Loyola-Stritch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jofrbr76

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just scheduled my Loyola interview for next week wed.
:hardy:
and was wondering what people could tell me about this school.

I know it's outside chicago like 15min. Beyond that, my knowledge is pretty limited as I've never visited the school before. I have been checking out SDN interview feedback, but people left out stuff like the curriculum-type, living-conditions, location, etc.

Any info/tips is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Members don't see this ad.

I just got back from interviewing there last week and was pleasantly surprised. Honestly I was not expecting that much. But the students were great (I stayed with one through the "hosteling program"), very friendly. The medical school building is pretty new and very nice, especially the fitness center. Check out the comfortable lecture room chairs. My interviewers were great too. Overall I got a good impression of the school, the only downfall was how cold it was. The curriculum is nice too, you only take one class at a time so it is very focused, and it involves a lot of small group work which I think is great. It is affiliated with the Catholic church however, and you may find that to be a plus or minus. Anyways, I thought it was a great school, good luck with the interview.

Originally posted by gogiants
the only downfall was how cold it was.

its in chicago you know ;)

Loyola's in maywood, which i think is a slightly better neighborhood than rush/uic, but that whole west side is just kinda old. Two members of my extended fam have gone there and I never hear anything but praises.