This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a Facebook page for incoming students to find places for rent or potential roommates in Baton Rouge?
Yes, there is a buy, sell, trade Facebook page for veterinary students that is useful when looking for a place to live. I'm trying to remember how I got access. There may have been an email about it after acceptance day on 4/15. Maybe you could ask your admissions contact about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have advice about housing in Baton Rouge? Are there areas where vet students tend to live?

Does anyone have advice about housing in Baton Rouge? Are there areas where vet students tend to live?
There's a bunch of housing off Brightside. It runs parallel to Skip Bertman between Nicholson and River. Short drive to school.

There's a bunch of housing off Brightside. It runs parallel to Skip Bertman between Nicholson and River. Short drive to school.
Houses with backyard? For sale?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using SDN mobile

Houses with backyard? For sale?

Not sure about that. You would probably need to hire a realtor.
Well, there are actually quite a few homes for sale in the neighborhood where I rent. But, they all flooded last August, and it's a bit of a hike from school. And, they're over-priced.
I don't know why you're looking to buy rather than rent, but it's unlikely you will get much out if you sell at the end of vet school. You might break even. But, the market is a bit overinflated price wise right now; so, I'd worry about losing money.

Not sure about that. You would probably need to hire a realtor.
Well, there are actually quite a few homes for sale in the neighborhood where I rent. But, they all flooded last August, and it's a bit of a hike from school. And, they're over-priced.
I don't know why you're looking to buy rather than rent, but it's unlikely you will get much out if you sell at the end of vet school. You might break even. But, the market is a bit overinflated price wise right now; so, I'd worry about losing money.
Thanks for the info :)

Two bed two bath
Move in ready
1346 sharlo. Check it out on zillow

I'll be moving into the identical adjoining house with my girlfriend, 2 dogs and 2 cats. Seems like a good deal of anyone's looking to buy

Hey guys! I was accepted to join the class of 2024, and while I can't make it to a tour due to my school schedule I will be there for the open house at the end of the month! I was wondering if anyone would be there that I could talk to about what it has been like for you going to school at LSU, especially if you are specializing in zoo/wildlife/exotics, but even if you aren't it would still be helpful to talk to you. If not, do you know anyone who will be there that I could talk to? Or anyone I could get in touch with to ask about this? I really want to make the most out of my trip there since I will only be at the school for a day! If you can't help me with any of that, even just being able to message you and ask questions about the school would be great, I want to hear from as many students as possible to get an idea of what being a vet student at LSU is like. Any other information/recommendations would be great as well. Anything would be helpful, thank you!