You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
V52.
New Member
Week 13 here lol am I wrong in my understanding that, at least for now, you’re supposed to either get “continued consideration” or “accepted” ?Interviewed 2/8 (so this is week 9) and haven't heard back yet...are they still.sending out decisions?
I got into my top school so I withdrew my app prior to hearing anything about 2 weeks agoHave you heard back yet or still nothing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctorsoonhopefully
New Member
No results this week? I know they meet every 2nd and 4th Monday of each month, so they should've met this Monday and had results this week.
sweet_human
Full Member
Tomorrow maybe?
irishdoc28
Full Member
Check your CYMS tool, because I was also placed on CC and never received any more communication via email. But then I saw on CYMS tool that I was placed on the Waitlist back in mid March.
sweet_human
Full Member
No As yet so no CYMS tool 😭
Did you send Stritch a letter of intent? I heard they value thoseNo As yet so no CYMS tool 😭
sweet_human
Full Member
That's good to know! Had just sent updates so far :/Did you send Stritch a letter of intent? I heard they value those
Yea if it's your only potential acceptance then I recommend sending oneThat's good to know! Had just sent updates so far :/
sweet_human
Full Member
Gotcha!
Last edited:
God I wish they accepted directed donations LMAO I would kill for this (figuratively, obvi trying to save lives not kill any lmfao)Just withdrew my A! For transparency, I did receive a $30K scholarship which I hope goes to one of you. Good luck everyone!
just withdrew my A! good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha I hope they redistribute these scholarships to other applicants.God I wish they accepted directed donations LMAO I would kill for this (figuratively, obvi trying to save lives not kill any lmfao)
Any current students at Stritch — (or anyone really) — what is the current step 2 average?
This was asked at second look. One of the deans said around 250-255. But I could have also misheard.Any current students at Stritch — (or anyone really) — what is the current step 2 average?
doctorsoonhopefully
New Member
just got a continued consideration email. does anyone know if it's common to get an acceptance after this?
sweet_human
Full Member
Just curious - when was your interview?just got a continued consideration email. does anyone know if it's common to get an acceptance after this?
w1tchd0ct0r
Full Member
I thought I heard that it was 1 or 2 points above the national average but they didn't give a concrete number (I could've also misheard though)This was asked at second look. One of the deans said around 250-255. But I could have also misheard.
doctorsoonhopefully
New Member
2/29!Just curious - when was your interview?
Summertime Chi
New Member
anyone else who received merit aid mind sharing details?
planthoarder
Full Member
Withdrew my OOS A. Hope this helps someone out there!!
Last edited:
2thincoats
New Member
I've been accepted to Loyola and submitted FAFSA and Loyola's own financial aid online form but have yet to hear anything back about financial aid. The financial aid office says that they are still processing things and no further info is available right now. We all know and understand that the FAFSA debacle has affected all schools. With the PTE deadline fast approaching, I was wondering if other accepted students are facing the same dilemma? Also, after pressing the 'submit' button on the financial aid form, there was no acknowledgement screen and/or email to confirm successful submission? Am I missing something and has anyone else had the same experience with this?
sweet_human
Full Member
Wait my bad - is there another financial aid form to complete besides the FAFSA? 😶I've been accepted to Loyola and submitted FAFSA and Loyola's own financial aid online form but have yet to hear anything back about financial aid. The financial aid office says that they are still processing things and no further info is available right now. We all know and understand that the FAFSA debacle has affected all schools. With the PTE deadline fast approaching, I was wondering if other accepted students are facing the same dilemma? Also, after pressing the 'submit' button on the financial aid form, there was no acknowledgement screen and/or email to confirm successful submission? Am I missing something and has anyone else had the same experience with this?
sweet_human
Full Member
My apologies, but could someone clarify if there were additional forms to be completed in addition to the FAFSA for Loyola? Thanks!
ChocolateCookieCake
Full Member
Withdrawing OOS A today. This one was bittersweet since I loved my experience with Stritch. Best of luck to you all friends ❤️❤️
I'm also curious about this! Is the additional form only for students who have been accepted? Or should we have completed this even if we are on the alternate list?My apologies, but could someone clarify if there were additional forms to be completed in addition to the FAFSA for Loyola? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
soccertuna1999
New Member
OOS A. Interviewed November LOI sent early May. Reapplicant. Very excited as this was my top choice. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
soccertuna1999
New Member
I was placed on cc in December and received an A about a week ago.
irishdoc28
Full Member
IS A off the CC list. Interviewed Feb, Waitlisted March, and Accepted now.
IS A off the CC list. Interviewed Feb, Waitlisted March, and Accepted now.
Y'all happen to have PTE / CTE at this school or another at the time of acceptance?I was placed on cc in December and received an A about a week ago.
irishdoc28
Full Member
I was PTE at a different school when I received the acceptance from the CC list.
How'd you say Loyola stacks up to your other choices?I was PTE at a different school when I received the acceptance from the CC list.
irishdoc28
Full Member
How'd you say Loyola stacks up to your other choices?
I will be declining my A offer because I already signed a lease for my other school and really love the program, but Loyola was my dream school growing up, so it’s bittersweet for me. Hope the A gets passed on to someone else super deserving 🙂
doctorsoonhopefully
New Member
Got an OOS A on Monday! Interviewed 2/29, CC on 4/17
dontcrampyourstyle
Full Member
Withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They’re delayed on this front I think. There’s a GroupMe for students where they’ve shared the link for roommates and suchI was wondering how long it took people to get accepted into the facebook group? I'm hoping to look for housemates, but I haven't been able to get into the group
Anyone who interviewed or was admitted last cycle- I am interviewing in August 2024 and am wondering if the Catholic church's teachings surrounding abortion and reproductive medicine are incorporated into the school's curriculum. For example, does the Church being pro-life impact how abortion, in vitro fertilization, etc are taught, if at all?
