This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I accepted my admission to the MA program and just declined my offer to LMU Vet Biomedical Master's Program. The course load seems pretty tough so I am definitely nervous. Has anyone heard the success rate of students who have gone through the program?
Congrats I also accepted my admission offer. My best friend did the program last year and he told me it's the hardest thing you can imagine. It's almost as hard as first year of medical school or even might be harder. He also told me that the class started with 122 students and only about half of students graduated and completed the program as it's very hard, but the good news is that if you manage to success in it and score at least a 3.0 then you should end up accepted somewhere and obviously with good mcat or DAT score

Members don't see this ad.

Just got accepted on my Bday woot! What a nice gift. The interviewer spoke about having an MCAT no less than one standard deviation from below the mean score for students who matriculated into the professional degree program in the previous year. Anyone know what data or what the SD is they are talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ Second that question. I'm still debating on whether to submit my deposit. I am in between this progran, LECOM's postbac and Heritage MAMS program. I turned down TUN and am still waiting for TUCOM and CCOM.

Accepted into the MA program a few days ago. Interviewer assured me of guaranteed acceptance into the DO program with a GPA of 3.6+, MCAT +\- 1 SD but the admissions councellor I spoke with after had no knowledge of this connection, only the interview with a 3.0 GPA, which, let's face it, isn't all that worth it considering the expenses. Maybe if I knew more about their acceptance statistics than what they post on their website, the interview would be more appealing. I'm deciding between this program and Rowan's MBS program. Does anyone have any more info on the MA/DO connection?

Accepted into the MA program a few days ago. Interviewer assured me of guaranteed acceptance into the DO program with a GPA of 3.6+, MCAT +\- 1 SD but the admissions councellor I spoke with after had no knowledge of this connection, only the interview with a 3.0 GPA, which, let's face it, isn't all that worth it considering the expenses. Maybe if I knew more about their acceptance statistics than what they post on their website, the interview would be more appealing. I'm deciding between this program and Rowan's MBS program. Does anyone have any more info on the MA/DO connection?
interview + sufficient mcat + no obvious issues with your application + decent grades (probably not borderline 3.0) will mean acceptance. not concrete and i'm not sure about official stats

I just got word that I was on the alternate list as well.. It was strange because I received a letter in the mail notifying me but no e-mail..
Did anyone hear back about getting of the alternate list? I'm curious to see how many people wind up in the actual class. I searched the forum and found these statements (check the uploaded file attached) from a person in the 2016-2017 program and this is what they said.. wondering if anyone thought it was true?
Also curious to see if people actually get denied from this program or not before/after an interview? It seems as if most people get an interview...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 8.41.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 8.41.43 PM.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 8.41.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 8.41.26 PM.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 77
I just got word that I was on the alternate list as well.. It was strange because I received a letter in the mail notifying me but no e-mail..
Did anyone hear back about getting of the alternate list? I'm curious to see how many people wind up in the actual class. I searched the forum and found these statements (check the uploaded file attached) from a person in the 2016-2017 program and this is what they said.. wondering if anyone thought it was true?
Also curious to see if people actually get denied from this program or not before/after an interview? It seems as if most people get an interview...
in regard to the second picture/post, i originally thought it meant acceptance to the post bac but now that i read it again, it seems like this actually meant the interview for the DO school after completion of the post bac program

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I applied March 18th and interviewed on 4/12. Found out I was on alternate list about two and a half weeks after interview. I still have not heard back and assume that we probably won't hear back until they are done sending out acceptances... so maybe sometime July-Aug. I have talked to some people who have posted in the past about being on the alternate list and only 1 out of the 5 was accepted. Unless they have reached out to you about being high on their alternate list, I think its best to consider other options.

I'm on the alternate list. I've been on the list since January. It's a bit frustrating that they won't tell you when you be removed from the list. Apparently, they are still trying to fill up spots and still interviewing. That's why there is this long delay. We can know anytime from now until the first day of class if we are selected.

Last edited:
For those on the alternate list, I called admissions and they said last year they accepted OVER HALF of their alternate list.

Hey guys, I submitted my original application in April but hadn't sent in my letters of recommendations because I was debating whether I wanted to complete the application. I just submitted my letters but was wondering if the class is full already? Does anyone know or are the majority still on the waitlist?

Hey guys, I submitted my original application in April but hadn't sent in my letters of recommendations because I was debating whether I wanted to complete the application. I just submitted my letters but was wondering if the class is full already? Does anyone know or are the majority still on the waitlist?

I would call and ask if the class is full. They are interviewing until July 15.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would call and ask if the class is full. They are interviewing until July 15.
Thank you for replying! I called today and they said they are 2/3 full so I guess there's still room for about 50 students since it's class size is 150! I am complete as of today

I wonder what is going on, my application has been complete for like a week now but I haven't heard from them for an interview. How long did it take before you found out?

Within one week from my interview.
They are in the process of looking at the people on the alternate list.

Got an email on Friday that they are starting to make their final decisions and will be meeting this week to pull off the alternate list. Those on the alternate list will probably hear back by the end of this week. I will not be attending MWU. Best of luck to all of you!

Got an email on Friday that they are starting to make their final decisions and will be meeting this week to pull off the alternate list. Those on the alternate list will probably hear back by the end of this week. I will not be attending MWU. Best of luck to all of you!

Was it a general email? Or for the people on the alternate list? because I didn't receive an email....
May ask why you are not attending MWU?

Was it a general email? Or for the people on the alternate list? because I didn't receive an email....
May ask why you are not attending MWU?
It may not have been a general email if others on the alternate list did not get one. They had contacted me about a month ago letting me know I was high on the waitlist but still could not guarantee that anyone would be taken off. The email I received last Friday asked if I was still interested in attending the program. I decided to accept an offer from another program because of the uncertainty of getting off alternate list.

Hi, I just applied to this program (for fall 2018). I was just wondering if any additional people from this thread who were on wait-list got accepted into this program? Thank you for your time!

Hi, I just applied to this program (for fall 2018). I was just wondering if any additional people from this thread who were on wait-list got accepted into this program? Thank you for your time!

I applied to the MA program for both Glendale and Downer's Grove. I haven't received an interview yet since I just sent my GRE score. From reading the above comments, the program seems very hard for a Masters program. Attaining 3.0 GPA may not be too hard but their MCAT standards are pretty high...

I already have an acceptance to LMU/s Biomedical Professions program but I'm uneasy about the location in rural Tennessee haha