2023-2024 Loyola (Stritch)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Sorry that I am just adding this now-- I interviewed 9/19, A OOS on 11/29. I received the phone call at 2:29pm EST. Good luck to everyone still interviewing
Did you send any update letters or anything like that after your interview? I’m waiting now for a decision and not sure what to do.
 
Did you send any update letters or anything like that after your interview? I’m waiting now for a decision and not sure what to do.
Yes, I did send an update! I heard that Loyola likes update letters to show you are still interested. I uploaded the letter to the applicant portal ~1.5-2 months after I interviewed. I heard back with the A ~2 weeks later. My letter was brief -- one page long with concrete updates since I applied + a few sentences reiterating my interest.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those who were accepted, when did you receive an email or a portal update?
 
For those who got accepted, did you receive the call from the dean or the admission office?
I got accepted a few months ago but I got a call from Dean Darrell Nabers! He's the Assistant Dean for Admissions and Recruitment, and we met him during the interview day. The call was from a Maywood IL area code, and showed up as the phone number, with "Maywood, IL" labeled under it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if they are done with II?
I am not 100 percent sure if they are done. But, I think last week someone had stated the available interviews were 2/22, 2/27, and 2/29. So hopefully people will cancel their interviews and then they will maybe send more interview invites
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 1/16 and received an A on 2/14 — I would send in update/interest letters or an LOintent if you are committed!
 
I interviewed on 2/8 and sent an update on 2/12 - haven't heard back from them, but would it be worth sending a second update (considering I do have an update) or would that be too soon given it's been only 2 weeks since I sent the first one?
 
Hey everyone! Just checking in one last time. For the As, congratulations! I hope to meet you all next year. For those who haven't gotten an II want to come here, know that applying more than once here is somewhat common. I got in my second go around (no II first time) and so did many of my friends. The cycle here is finishing soon but I don't have a specific end date to express, but if you haven't heard you should start to consider the following:

Schedule reapplication counseling in April, look at what you think was the weakest part of your app and try to improve it the next year with the same emphasis on updates as this year. Think of it this way, Loyola cares a lot about knowing who applies, and you have a leg up on first time applicants by already having your name out there. Applying twice stinks, but as the competition gets tougher so too must your ability to articulate why medicine is right for you, and nothing does that better than another year maturing and discerning.

I'm always open to dm'd questions (for both admitted and not) and I'll get to them when I have a break in studying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad