This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will be there on October 26th! My second time interviewing was waitlisted last cycle. They were all super friendly last year and the whole process was pretty chill

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted 9/6 and verified 9/11 haven't heard back but I'm not getting my hopes up. I have had a good grad/science/last 45 but my undergrad was filled with hardships so im not the most appealing cumulative wise.

Don't count yourself out. LMU interviews late into the year and I believe into next year as well. Just because you haven't received any notice yet means nothing--they have a rejection email of course. So unless you receive that or a positive email, they're still reviewing you.

I will be there on October 26th! My second time interviewing was waitlisted last cycle. They were all super friendly last year and the whole process was pretty chill

Can you describe your experience and any tips you might have? :D

By email or portal?

Email, my portal didn't even update

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't count yourself out. LMU interviews late into the year and I believe into next year as well. Just because you haven't received any notice yet means nothing--they have a rejection email of course. So unless you receive that or a positive email, they're still reviewing you.

Can you describe your experience and any tips you might have? :D

Email, my portal didn't even update

My experience was good! We flew into Knoxville the morning of and then it’s about an hour and half drive to the school. I brought both my parents and were pretty exhausted by the end of the day since we got up for our flight at 2 am. I also interviewed last, around 4pm so I recommend bringing some food/snacks because it can be a long day. Everyone was so sweet and welcoming. The 3 interviews were 8 minutes long and flew by. My tip would be to have a few planned out statements in your head, such as “tell me about yourself” and typical questions of that sort. They weren’t trying to be tricky or interrogate me, just basically get to know me better. The tour guides were vet students and they gave a lot of insight and there was a question and answer session that was helpful. We stayed at a hotel that night that was technically in Kentucky but not far from the school at all. I’ve been wanting to go back ever since!

I just got an interview invite today! Is Knoxville the closet/cheapest airport to fly into? For those of you who have interviewed with them in the past, how did you prepare? Is it closed file? Thanks!

I just got an interview invite today! Is Knoxville the closet/cheapest airport to fly into?
Yep Knoxville is the closest/easiest airport to fly into.
It’d be a lot of driving in one day, but when I interviewed two cycles ago my mom and I stayed at the airport at the hotel the night before and the night after I had interviewed and drove to and from the school the day of. It saved us with not having to rent a car until the day of my interview and also being able to return it that same day. It also allowed us to take a super early flight out.

As for your second question, someone partly answered that in the post above. When I interviewed it was closed file, I assume that hasn’t changed.

I submitted 9/6 and verified 9/11 haven't heard back but I'm not getting my hopes up. I have had a good grad/science/last 45 but my undergrad was filled with hardships so im not the most appealing cumulative wise.

I'm in the same boat. My cumulative sucks, but my last 45 was good. I did take a 2 years break in my schooling to become a vet tech, so hoping they see that I came back as a different student.

Hey everyone! For those of you who are interviewing on October 26th, did you get an info packet that they would send? I confirmed my interview yesterday but still didn't receive anything

My app says due october 4th..did lmu do another extension for folks due to the storm?

My app says due october 4th..did lmu do another extension for folks due to the storm?

The portal will still say that. I received an email saying I got an interview...I think that's how they're going to do it. I even checked my portal and it still says under review (after getting the interview email) so it's confusing lol. Make sure to keep checking spam because that's where my email was hidden

The portal will still say that. I received an email saying I got an interview...I think that's how they're going to do it. I even checked my portal and it still says under review (after getting the interview email) so it's confusing lol. Make sure to keep checking spam because that's where my email was hidden
I dont see anything in spam, Ive been checking LMU on my search function every few days. Now I'm worried, I did call though.

Last edited:

I was just online checking my LMU app and I noticed that mine says Oct 4th now too. I think it may be a glitch because they haven't extended any deadlines to my knowledge (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, now I'm paranoid about important emails going to spam haha. Going to start checking it daily just in case.

For anyone feeling like they are the only one who hasn't heard anything, I submitted in August and haven't heard anything yet either. So you aren't alone :) trying to stay distracted while waiting for some news!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted in June and have heard nothing. My page also says Oct 4th. I have been checking both my email and spam folders daily. Just trying to be patient...

The first day I got my email I completed the survey. Two days later, I got my packet of info.

The first day I got my email I completed the survey. Two days later, I got my packet of info.

You mean your interview invite email or the original "you completed your app" email?

Last year I didn’t hear anything until mid November & then interviewed in February. It’s a long process but try to stay calm and definitely check your spam folder!

You mean your interview invite email or the original "you completed your app" email?

I haven't really able to access my supplemental app since I submitted, I have this weird glitch with a red envelope with an X in it and I can't access the portal.

I submitted my app Sep 10th and got a confirmation the same day.

I got an invite to interview Oct 2nd. The same night, I took the "survey" and chose my interview date.

Oct 3rd I received the packet of info about the interview date.

Second application cycle, first time applying to LMU!!

I searched for opinions on LMU from current students but I couldn't find anything, not even on the "pros/cons" thread of schools.

Any students from LMU want to weigh in on their education? What they like/dislike about the curriculum and facilities? What you wish you would have known?

In addition, the lack of hospital and the clinical rotations of the last year honestly freak me out. My girlfriend will hopefully be attending a school near me while I am in vet school. If we both moved to Harrogate and I had to get up and move around the last year, it would be a very difficult time.

Has anyone heard of any other rounds of interview notifications?

I have not! I submitted (9/18) was just verified this last Monday (10/15) so I have been anxiously checking my email. Last year it looked like there was another round of invites sent out at the end of October for interview dates at the end of November.

I also had the weird glitch with my supplemental application and it still has not been fixed. I called admissions and they checked and said that 100% have all of my info and that it would be fixed soon and I would receive an email when it was, but that was a week ago and nothing has changed.

I had the weird glitch with my application too. My heart dropped because I thought this meant I was rejected (when I dragged to my desktop it says decline letter.) However, I tried logging in on safari (I was on chrome previously) and the glitch was gone. It may just be a google thing!

I searched for opinions on LMU from current students but I couldn't find anything, not even on the "pros/cons" thread of schools.

Any students from LMU want to weigh in on their education? What they like/dislike about the curriculum and facilities? What you wish you would have known?

In addition, the lack of hospital and the clinical rotations of the last year honestly freak me out. My girlfriend will hopefully be attending a school near me while I am in vet school. If we both moved to Harrogate and I had to get up and move around the last year, it would be a very difficult time.
I have few “pros” and many “cons” if you want to PM me. The pass rate was 93% (what we were told in class about a month ago). Going to a private school can feel a bit “predatory” at times so it’s a big decision to make.

If anyone is getting the red envelope with an X through it under their supplemental application in the portal, DON'T FREAK OUT. I had that image under my application since like the first day I submitted and I received an interview, that picture means nothing.

For those who have interviewed at LMU before, any things I should review before my interview? Any tips are appreciated!

I applied here, but when I talked to a few vets about where I was applying, they told me not to because of the clinical year situation. They just said that if I had any other option, they would suggest I go to a different school even if it was an island school because it makes your last year less stressful. I chose to anyways because I figured that was something I would handle i if/when it happens.

I was granted an interview but have never seen the LMU portal. Does anyone know the site used for the portal? Is it just the application page? I just want it for future reference

I applied here, but when I talked to a few vets about where I was applying, they told me not to because of the clinical year situation. They just said that if I had any other option, they would suggest I go to a different school even if it was an island school because it makes your last year less stressful. I chose to anyways because I figured that was something I would handle i if/when it happens.
An island school is still gonna be stressful though??? You have to arrange to do clinics at a different school. Also find housing for that full year you’re there. And you won’t know anyone really?

An island school is still gonna be stressful though??? You have to arrange to do clinics at a different school. Also find housing for that full year you’re there. And you won’t know anyone really?

thats just what they told me, idk. they said that island schools set you up with a place for clinicals and you just have to go to one school, but LMU you have to set stuff up yourself, idk how accurate it is.

I was granted an interview but have never seen the LMU portal. Does anyone know the site used for the portal? Is it just the application page? I just want it for future reference
It's just the supplemental application page I believe! Mine just says 100% and "Congratulations! Your application is under review." Although, many people have reported that this hasn't changed for them even after they were granted an interview.

For people who received an interview already - when did you submit your application?

LMU doesn’t differentiate between IS or OOS.
I knew they don't look at that for acceptance or tuition but wasn't sure how they were organizing interviews. I know some people interviewed in the spring last year but are oos so I guess I'm confused on their admissions process. Do they continually offer interviews as they go through the applications?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

I knew they don't look at that for acceptance or tuition but wasn't sure how they were organizing interviews. I know some people interviewed in the spring last year but are oos so I guess I'm confused on their admissions process. Do they continually offer interviews as they go through the applications?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Yes. They interview for months and months and there generally have been invites about a month or a month and a half before the interview. I was offered to interview in early November two cycles ago. There were many people from far away states at my interview. It’s not just “in the same state applicants” then “out of the state applicants” after. Majority of their decisions are kept until spring, but some acceptances are sent out a few weeks after those couple of people’s interviews. They don’t prioritize in state over out of state. They want whoever will make up the best class, wherever they come from.

I understand that interviews are an ongoing process through months. Do you know when acceptance and rejection letters are sent? Are they all sent in one batch or do they send them out when they decide?

The clinical year scheduling etc. is not anywhere near as bad as this thread has made it out to be. Clinical year schedules are built here using computer software algorithms. It is true that you may seek out elective experiences on your own, but these must go through a site visit and be approved by the office of clinical relations. There are many clinical affiliate sites that are considered primary and secondary sites that you do not have to seek/schedule any clinical rotations on your own. Even if you do find an elective of your own and get it approved, it still goes through the scheduling algorithm. So, in a nutshell you DO NOT find your own clinical sites/rotations unless there is an elective site you would like to attend that has not already been approved. There was some craziness with scheduling/housing the first year, but this has mostly been sorted out now that two classes have been in rotations.

Also, as far as housing is concerned, a large portion of clinical affiliates provide student housing, know where you can rent places for your stay and so forth. You generally know your housing arrangements well in advance before your clinical year even begins. There are also many clinical sites within reasonable driving distance from the school. So, you have the option of trying to schedule rotations with your friends so you can carpool to these sites. You can request specific dates, schedule rotations at the same time as your friends and many other options that make clinical year scheduling very workable.

The education you will receive at LMU is comparable to the education you will receive at any institution operating under any status of accreditation by the AVMA COE. The NAVLE pass rate(as noted above) has already far exceeded the minimum pass rates set forth by the COE. There are world class faculty here in every field that are fully invested in student’s education and teaching. The hybrid distributed model of education that is being advanced by LMU and Midwestern University have been utilized by educators in human medicine for decades. You will be well versed in the theory of medicine and adept at clinical skills by the time your clinical year rolls around.

LMU is located in a very rural and somewhat impoverished area of the country.......this is in part due to economic issues that occurred in the past. However, the area is rapidly becoming more populated and culturally diverse. For those who are not used to rural life or southern culture, they may be in some degree of culture shock upon visiting here. Also, professionalism is highly emphasized in our curriculum, including a dress code etc. I know that some people may have aversions to dress codes, rules and such.

I hope this helps to address your questions.

Last edited:
The clinical year scheduling etc. is not anywhere near as bad as this thread has made it out to be. Clinical year schedules are built here using computer software algorithms. It is true that you may seek out elective experiences on your own, but these must go through a site visit and be approved by the office of clinical relations. There are many clinical affiliate sites that are considered primary and secondary sites that you do not have to seek/schedule any clinical rotations on your own. Even if you do find an elective of your own and get it approved, it still goes through the scheduling algorithm. So, in a nutshell you DO NOT find your own clinical sites/rotations unless there is an elective site you would like to attend that has not already been approved. There was some craziness with scheduling/housing the first year, but this has mostly been sorted out now that two classes have been in rotations.

Also, as far as housing is concerned, a large portion of clinical affiliates provide student housing, know where you can rent places for your stay and so forth. You generally know your housing arrangements well in advance before your clinical year even begins. There are also many clinical sites within reasonable driving distance from the school. So, you have the option of trying to schedule rotations with your friends so you can carpool to these sites. You can request specific dates, schedule rotations at the same time as your friends and many other options that make clinical year scheduling very workable.

The education you will receive at LMU is comparable to the education you will receive at any institution operating under any status of accreditation by the AVMA COE. The NAVLE pass rate(as noted above) has already far exceeded the minimum pass rates set forth by the COE. There are world class faculty here in every field that are fully invested in student’s education and teaching. The hybrid distributed model of education that is being advanced by LMU and Midwestern University have been utilized by educators in human medicine for decades. You will be well versed in the theory of medicine and adept at clinical skills by the time your clinical year rolls around.

LMU is located in a very rural and somewhat impoverished area of the company.......this is in part due to economic issues that occurred in the past. However, the area is rapidly becoming more populated and culturally diverse. For those who are not used to rural life or southern culture, they may be in some degree of culture shock upon visiting here. Also, professionalism is highly emphasized in our curriculum, including a dress code etc. I know that some people may have aversions to dress codes, rules and such.

I hope this helps to address your questions.

Hi, was just wondering if a nose stud is considered an issue in LMU's dress code. I am wearing a coverup for my interview, but was wondering if that would not be allowed in the school. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure this would violate the dress code. I see students that have them sometimes. You can search the LMU-CVM website for the student handbook that will give you a better idea about the dress code.

I'm not sure if a negative opinion is allowed of the school on this thread, but I interviewed there and... wow. My own opinion that I formulated, along with the opinions of others that I have heard have left me with no desire to attend the school. If someone wants my full, unfiltered opinion, they can DM me. But while I was there, several things struck me to be far from desirable.

I think the LMU program has a lot of merit, and in time can become an extremely respectable option--but at the moment, I consider it a step up from the "can't get into a school in the states, go to a Caribbean school" route. I think both LMU and a Caribbean school can produce qualified vets who can do their job just as well as a graduate from any other school, but it is not an environment or curriculum I would want to experience for myself if I had any other option.

, I consider it a step up from the "can't get into a school in the states, go to a Caribbean school" route.

I consider this to be a mischaracterization. There are multiple students here(including myself) who had options to attend other schools in the states, but did not. For some folks this even included their in-state institution.

I consider this to be a mischaracterization. There are multiple students here(including myself) who had options to attend other schools in the states, but did not. For some folks this even included their in-state institution.

I apologize if it sounds like I am trying to be contentious, but that is just the feeling I have garnered. In fact, that is almost word-for-word what a student from LMU told me except she didn't consider it a step up from the Caribbean. The multiple students opinions I heard at the interview were extremely underwhelming (the following are just three particular students).

"Do you like it here?"
"Sure." "Yeah it's great." "Yep, it's good."

"Was this your first choice?"
"No." "No, I got rejected from the other schools I applied to." "I chose this over my in-state because I didn't want to live in my state anymore."

"I know students don't have a lot of time, but what do you think of the area? What do you do for fun?"
"Great hiking! But that's about it, unless you want to go to Knoxville." "Hiking with my dog." "Watch TV."

Besides student opinions, there were several different aspects of the school that had me worried. But I don't want to sound like I am bashing the school or the program. It is a new program, and as they said their 87% NAVLE pass rate for their first class was well above average, but their first class only graduated a year ago. Most programs have a pass rate of 97% or higher. LMU will absolutely provide you with all the tools and education you need to be veterinarian. Their facilities seemed very new and manicured. But they did not seem nearly as developed as some vet schools I have toured, and if I am going to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for my education, I do not want to feel like I am not in a completely satisfactory environment.

I do not want to feel like I am not in a completely satisfactory environment.
"I know students don't have a lot of time, but what do you think of the area? What do you do for fun?"
"Great hiking! But that's about it, unless you want to go to Knoxville." "Hiking with my dog." "Watch TV."

I gather from this that your negativity comes mainly from the rural setting of Lincoln Memorial University. As I said in a post above, the rural setting here is not going to be ideal for everyone. With that being said, living in a large city with traffic, abundant noise, fast pace etc. is not ideal for me. I love living in a rural community and couldn't imagine anything different. It is in the mission statement of Lincoln Memorial University to serve the needs of Appalachia.........With this in mind it is important to remember that Appalachia is a predominantly rural and underserved region of the United States.

Of course there are students here who were not accepted to their in-state school and came here as a second choice. There are people who are here who were accepted at multiple out of state institutions and came here. There are people here who were accepted at multiple institutions including their in-state and came here. So, there are all types of situations represented by the student body.

Looking back on years of NAVLE scores from the beginnings of other schools, the NAVLE scores here are on par. NAVLE scores will continue to increase each year.......I would expect scores in the high 90s by the graduation of the 2019 and 2020 classes.