LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halfempty84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new here. I recently decided to switch from premed to prepharm. I've been out of school for 3 years now. I am planning to apply within the next 2 years. I have a quick question for everyone regarding LORs....should I ask for them now from my old profs before they forget who I am, or will they be outdated by the time I apply? Who should the lettters be addressed to since I don't know where I'll be applying?

How many LORs does pre-pharm require? I know everything about pre-med, but clueless about pre=pharm.

Thanks for all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I kind of have to deal with the same situation. I graduated in 06. I applied to 1 school last year and didn't make it, and I'm applying this year.

For many reasons I knew my chances were slim last year( I applied to one school in April :laugh:). I didn't even have all the pre-reqs done. I did it mainly for the recs as well as just to know what the cycle would be like.

I told my profs to keep the rec. on file for this year...and they did. I would say have them write it and keep it it on file or send it to pharmcas...whatever. just don't let them forget you or don't loose touch with them so it's harder for you to ask.

I would say just keep in touch with them. PharmCAS has an online form for the recommendors to fill out their evaluation of you. Most schools require 3 letters, but PharmCAS allows you to submit 4 recommendors, I did that. I figure it can't hurt.
When you are filling out the recommendation portion of the PharmCAS application, it will ask you for your recommendors names and email addresses. It will then send a prompt to the recommendors, giving them a link to fill out the form. They can also mail a letter to PharmCAS, but I think the online form is preferred.
Good luck! I also wanted to go to med school a couple years back, but (thankfully) figured out what I really want in life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I'm new here. I recently decided to switch from premed to prepharm. I've been out of school for 3 years now. I am planning to apply within the next 2 years. I have a quick question for everyone regarding LORs....should I ask for them now from my old profs before they forget who I am, or will they be outdated by the time I apply? Who should the lettters be addressed to since I don't know where I'll be applying?

How many LORs does pre-pharm require? I know everything about pre-med, but clueless about pre=pharm.

Thanks for all your help.

What made you switch to pharmacy?

What made you switch to pharmacy?

One of the main reasons is that I recently got married, and plan to raise a family before I'm 30. I realized that being a pharmacist would offer me more time and flexibility -- plus not as much stress as a physician would have (ie, not being on call at odd hours of the day/night). I still want to stick with the field of healthcare and live comfortably, and so I think this is what I'm looking for.