Loma Linda University Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cangara

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I still haven't receive any letter from LLU, either rejection or invitation. I know that some of you have been interviewed, but are there anymore interviews that they will conduct anytime soon? Any clue when will they send out the last letter for interview invitations?

So tell me, what's up with asking non-native English people to take the TOEFL exam. Do they even care if you received your college degree in the US? If so, will they waive it?

:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Am I the only one who applied to LLU? :eek:

cangara said:
Hey guys,

I still haven't receive any letter from LLU, either rejection or invitation. I know that some of you have been interviewed, but are there anymore interviews that they will conduct anytime soon? Any clue when will they send out the last letter for interview invitations?

So tell me, what's up with asking non-native English people to take the TOEFL exam. Do they even care if you received your college degree in the US? If so, will they waive it?

Members don't see this ad :)
cangara said:
Thanks Apteka, but I was wondering how come I only saw one posting that talked about him getting an interiew. I assume that the school is still revieiwing the applications?
Do you or anyone knows when the letters will be mailed.

I think someone posted that they're a little behind in sending out those letters due to more apps being turned in than expected. You could always call and see if you can get a rough estimate?

cangara said:
Hey guys,

did you receive any word on whether or not they received all your material? i still havent heard anything from them - online or snail mail.

I received a receipt charge in regards to the application fee. Also, I received a confirmation letter stating that they needed my transcript (eventhough I sent it two months ago from the time I received the letter) and my TOEFL scores. I called them and their responce was to disregard the letter regarding my missing transcript, since the admission office is too busy to update the system or even check all of their mail. About the TOEFL, I had to write a letter to the commitee if they can waive the exam since I received my high school and college degrees here in the US. You did reveive a receipt and letter of confirmation right?

I might be wrong, but on november 2004 I saw a posting in this forum that someone already received an interview. I am not sure if the posting was pertaining to the last year or this year. Can you remember that posting?

I am thinking of calling the admission office and ask them when will they send out the letters. If you haven't received anything from them, my advice is to call them because maybe they didn't receive your application (hopefully I am wrong). Good luck to us and keep me posted if you have any new update.

pharmdsj said:
did you receive any word on whether or not they received all your material? i still havent heard anything from them - online or snail mail.

cangara said:
Hey guys,

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=168523

I am considering withdrawing my application from LLU for several reasons. While it is true that they are bombarded with more than twice as many applications this year, I am completely unsatisfied with the way they have handled everything--leaving applicants hanging for months, therefore the school and the applicants are not on the same page. For instance, I still have not received the confirmation letter Brian said he would send out with regard to my 1/3/2005 interview (he said he set this date but it's not set in stone until he sends me my confirmation--whatever. I've lost interest). While a good applicant should call to check on the status of their application, I think it's ridiculous for their applicants to call very often JUST to get info on their app and to be constantly worrying about the status of their app b/c the school doesn't give them any (or at least not a lot) of info. In summary, it is also a SOP's responsiblity to alert the applicants of the status, whether it be good or bad, rather than leaving the applicants hanging. For those who are applying next year, I highly recommend saving your money (and time) and apply elsewhere, despite the good things some people have mentioned in this forum (like their campus and curriculum)... or at least until they find a new way of better informing their applicants.

Waiting is a part of the game, period. When I applied to school at UW, decisions were not announced until the end of May. A few select people (10% of the class) were offered spots in March. The pharmacy admissions process is much different than the medical school admissions process. Pharmacy schools tend to consider large groups or the entire pool of interviewees at one sitting, whereas medical schools tend to perpetually evaluate and make offers shortly after interviews. So, if you are one of the first in a group to interview, you may have to wait awhile to find out if you are accepted. This is not a situation unique to LLU, by any means.

It is never the school's responsibility to give you any type of update on your application, unless they have specifically agreed to do so.

bananaface said:
Waiting is a part of the game, period. When I applied to school at UW, decisions were not announced until the end of May. A few select people (10% of the class) were offered spots in March. The pharmacy admissions process is much different than the medical school admissions process. Pharmacy schools tend to consider large groups or the entire pool of interviewees at one sitting, whereas medical schools tend to perpetually evaluate and make offers shortly after interviews. So, if you are one of the first in a group to interview, you may have to wait awhile to find out if you are accepted. This is not a situation unique to LLU, by any means.

It is never the school's responsibility to give you any type of update on your application, unless they have specifically agreed to do so.

I was referring to getting the interviews, not waiting for acceptance or rejection after going to the interview. But at any rate, I suppose it differs from school to school, but I thought most schools let you know (invitation to interview or rejection) within 2 months from the time you submit your application. It'll be nearly 3 months (in about 2 weeks) since the priority deadline date and still no word...if you ask me, that's a bit long. At this point, I wonder how late people who submitted their apps by the December deadline will get their invitations to interviews. Great school, beautiful campus, good curriculum, but I think they're a bit unorganized.

A few month wait is not atypical. For example, UW takes apps on Dec 1st. And, some interview invitations don't go out until March. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen whether you worry about it or not. So, relax and be patient, as long as you have done everything you can at this point.