This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogtor27

MUCVM c/o 2024!
Reaction score
Hello, this is my VERY first time posting on here so I am not so sure how this works haha.
The schools i’m applying to are: Tuskegee, LSU, Ohio, Virginia/Maryland, Kansas, and Missouri

I have a GPA of 3.8, but my GRE score is a 293
I obviously already submitted my application. but i was just hoping to get some realistic advice? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I can tell you that for Ohio and VM it doesn't matter because they don't even look at your GRE

Well I can tell you that for Ohio and VM it doesn't matter because they don't even look at your GRE
Yeah, I know that much as well. I was posting in regards to the schools that do require the GRE

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I know that much as well. I was posting in regards to the schools that do require the GRE
Did you already apply this year? Because this is probably information you should have researched before applying, so you can develop a list of schools to target that will be more likely to admit you. Most schools will have statistics about admitted students somewhere on their website, or you can contact the school directly. For example, LSU’s is here: DVM Class Statistics - Class of 2021
They even break it down by IS vs OOS for GRE. You’re below their average, so your chances for admission really depend on how strong your application is in other areas, as well as how you compare to their applicant pool this year. It’s hard to give realistic advice without the full picture. All I can say is that your GRE is below average for LSU.

Reactions: 2 users
If the rest of your application is strong, it shouldn't hurt your chances too badly. I've known people to get in with extremely low GRE scores because their GPA and experiences made up for it. Your GPA is awesome, and hopefully that will help you out.

Reactions: 1 user