This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mindoverbody

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first time using this website, please excuse me if I post this in the incorrect area.

I was wondering how hard will it be to recover from my GPA mistakes... and if there is any slight chance of getting accepted to med-school. Right now I'm thinking of majoring in french (I'm fluent in Spanish) or biology (because I want to have enough room for classes without taking summer classes since I'll be traveling abroad and volunteering.)

But, my GPA sucks... :( it's at a 2.3 because I didn't do so well in physics (failed), chemistry (C, I'm retaking), and a music theory class. I can do 2 grade replacements (one which will replace physics) and the other I want to save it for the next physics course (I'm really bad with physics.)

I will be finishing my first year in 2 weeks. Then I will be volunteering again and working in the summer while trying to shadow.

But I'm extremely worried that I won't be able to recover from my GPA..Is it possible to recover?

Members don't see this ad.

I mean in theory if thats your first year and you were to get 4.0 the next 3 years straight with same amount of credits you would have a 3.575 cGPA (idk about science with the Fs). But obviously you have to figure out why you did poorly and be able to consistently do well. The grade replacements will change your GPA at your school but on your AMCAS it'll count both grades you get so essentially an average

Reactions: 1 user
I mean in theory if thats your first year and you were to get 4.0 the next 3 years straight with same amount of credits you would have a 3.575 cGPA (idk about science with the Fs). But obviously you have to figure out why you did poorly and be able to consistently do well. The grade replacements will change your GPA at your school but on your AMCAS it'll count both grades you get so essentially an average

Thank you, I think I know why, physics and music theory were not my thing. But maybe once I start studying what I like my grades will rise. Right now I'm just taking required classes and I'm not too fond of them

Members don't see this ad :)
A) Fix the deficits that caused you do to so poorly
B) Ace everything from now on.
Med schools will not do grade replacement...repeated courses will be averaged.

This is my first time using this website, please excuse me if I post this in the incorrect area.

I was wondering how hard will it be to recover from my GPA mistakes... and if there is any slight chance of getting accepted to med-school. Right now I'm thinking of majoring in french (I'm fluent in Spanish) or biology (because I want to have enough room for classes without taking summer classes since I'll be traveling abroad and volunteering.)

But, my GPA sucks... :( it's at a 2.3 because I didn't do so well in physics (failed), chemistry (C, I'm retaking), and a music theory class. I can do 2 grade replacements (one which will replace physics) and the other I want to save it for the next physics course (I'm really bad with physics.)

I will be finishing my first year in 2 weeks. Then I will be volunteering again and working in the summer while trying to shadow.

But I'm extremely worried that I won't be able to recover from my GPA..Is it possible to recover?

Reactions: 1 user
A) Fix the deficits that caused you do to so poorly
B) Ace everything from now on.
Med schools will not do grade replacement...repeated courses will be averaged.
Oh, I didn't know that, thank you so much. It's good to know this information early on. I'll see what I can do to fix it