Low under-grad gpa, high science and post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gosiab

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Read a few threads similar to my situation but not exactly the same. I did my undergrad at NYU a few years ago (BFA in Dance) didn't know I'd want to become a doctor in the future. I danced/taught yoga for a few years, opened a pre-school with my mom and I'm at Hunter College now, all I have left is two Bio classes.

Undergrad gpa: 2.95 43cr
Post-bacc gpa: 3.8 68.5cr
BCPM gpa: 4.0 (have two classes left)

As I draw closer to applying, I'd really like to know where I stand - whether I have a chance at MD schools or just DO. Also I'd like to understand how schools are looking at my gpa - since my undergrad leaves a lot to be desired. When I calculated my gpa manually, combining undergrad and post-bacc I got something like 3.45 which I know isn't competitive. Since I apply next cycle I was considering some upper-level Bio classes but my pre-med advisor asked if I'd consider doing a science major.
Any insight or advice is very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You would be competitive for some DO schools with a MCAT of 500. You may be competitive for some MD schools with a score of 508. Post your score here next year when available.

You would be competitive for some DO schools with a MCAT of 500. You may be competitive for some MD schools with a score of 508. Post your score here next year when available.
Thank you! Will do