Loma Linda Expectants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How is the interview, guys?!?!
Could you guys share with us, please...

Members don't see this ad.

i got a call for an interview today. anyone else get one too?

Members don't see this ad :)

congrats!! so if u get accepted to LLU as well, where will u go?

congrats!! so if u get accepted to LLU as well, where will u go?

If you decide not to attend their interview, mention my name so I can get an interview invite....hehhehhe....:)

I got a call as well....I live 45 minutes away so its not that bad I hope i get accepted to that school...Mine is jan 11

wish me luck guys

When did you complete your application, if you dont mind sharing? I completed mine on 10/23. I only receive one email so far on 11/7 saying that all items were received. :(

I sent mine in around the same time but the official transcripts took forever and they didnt get them until after novermber 1st..I hope to see some people from these forums there too.

Anyone going to LLU interview tomorrow? I hope that I'm not the only one. Cheers!

i have an interview there tomorrow as well perhaps ill see you there

i'm still waiting too! i sent them my updated transcripts a couple weeks ago.

dudeee they didn't invite me?? i'm heartbroken. i got an invite from USC and western! why not loma linda! oh well haha.

i think there will be plenty more interviews in these few months to come, and u may be invited to one of those. be patient :) i know it's easier said than done, but i've waited a whole year for my chance for an interview and i got in! good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm still waiting too! i sent them my updated transcripts a couple weeks ago.
good idea..i completely forgot that loma linda isn't part of pharmacas. i will send my updated transcripts today.

i think there will be plenty more interviews in these few months to come, and u may be invited to one of those. be patient :) i know it's easier said than done, but i've waited a whole year for my chance for an interview and i got in! good luck :)
you're right...i also shouldn't be complaining. they received my application the day before the deadline (8/31) so i'm guessing if i do get an interview, it will be one of the later dates

I haven't heard anything either, I sent the application around end of August but one of my recommender sent his LOR by deadline, which is the end of October. So I don't know if I have a chance for an interview. I'm wondering if I should send the updated transcript now (my GPA went down from 3.78 to 3.67 after the Fall semester), or should I wait for Winter grade (we have Final next week and hopefully the grade would be pushed up a bit). I just hope I can receive a response soon. Can someone give me an advice?

I haven't heard anything either, I sent the application around end of August but one of my recommender sent his LOR by deadline, which is the end of October. So I don't know if I have a chance for an interview. I'm wondering if I should send the updated transcript now (my GPA went down from 3.78 to 3.67 after the Fall semester), or should I wait for Winter grade (we have Final next week and hopefully the grade would be pushed up a bit). I just hope I can receive a response soon. Can someone give me an advice?

I would call the school and ask to "check on your status" ... that will show them that you are interested. Maybe make another call a few days later asking about your transcripts.

I would call the school and ask to "check on your status" ... that will show them that you are interested. Maybe make another call a few days later asking about your transcripts.

I called LLU, USC, and WesternU. Here is what I got:

1. LLU: " We're ahead this year so we will be done interviewing by the end of February. We MIGHT extend this process to early March if we need to."

2. WesternU: " Your file is with admission committee and is complete."

3. USC (I interviewed with them in November) : " We reconsider your application again after each interview. We are a little behind this year."

Anyway, nothing significant.

I called LLU, USC, and WesternU. Here is what I got:

1. LLU: " We're ahead this year so we will be done interviewing by the end of February. We MIGHT extend this process to early March if we need to."

2. WesternU: " Your file is with admission committee and is complete."

3. USC (I interviewed with them in November) : " We reconsider your application again after each interview. We are a little behind this year."

Anyway, nothing significant.

Thanks for the info..I am waiting from response from all three. So LLU did not even bother to look at your file did they. When I call them they never want to take the time to even look ..they just give me vague answers that apply to everyone. Let me know if they actually looked at your file. Thanks.
Oh and for Western..what does that mean that your file is with admission committee...does that mean they are reviewing you for an interview?

Thanks for the info..I am waiting from response from all three. So LLU did not even bother to look at your file did they. When I call them they never want to take the time to even look ..they just give me vague answers that apply to everyone. Let me know if they actually looked at your file. Thanks.
Oh and for Western..what does that mean that your file is with admission committee...does that mean they are reviewing you for an interview?

1. LLU; They said if I haven't heard anything, it means that my application has not been looked at. I applied in September. And, after pushing the operator, she finally put me on hold for 5 min to check my file and confirmed that everything has been received. Well, this info is on their web anyway.

2. WesternU: She means she doesn't have it with her at the time because the admission committee is having it in their room. I don't think it means anything like an interview though I desperately hope for one...

Good luck!

2. WesternU: She means she doesn't have it with her at the time because the admission committee is having it in their room. I don't think it means anything like an interview though I desperately hope for one...

Good luck![/quote]

I had the same response when i emailed Vanessa to sk about my app status.

1. LLU; They said if I haven't heard anything, it means that my application has not been looked at. I applied in September. And, after pushing the operator, she finally put me on hold for 5 min to check my file and confirmed that everything has been received. Well, this info is on their web anyway.

Good luck!

thanks again guys. as far as LLU saying that if you have not heard anything, it means that your application has not been looked at. If they are saying that they are almost done with their interviews..does that mean if they havent looked at our app that means they will never do? i think we pay enough money for our application to AT LEAST be looked at. this school has been really bothering me lately.

thanks again guys. as far as LLU saying that if you have not heard anything, it means that your application has not been looked at. If they are saying that they are almost done with their interviews..does that mean if they havent looked at our app that means they will never do? i think we pay enough money for our application to AT LEAST be looked at. this school has been really bothering me lately.

If they haven't invite you for an interview then the chances of getting into LLU is slim. Sorry.

I called LLU today. The lady whom I talked to seem pretty nice. She said that they have all my files completed, but they are almost done with their interview and they are almost full. So, the chances that I will be getting an interview is very slim. And, she told me that they will be sending out rejection mails in mid-march. :( I guess i will be getting one, although I really wish that I will get an interview invite instead. So hard to be positive.

Don't worry yet. I only got an interview invite on 1/24, interviewed on 2/1, and was accepted yesterday! At my interview they said they had offered 50 acceptances but hadn't gotten all the responses back. They said they want a class of 68 or 69, and 18 were at my interview session. I think even if they accept all of us from my interview, they need to have one more interview session just in case people change their minds or go elsewhere. Good luck.

Don't worry yet. I only got an interview invite on 1/24, interviewed on 2/1, and was accepted yesterday! At my interview they said they had offered 50 acceptances but hadn't gotten all the responses back. They said they want a class of 68 or 69, and 18 were at my interview session. I think even if they accept all of us from my interview, they need to have one more interview session just in case people change their minds or go elsewhere. Good luck.

if that is the case, I hope they call me soon!

I got into the alternative list. I thought the interview went very well and my stats should get me in.

Anyone gets a call from LLU for Apir 18 alternate list interview?

I applied to LLU and I haven't heard anything back from them.. I contacted them and they told me to wait because they're still interviewing. It's already April and I guess I'm losing hope???

Hi! I got a phone call for the interview on April 18 on Monday around 9 AM.

congrats on the interview Wongton! :)

also, for those already accepted and planning to attend, please join the facebook group for LLU c/o 2012 if you guys haven't already. there's only 1 other member there besides me, and it's pretty lonely there if you ask me :oops:

I am on the same boat as you. I am still waiting. They are still inviting people for next week alternate list.
I applied to LLU and I haven't heard anything back from them.. I contacted them and they told me to wait because they're still interviewing. It's already April and I guess I'm losing hope???

I am on the same boat as you. I am still waiting. They are still inviting people for next week alternate list.

Their last interview is on May 2nd. I haven't heard anything. No more Hope for me!