Lull in interviews this week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DCDAWG

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the deal? Are programsd really taking their time to read Dean's letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Seems to be much slower than last years thread, not sure why:confused:

Well if you look at last years thread it picked up a lot on 11/5. So maybe tomorrow or early next week.

Apparenty next year they're chaning everything. You'll submit 9/15 at the earliest and dean's letters come out 10/15. Should make everything happen faster.

Members don't see this ad :)
No new interview offers this week yet but I've gotten one rejection per day since Monday!

No new interview offers this week yet but I've gotten one rejection per day since Monday!

Me too. I had a decent week last week and thought this one would bring lots of love but all it's brought is 1 rejection and a case of gastritis. Hang in there, though!

End of another quiet week... Every weekend since about mid Sept I've convinced myself.. "ok.. this next week will be the week the interviews will come rolling in!!" and every week I've been let down. I have yet to hear from about 20 programs... and it's really messing with my color coding system of rejections versus interviews since my list is still mostly black and white and I'm tempted to just color my list in randomly.

Anyone hear anything in the last week from the Stanford or Harbor-UCLA programs??? Doesn't seem to be much chatter about either of them. With Harbor, it was just the initial rejection email apparently....

Anyone hear anything in the last week from the Stanford or Harbor-UCLA programs??? Doesn't seem to be much chatter about either of them. With Harbor, it was just the initial rejection email apparently....

I've heard nothing back from Stanford.

Anyone hear anything in the last week from the Stanford or Harbor-UCLA programs??? Doesn't seem to be much chatter about either of them. With Harbor, it was just the initial rejection email apparently...

Nada from Stanford either, or UCSF.

Has anyone heard from St. Luke's/Roosevelt lately? I haven't seen much activity on the Interview/Rejection threads for SLR.

Anyone hear anything in the last week from the Stanford or Harbor-UCLA programs??? Doesn't seem to be much chatter about either of them. With Harbor, it was just the initial rejection email apparently...

Nada from Stanford either, or UCSF.

Use the "quote" button. It's your friend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from St. Luke's/Roosevelt lately? I haven't seen much activity on the Interview/Rejection threads for SLR.

I also haven't heard from SLR. I have heard that programs got record numbers of apps this year, so looks like it's a tough year.

I also haven't heard from SLR. I have heard that programs got record numbers of apps this year, so looks like it's a tough year.

Hey guys - sorry haven't been around too much - heard from SLR on 11.3 with an interview invite. They only offered Nov/1st week of Dec dates at that point.

With each day that passes, the more likely it becomes that we get our stanford rejections... nobody has seen a rejection from them yet to my knowledge only acceptances!

Anyone know what's going on with Stanford and Hopkins? Based on the interview thread, they throw out an interview from time to time, but not too much action. When can we say we were rejected and move on?

I met someone from Stanford on the interview trail and he said that his home program only started looking at applications recently (from my understanding in the ballpark of 2 weeks ago or so), and they first send out to Stanford students and people who rotated with them. So I would not panic with regards to that just yet.

I met someone from Stanford on the interview trail and he said that his home program only started looking at applications recently (from my understanding in the ballpark of 2 weeks ago or so), and they first send out to Stanford students and people who rotated with them. So I would not panic with regards to that just yet.

Considering the last person that posted a Stanford accept, he/she was only given 2 dates to choose from... so it's likely their spots are pretty much full now.

Considering the last person that posted a Stanford accept, he/she was only given 2 dates to choose from... so it's likely their spots are pretty much full now.

4 dates. But one was today. And that doesn't mean people won't cancel and open up spots.

re: Stanford interview dates

The invite they just recently sent out had 10 dates. Thus, I think they are only beginning to send out invites. ...You guys might already know that by now, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

re: Stanford interview dates

The invite they just recently sent out had 10 dates. Thus, I think they are only beginning to send out invites. ...You guys might already know that by now, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Yeah I got mine yesterday and it also had 10 dates... my guess is the OP who had 2 dates was local or it was his/her home school