Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks aneftp, I do appreciate the help, I understand GI locums may not be your niche though! Any suggestions on how I can start this networking during fellowship?I’ve had over 2 decades to network.
I do try to help newer grads out. Just a lot of networking.
GI is a different beast. So lucrative 2005-2015. Many of my friends sold out their GI centers entities to surgery partners , Amsurg etc. and they also took a cut of anesthesia collections.
Now they just want to be hospital employees.
Every procedurist contract for locums is different
My gen surgeon friend gets $3000 flat for 8 hrs than bills $250-hr after 3pm. So he has tons of incentive to operate after 3pm while doing locums
Some Gi docs do scopes for $200/per scope at VA hospitals for fee for service but they tell me the turnover is slow and the most they can scope is 10 in a day cause the staff is not motivated.
I was born a couple of decades too late to make money in 2005-2015, but hoping I can ride the locums and facility fees of the late 2020s to retire early 3 years from finishing fellowship. I'm just wondering if some of the public locums rates I'm seeing for GI are actually real because I don't know any GIs that actually grind locums like you guys do. I see some offers for $4-5k/day, with $400-$500/hr rates, which makes me wonder how much the locums companies and vendors are extracting from the transaction. But I would be okay with living in the middle of nowhere and grinding these jobs for a while if it opens the possibility of retiring by age 35.
Locum Gastroenterology Physician job in Las Cruces, NM - Make $450/hr - $500/hr in Las Cruces, New Mexico at Aya Locums · DocCafe
Apply for Gastroenterology Physician jobs in Las Cruces, New Mexico on DocCafe
Locums in Columbus GA/$4400 Day (Gastroenterology) in Columbus, Georgia at Aya Locums · DocCafe
Apply for Gastroenterology Physician jobs in Columbus, Georgia on DocCafe
Locum Gastroenterology Physician job in Tacoma, WA - Make $4,000/day - $4,500/day in Tacoma, Washington at Aya Locums · DocCafe
Apply for Gastroenterology Physician jobs in Tacoma, Washington on DocCafe
Locum Gastroenterology Physician job in Alabaster, AL - Make $4,000/day - $4,500/day in Alabaster, Alabama at Aya Locums · DocCafe
Apply for Gastroenterology Physician jobs in Alabaster, Alabama on DocCafe
Last edited: