Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess I'll c u during the graduation ceremony then!

Not likely, I walked in December. I only refiled grad check in Feb because they wouldn't let me apply for Stats after completion of my degree.:mad:
Cost me another $35 bucks (20 to refile + 15 for late file):mad: :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Not likely, I walked in December. I only refiled grad check in Feb because they wouldn't let me apply for Stats after completion of my degree.:mad:
Cost me another $35 bucks (20 to refile + 15 for late file):mad: :mad:

:confused: oh really...sorry to hear that...
that seems so inflexible...u can't register for Stats after u graduate?!:eek:

I am wondering what the quarter system at LLU will be like. They require u to take 18-19 units per quarter, which seems a pretty busy load to me considering I am attending a quarter system univ. so the experience of taking 18 units workload in 10 weeks can be pretty demanding. So is it like the UC quarter system where you have 2 midterms in between and a final at the end. All the other pharm schools in Cali seem to be semester-based so why did LLU choose to set up a quarter-based system. (to increase the pace and stress of the class)? Perhaps these are questions that are better directed to the professors and faculty of the pharm program...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering about that too? I will definetely email them and see what they said?

I was wondering about that too? I will definetely email them and see what they said?
hey Dr.Biassi,
can you please tell me that how many students loma linda accepts each year for Pharm.D.? i mean how many seats they have?.and do they require PCAT?
thank you.

Correct me if I'm wrong Dr. Biassi, but I believe they seat a class of 65. They do not require pcat.

I am wondering what the quarter system at LLU will be like. They require u to take 18-19 units per quarter, which seems a pretty busy load to me considering I am attending a quarter system univ. so the experience of taking 18 units workload in 10 weeks can be pretty demanding. So is it like the UC quarter system where you have 2 midterms in between and a final at the end. All the other pharm schools in Cali seem to be semester-based so why did LLU choose to set up a quarter-based system. (to increase the pace and stress of the class)? Perhaps these are questions that are better directed to the professors and faculty of the pharm program...:)

Hi Mokabear, I come from a UC also and I'm kinda glad its on the quarter system becuase classes tend to go by a lot faster. We get more vacation time this way also during the summer especially, which is always nice. I'm sure they've structured the program so its doable, it a matter of adjusting just like anything else. But ya, I had the same concerns at first......

hey Dr.Biassi,
can you please tell me that how many students loma linda accepts each year for Pharm.D.? i mean how many seats they have?.and do they require PCAT?
thank you.

Hi, I know that all 7 cali pharmacy schools do not require the PCAT, including LLU. And yes the class will be topped off at 65.

hey Dr.Biassi,
thank you.

wannabePharmD11 is right. they do not reuire the PCAt and they are increasing the number to 65 this year. Let me tell you guys this!!! For all of the single guys that will be at LLU, we are going to have some hotties in our class year 2011 !!!! I met like three of them already!!! lol lol lol lol lol lol

wannabePharmD11 is right. they do not reuire the PCAt and they are increasing the number to 65 this year. Let me tell you guys this!!! For all of the single guys, we are going ti have some hottie in our class year 2011 !!!! I met like three of them already!!! lol lol lol lol lol lol

Easy there, cowboy. :D But seriously, you are making me jealous. I wish I had applied to Loma Linda. Man, you guys are so lucky...

Hi everyone, Im actually new to this site.. I finally got an interview for Loma Linda after waiting for months.. ! I've had a few interviews but yeah.. looks pretty bad so far for those..Any tips anyone would like to give me??Thank you! :)

Hi everyone, Im actually new to this site.. I finally got an interview for Loma Linda after waiting for months.. ! I've had a few interviews but yeah.. looks pretty bad so far for those..Any tips anyone would like to give me??Thank you! :)

Be confident and top off your responses with examples in your file. The interview were really relax so don't sweat. It is also open file. The questions were hard.

Does LLU has anymore interview after this Friday/

Members don't see this ad :)
Be confident and top off your responses with examples in your file. The interview were really relax so don't sweat. It is also open file. The questions were hard.

Thanks! i hope i do ok..my last chance to stay in cali...!

Congrats to those who were admitted/ received an interview!

Would you mind sharing your stats (including when you applied) please? I just want to know what my chances are... it feels like I'm sliding on thin ice now.. but there's still that possibility, possibly, possible.. :p

And for those who were denied, I'm so sorry about it. If you don't mind, could you please share your stats too (including when you applied)? Thanks.

Here are my stats as of the time I applied:

Application submitted: Dec 15
Interviewed: March 2nd
Accepted: March 5th
B.S. Biology w/ Minor in Chemistry (May 2007)
Overall gpa: 3.59
Science gpa: 3.47

apps submitted: 8/7/06
date interviewed: 12/8/06
(the school went on a retreat and there was winter break... so it took what seemed like forever to hear back from them)
date accepted: 1/10/06
overal gpa: 3.34
science gpa: 3.09
B.S. in biology (2005)

Here are my stats as of the time I applied:

Application submitted: Nov 03
Interviewed: feb 2nd
Accepted: feb $th
B.S. Psychology/Chemistry (May 2007)
Overall gpa: 3.4
Science gpa: 3.4

I still haven't heard anything from Loma Linda and I'm getting nervous. I am hoping I still have a chance at an interview but I hear that most of the spots are full now. I hope I still have a chance. Does anyone know for sure when the last interview is?

Application submitted: Dec 15
Interviewed: Feb 2nd
Accepted: Feb 5th
BS Chemistry (ACS) 2007
Overall 3.3
Science 3.4

may be a far stretch here...

but i'm looking for a female roommate for this fall... anyone? or how do people usually go about for living arrangement? feel free to PM me.

I'm also looking for some roomates.... I'm a guy so guys..,.. on or two to live off-campus. I applied to the oncampus housing but they told me already I need to start looking for some apt off campus

I'm so depressed
What do I do, I think that I got a C- in Anotomy. Can I make It up in summer before i start school or do you all think that they wll resind my acceptence. I feel lost and alone. I don't know what to do. I have aced every class up until the last class I need. I hate myself. I can't beleive I did this to myself.

I'm so depressed
What do I do, I think that I got a C- in Anotomy. Can I make It up in summer before i start school or do you all think that they wll resind my acceptence. I feel lost and alone. I don't know what to do. I have aced every class up until the last class I need. I hate myself. I can't beleive I did this to myself.

Are you sure you got a C-? Contact LLU first to see what they suggest you should do. Maybe try contacting your professor and maybe ask if there's anyway to bring it up a little bit. It doesn't hurt to try! Are you on a quarter system? Why not take it next quarter or at any school who offers anatomy in the summer and ends early? You must act now so you can ensure your seat at LLU, if it's your first choice!

I'm so depressed

Don't be depressed. LLU will let you retake it over the summer. Why don't you do that. Call them and tell them and that you will take it over the summer. They don't accept C-. They want to to retake both physics over the summer and I'm doing that.

I'm sure once they accept you they'll work with you to make sure you get in. I've heard that that happens with various schools. Western said they would assist anyone accepted to keep their acceptance. I'm thinking you should be fine.

They rejected me without interview. but I've still got USC, Western and OSU to hear from. I'm hoping I'll get in somewhere.

farmercyst, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. :( I read you felt pretty good about your SC one right? I'm pretty sure you'll get in SOMEWHERE--you're on here too much NOT to get in! I'm still waiting on USC and Western as well.

wow congrats to those who got accepted! if i knew that they only accept 65 people, then i wouldn't apply! :D that application wasted my time and money!! but i thought, my gpa is not that bad!! then what the hell?? hihi excuse me

that application wasted my time and money!! but i thought, my gpa is not that bad!! then what the hell?? hihi excuse me

lol
they rejected me without interview, too. ^^;;;

I receieved a C by 2 points I feel so much better. I gong to try and get an A next quarter so they don't think that I can't

For those of you who have deposited the $500, how long did it take for them to confirm that they've received it? I mailed it out last thursday and according to my usps tracking number, they still haven't received it! I'm kinda scared....:(

For those of you who have deposited the $500, how long did it take for them to confirm that they've received it? I mailed it out last thursday and according to my usps tracking number, they still haven't received it! I'm kinda scared....:(

And you live in california? I'm on the east coast. They received mine a week after I mailed it. When I called them they told me they received it and three days later the cashed it. try to call them and see if they received it.

farmercyst, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. :( I read you felt pretty good about your SC one right? I'm pretty sure you'll get in SOMEWHERE--you're on here too much NOT to get in! I'm still waiting on USC and Western as well.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been watching all "my" threads (OSU,USC, Western, and LLU) I should hear from OSU and Western this week. USC in 2-3. I should know at least something by the end of April at least if I get rejected. If I'm not rejected, my worst fear is the eternal waitlist. It's going to be really hard to get a new lease, organize, and move within 2 weeks if I get accepted in like late July/early August. That's provided I eventually get accepted. I went ED hoping to avoid all this.:mad:

farmercyst, how did you like OSU? I turned down my OSU interview last minute when I found out I got into LLU, but now I wonder if I should've just gone. Oregon is such a pretty place!

Btw, Rick told me that they already got my stupid check. The post office's online tracking system sucks!!

farmercyst, how did you like OSU? I turned down my OSU interview last minute when I found out I got into LLU, but now I wonder if I should've just gone. Oregon is such a pretty place!

Btw, Rick told me that they already got my stupid check. The post office's online tracking system sucks!!

Environmentally speaking, I loved it. There are a few logistical problems. Primarily housing due to the third year being 90 miles from Corvallis. Commuting stinks, relocating with 2 kids stinks, either way there will be probs. The rotations are also all over the state because you don't have the concentration of pharmacies like you do in SoCal. My wife wouldn't see me for 6 weeks at a time during rotations. Again with 2 kids, kinda stinks for her. I would go in a heartbeat if I got accepted (I'm kind of running out of options), but it's not a decision I take lightly.

(Sorry for the threadjack. I'll PM next time.)

Hi everyone! :)
It's so exciting to see everyone's acceptance posts. Congrats, btw. :) I'm from the class of 2010 (ahem...the best class ever) hehe. If you have any questions about the school (ie: chapel, veggie ways, classes, exams, etc) or even life outside of school, feel free to send me a PM. I look forward to meeting each and everyone one of you in September!

Oh yay! I've been trying to find a current LLU student. Thanks for offering your help. :D

It's so exciting to see everyone's acceptance posts. Congrats, btw. :) I'm from the class of 2010 (ahem...the best class ever) hehe. If you have any questions about the school (ie: chapel, veggie ways, classes, exams, etc) or even life outside of school, feel free to send me a PM. I look forward to meeting each and everyone one of you in September!

Cool I will surely do that!!!! HAve some questions too!!!

Thanks Cheesygal! :)

Hey guys!!! Did anybody try the background search? Are we supposed to pay for that?

Background check?? When are we supposed to do that? I wasn't paying much attention to those things. :eek:

Background check?? When are we supposed to do that? I wasn't paying much attention to those things. :eek:

Login into your student enrollment center and you will see a list of your requirements!!! immunizations, transcript financial aid requirements and so...

i believe we are.

did you do it?
I fill it out without paying at first because it was like $72 and now it is said in my enrollment center-status that the background is filled out and now I have to do a secondary that is $19.. I'm lost!!!!

Login into your student enrollment center and you will see a list of your requirements!!! immunizations, transcript financial aid requirements and so...

How do you get to the student enrollment center online? I tried looking for it but couldn't find it...

How do you get to the student enrollment center online? I tried looking for it but couldn't find it...

Did you receive your student ID and email? if so go to the school website www.llu.edu, then students-> current students-> lluonline(blackboard)-> student login online on the left hand side of the page. you have to register if you didn't do so with your student ID number and your SSN. If you want to login into you email click on lluwbmail on top of the page.