/30 at 7:44 AM CST!
Any current students: can you tell me what class days look like? Curious what time classes start / end. I got my acceptance 4/30 at 7:44 AM CST!
Really depends but lectures are roughly 8am-4:20pm Monday to Friday. Most labs tend to be on Tuesdays and Thursday. Some days you will be done early, other days you are in lecture all day. Block exams are on Mondays (every 2-3 weeks).
haileylee7
Full Member
For any current students: are there opportunities to work as a research assistant while studying? Does LMU offer any jobs for vet students? Thank you 🙂
For any current students: are there opportunities to work as a research assistant while studying? Does LMU offer any jobs for vet students? Thank you 🙂
Yes you can but I wouldn’t recommend until after your first semester. There are tutoring job opportunities (definitely after your first semester) as well. Another one would be working in the models shop developing and making models for the students to use.
somanydogs
New Member
Has anyone been excepted with a low Casper score?
I have. Scored in the 1st quartile!Has anyone been excepted with a low Casper score?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haileylee7
Full Member
Are any other admitted students attending the Anatomy Bootcamp in July? 🙂
caitlyn.royalty
New Member
Does anyone have an idea about when orientation will be? I saw the start date is early August. I was curious to see how long orientation has been in previous years
They have tentative dates for Aug 1st and 2nd…Does anyone have an idea about when orientation will be? I saw the start date is early August. I was curious to see how long orientation has been in previous years
Are any other admitted students attending the Anatomy Bootcamp in July? 🙂
I want to!!
kirstenelanga
New Member
Sending positivity to those of us still waiting that tomorrow’s the day!🙂
courtweb0907
Full Member
hopefullpetvet735
Full Member
SameNot me 🙁(
Hopkinsbailey
Full Member
Accepted just now! I’m already committed to Iowa but am having exceedingly complicated feelings about turning this down, I really never thought I’d be in this position. 🥲
Doing so regardless, I hope the spot goes to one of you!
What was your deadline to decide?
5/16!What was your deadline to decide?
fingers crossed for more acceptances today. I dont know about anyone else but I am a bundle of nerves lately. this is tough.
courtweb0907
Full Member
Did anyone hear anything today?
Where can I find info on this?I want to!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
An email went out to silver cohort a few weeks ago, I’d email Ciera Lindley and see if she can help direct you to more info, she is a superstarWhere can I find info on this?
Did anyone hear anything today?
No, I did not, but checking email.
Do we think the class is almost full ?
courtweb0907
Full Member
No, I did not, but checking email.
Do we think the class is almost full ?
I don’t think so
hopefullpetvet735
Full Member
I am the opposite haha the Facebook group is up to 82 and some may not have Facebook so I was assuming they may be closer to 100-110, but just an assumption! Hoping we get that email soon!!I don’t think so
courtweb0907
Full Member
Ok so I actually went to tour first to weigh options but now the seat is declined, hope one of y’all gets good news soon!
Why did you decide to decline it after seeing it?
I have a pros/cons breakdown I sent to someone that I can PM to you if you want! The facilities were super new and nice and the surroundings are gorgeous, there were just a couple of aspects of the curriculum that I didn’t think would mesh well with my learning style and I was wildly allergic to the area (I’m allergic to everything but I was dying the whole time I was there 😅)Why did you decide to decline it after seeing it?
courtweb0907
Full Member
I have a pros/cons breakdown I sent to someone that I can PM to you if you want! The facilities were super new and nice and the surroundings are gorgeous, there were just a couple of aspects of the curriculum that I didn’t think would mesh well with my learning style and I was wildly allergic to the area (I’m allergic to everything but I was dying the whole time I was there [emoji28])
Yes please!
hopefullpetvet735
Full Member
I really hope they would, but it doesn't look like they did last cycle based on the comments so I'm not confident that they will sadly.Will they tell us when the class is full?
FutureDogtor1995
New Member
What should I expect in my file review? Also what type of questions should I have prepared?
hopefullpetvet735
Full Member
I just got the acceptance email at 10:15 AM EST!! I'm crying with gratefulness right now! 🥹 I am absolutely a low GPA candidate so please reach out if you have any questions on my stats or my application!🙂
I just got the acceptance email at 10:15 AM EST!! I'm crying with gratefulness right now! 🥹 I am absolutely a low GPA candidate so please reach out if you have any questions on my stats or my application!🙂
Please PM me! I have so many questions
And congratulations!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefullpetvet735
Full Member
Thank you!! 🥹 I will message you!Please PM me! I have so many questions
And congratulations!!!
I had my file review 2 weeks after we got put on the waitlist. You don't need to stress, it was a super chill process and phone call!What should I expect in my file review? Also what type of questions should I have prepared?
While I had a bunch of questions prepared, she answered most of them without me even having to ask. She'll tell you what they are looking for, why, and what you need to work on and why. She's blunt but helpful!
Please feel free to PM me if you have any more specific questions.
pjackson2010
Full Member
How do I ask for a file review?
hopefullpetvet735
Full Member
Hello! I was curious if any current students are working on campus? If so I was hoping you could message me about what compensation looks like, hours you work, and how I can inquire about open positions starting this August!
Thank you!!
Thank you!!
Hello! I was curious if any current students are working on campus? If so I was hoping you could message me about what compensation looks like, hours you work, and how I can inquire about open positions starting this August!
Thank you!!
I wouldn’t recommend working your first semester. Enjoy the semester and get an understanding on how everything works at the school. Make friends and study hard. Most positions aren’t open until your second semester. The most common position is tutoring and based on hourly pay. You could also work in the models shop or do summer research with professors as well.