This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DVM_in_the_making

KSU c/o 2021!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, Ill start this one!

So Ive had my GPA's calculated/posted but haven't heard anything about the ranking yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I think if you are selected for a folder review (for OOS) you'll know mid November!

Good luck guys! I am from Louisiana and applied to LSU but am attending elsewhere. let me know if I can answer any questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so excited there's finally an LSU thread!!! Good luck guys! If you have any questions about the school, I'm happy to try to answer. Also, I think there's a few other LSU class of 2020 people on here.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email that I made it to the folder review! I'm OOS!

Reactions: 2 users
Yay! I was hoping this thread would get started. I'm a current first year student, so if y'all have any questions feel free to message me! Good luck everyone! :)

I'm a fourth year student. I am happy to answer questions/messages, however I may take a while to get back to you (clinics + NAVLE prep + VIRMP app = :dead:).

I am OOS and didn't make it to the review, would some of those who did share their GPA/GRE stats so I know where I need to be for next cycle? Thanks

I am OOS and didn't make it to the review, would some of those who did share their GPA/GRE stats so I know where I need to be for next cycle? Thanks
My GPA's were: 3.92 for Last 45 Credit Hours and 3.83 for Required Course GPA
My GRE was a 315 cumulative.

But I shouldn't be the only person you compare numbers to! I don't know where they made the cut off mark for OOS. I could have been right at the cut off line or it could have been somewhere else. Good luck next cycle! But don't give up hope if you applied to other schools this cycle! :)

My prereq GPA was 3.87, Last 45 was 3.84, and GRE 309. I would maybe call admissions and ask what the average is or check out the admitted statistics on their website!

My last 45 credit hour GPA is 3.6, required course GPA is 3.84 and GRE is 304. I made the cut off last year, too, but was not given an interview.

LSU posts statistics on their website for admitted students from current and past years. It gives the average GPA as well as a range for accepted students. It looks like 3.8 is a good goal based on the current first year class.
Here is a link to statistics for the class of 2020: http://www.lsu.edu/vetmed/dvm_admissions/how_to_apply/class_statistics/2020.php

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Me, three!! :)
Should I really be excited about this, or remain pessimistic? lol
You can look at it whichever way makes you happier! You've still got a shot! Which is awesome! Or you could remain very blah about it in case the news isn't great in the end. I'm looking at it positively! The numbers are the hardest part, because they are cold hard facts. But your extracurriculars and your letters and all of that other good stuff is where it gets good! :) that's where they'll get the inspiration from.

You can look at it whichever way makes you happier! You've still got a shot! Which is awesome! Or you could remain very blah about it in case the news isn't great in the end. I'm looking at it positively! The numbers are the hardest part, because they are cold hard facts. But your extracurriculars and your letters and all of that other good stuff is where it gets good! :) that's where they'll get the inspiration from.
I'm allowing myself a glimmer of giddiness, but no happy dances until I get that invite to interview! ;-) But it is absolutely exhilarating knowing they've made it past the worst part of my application. :laugh:

Does anyone know around when LSU usually sends out interview invitations? It looks like last year they went out on 12.16 for OOS applicants. Is that typical? I'm dying! :nailbiting:

Does anyone know around when LSU usually sends out interview invitations? It looks like last year they went out on 12.16 for OOS applicants. Is that typical? I'm dying! :nailbiting:

I was instate and I got mine on the 16th last year as well. they should have a timeline for things in status check!

The portal says they are going to send the invites from mid-nov to mid-dec so hopefully we should hear some day next week

I got a call around 5:30PM today accepting me into their vet school! Im an OOS! Im so excited! The lady said official emails will go out next week but she wanted to call and tell me the good news! (For which I thanked her for immensely!) But also confused as to how I bypassed interviews. Do they do OOS interviews?

I got a call around 5:30PM today accepting me into their vet school! Im an OOS! Im so excited! The lady said official emails will go out next week but she wanted to call and tell me the good news! (For which I thanked her for immensely!) But also confused as to how I bypassed interviews. Do they do OOS interviews?

In the past, yes. however, I could see why they may forgo them for OOS. interview is only 10 percent of your application score. you guys must have had some exceptional folders.

Me too! I was so shocked it happened so early like that! I know she told me that they were not doing OOS interviews this cycle.. not sure why..

Me too! I was so shocked it happened so early like that! I know she told me that they were not doing OOS interviews this cycle.. not sure why..
What? I'm confused. So this cycle wont have OOS interviews?!! Do you know if they are going to keep calling the people that got admitted or are they going to send emails?

I got the call saying I was accepted too! I thought it was a fluke!!! I'm so happy!!!

Congrats to those accepted already! And fingers crossed for the rest of us. I thought my GPAs and good interview skills would make up for an okay folder but I'm super nervous now they aren't interviewing :scared:

I find it very odd that they didn't announce this ahead of time, but I had always imagined that they would do away with the interviews for at least the OOS pool at some point, since they aren't a huge part of the application. as OOS, your stats have to be quite high to rank high enough for an interview anyways.

Do you guys think it's ok to miss the open house and welcome weekend things? I had fully placed on going but I recieved another interview offer for that day that I don't want to have to turn down.

Got an interview!!!!!:clap:

Do you guys think it's ok to miss the open house and welcome weekend things? I had fully placed on going but I recieved another interview offer for that day that I don't want to have to turn down.

Where did you find the info for welcome week? And I'm sure it's not that big of a deal! You coups always ask if you could get a tour and stuff another day.

I'm an Arkansas resident and I got an interview. They emailed me!

Got an interview!!!!!:clap:
Did you get an email? If so, did it say something about your date and time being given "below in the 'Interview Date/Time' section." Where is that?

You're already in. they won't rescind that if you can't make it to open house. :)

Those who have an interview: there should an extremely helpful video presentation somewhere in status check that I recommend you watch!

Did you get an email? If so, did it say something about your date and time being given "below in the 'Interview Date/Time' section." Where is that?
Is just said the interview is going to be in january 28 and in the 27 there is going to be a welcoming reception. I think the "below in the 'interview date/time' section" it may appear later on the portal? Dont know lol

so we should rsvp for the interview and the welcoming reception, no earlier than jan, 6? I'm a little confuse with the e-mail because i don't know where the "'Interview Date/Time' section" is

They updated the portal, the section they referring on the email is there. I got the 10:20am slot

My status still says "Folder Under Review". Is anyone else's still like this? It seems unusual that notifications are so spread out this year. It appears on threads from past years notifications generally went out at once. Do they send out rejections if you don't receive an interview?

My status still says "Folder Under Review". Is anyone else's still like this? It seems unusual that notifications are so spread out this year. It appears on threads from past years notifications generally went out at once. Do they send out rejections if you don't receive an interview?

Warden is a current student and mentioned some changes in the admissions department, so while in the past your status check would be updated with "No Longer Under Consideration", it seems as though past applicants aren't able to advise you on what to expect. Is Jared still your correspondence as far as admissions goes? I would call or email him. he is usually responsive.

Jared is no longer with the school. That's pretty much the reason, I think, for all the confusion.

I'm sorry you guys are having to deal with the added stress of all this uncertainty. The people in charge of admissions now are doing their best, they've just been left, rather abruptly, in a challenging situation. If I find anything out about what's going on with interview invites, I will post here to let y'all know. It sounds to me like they're sending invites out continuously over the next couple of weeks, so if you haven't heard anything I wouldn't be discouraged yet. I know they're out of the office until after New Years so it may just be a waiting game until then.

On a lighter note, congrats to those who have received invites! If anyone has any questions - about the school, interviews, vet school in general - I am more than happy to answer - just shoot me a message. :)

They made a Facebook post stating they are not done with sending out interview invites and times and will resume Jan 2nd! A little close to the interview date though :/

They made a Facebook post stating they are not done with sending out interview invites and times and will resume Jan 2nd! A little close to the interview date though :/
Thank you! I can't seem to find this. Is it on the LSU SVM page?

Thank you! I can't seem to find this. Is it on the LSU SVM page?
LSU SVM Admissions is what the page that provides updates on the app process is called.

Last edited: