Looking for that Goodness of Fit (Post-Match Vacancy-2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

but.first.coffee.

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else? :)

Let's stay positive and support one another through this process! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just saw this on my fb feed: Friends and colleagues, Talbert House Psychology Internship program (accredited) has moved into post-match clearinghouse to fill several spots. This year there were only 82 participants who did not match post Phase II, and over 300 sites left with open spots. If you know someone who needs an internship and is interested in a wide variety of experiences, please have them send apps our way!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Just saw this on my fb feed: Friends and colleagues, Talbert House Psychology Internship program (accredited) has moved into post-match clearinghouse to fill several spots. This year there were only 82 participants who did not match post Phase II, and over 300 sites left with open spots. If you know someone who needs an internship and is interested in a wide variety of experiences, please have them send apps our way!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I also saw this exact post come across my fb feed (we might know some of the same people or the same person lol). I've refereed a few people here over the last few years, and have also been down that way to do some court-ordered evals of people in their program, and I can say that from what I know of the site, this would be a great experience, especially if you are interested in setting up practice in the Cincinnati/Hamilton Co., area.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone interested in Kingston Internship Consortium and Waterloo Region Psychology Consortium-- I interviewed with both of them in Phase II, feel free to message me!

There are a number of APA approved sites post-match. Folks should be wise and apply for those sites first.

I would hope this doesn't need to be said, but I'm saying it anyway.

Reactions: 1 users
good luck to everyone continuing post match! Good thoughts with you all

If anyone has questions about Nystrom & Associates, feel free to reach out.

Good luck everyone! Having a sleepless night, and saw some open spots on the list that seems to offer decent training!

Sending positive vibes for those out there doing post match vacancy! just putting in a plug for BOP sites that will be announcing post-match vacancies sometime in May (I wish i could be more specific). The unfilled BOP sites were unable to participate in Phase 2 because there wouldn't be enough time for the very tedious process of applying to a federal position with a lengthy HR clearing process. ALL are apa accredited.
1 at Federal Correctional Inst. Terminal Island, CA
1 at Federal Med Ctr, Fort Worth, TX,
3 at Fed Correctional Complex Petersburg,
1 at US Med Ctr for federal prisoners at Springfield, MO,
and i think 1 or 2 openings at Fed Corr Inst in Tallahassee, FL.

Sending positive vibes for those out there doing post match vacancy! just putting in a plug for BOP sites that will be announcing post-match vacancies sometime in May (I wish i could be more specific). The unfilled BOP sites were unable to participate in Phase 2 because there wouldn't be enough time for the very tedious process of applying to a federal position with a lengthy HR clearing process. ALL are apa accredited.
1 at Federal Correctional Inst. Terminal Island, CA
1 at Federal Med Ctr, Fort Worth, TX,
3 at Fed Correctional Complex Petersburg,
1 at US Med Ctr for federal prisoners at Springfield, MO,
and i think 1 or 2 openings at Fed Corr Inst in Tallahassee, FL.
I was told by the Training director at the Fed. Med. Ctr. in Fort Worth that they did not have funding to take on interns this year, and therefore they would not be participating in the match (I received this email during Phase I)- I assume their funding situation changed?

I was told by the Training director at the Fed. Med. Ctr. in Fort Worth that they did not have funding to take on interns this year, and therefore they would not be participating in the match (I received this email during Phase I)- I assume their funding situation changed?

That is the BOP Carswell that you received the e-mail from. BOP Fort Worth is different.

Yes, bigdreamer is right. FMC Carswell terminated their internship program and withdrew from match. FMC Fort Worth, FCI Terminal Island, FCC Petersburg, and FCC Tallahassee are open to apply to. I believe the listing is posted here DOJ Pathways Internship Program Bureau of Prisons Student Trainee (Psychology Predoctoral Intern)
The opening on USAjobs is only open until TOMORROW 5/4 (I have no idea why its only up for a week). All sites are APA accredited. Such short notice but its a great opportunity if you're still in the market for an internship. I'm doing prac at Terminal Island and my supervisor is the Internship Coordinator. She's absolutely great.

They don't quite have the best reputation in the Twin Cities in terms of training.
Hello!

I was thinking of applying here for Phase II and I noticed your comment. Do you know if this is still true for Nystrom and Associates in terms of training?

I lived in that area for a very short time (less than a year) and even in that time heard of their poor reputation.
Jeeze I’m glad I asked.
I was under the impression that if someone is APA accredited, they’re good to go, but I guess not :/

Jeeze I’m glad I asked.
I was under the impression that if someone is APA accredited, they’re good to go, but I guess not :/
My understanding was that the APA has really streamlined the process and made it easier to get accredited in response to the so-called "internship crisis."

Jeeze I’m glad I asked.

APA accreditation is merely the first low bar one has to cross. After that, it takes some experience or digging to suss out reputation. The makeup of the staff can be one sign at some places.