This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DENTGURLL

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY GUYS/APPLICANTS/FELLOW D2020 STUDENTS

I HAVE A MAJOR ISSUE AND I FEAR THAT MY ACCEPTANCE WILL NOW BE TAKEN AWAY FROM ME
:

-So I got accepted into a dental school a month ago-i had graduated with my B.S. in biology in 2014, with every pre-requisite needed for dental school [and this specific one]. I finished a rigorous M.S. in biology program in 2015 [MAY] and also retook my DAT and got an AA of 22.

-I applied to dental school in JUNE 2015/completed my AADSAS, HOWEVER, i took additional courses in fall 2015 as a NON-MATRICULATED student [2 courses and received B+ in both] and did not report these to AADSAS and this school as well. I also was going to take courses this spring 2016 but withdrew because of a family death and now well i have W's for 3 courses this semester. These courses were not specific for DENTAL SCHOOL, they are classes I wanted to take when I did not have time in undergrad/grad school.

-Now my accepted school is asking for transcripts for every single school/class i took, and obviously i have to send in these non-matriculated transcripts. it is unethical to do so.

-I am **** scared that my acceptance will be revoke due to the non-disclosing information I failed to provide!!!!!!! i AM AN IDIOT and I can't eat/sleep/do anything productive anymore.

I HAVE FAILED AT LIFE.

I don't want to disclose the school's name because well I am an idiot.

**Also i didn't know that we were supposed to add in classes that weren't pre-requisites or classes going towards a degree**

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you freaking out?
You have a bachelors and pre-reqs.
Why not just call the school and see what they say before jumping to conclusions?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wait what?? You only added in prereqs onto AADSAS?

No I added all of my B.S. and M.S. courses which incorporated the pre-requisites and degree conferring classes. I decided to take additional courses as a NON-MATRICULATED student which means you enroll at a state university and take random classes, it doesn't go toward a degree or anything-they weren't even needed for dental school.

Ask the schools (call/email them)

Reactions: 1 user
Go visit their admissions office in person

I honestly don't think it's a big deal. If your prereqs are done, and the dental school never even knew you were taking these courses, then they accepted you without it even being a factor. The 3 W's IMO won't hurt you.
By all means, call the dental school or email admissions and explain the situation. Definitely send the transcripts. Don't be one of those geniuses that selectively choose which transcripts they want to send in.
I doubt they will rescind it. Just be honest because if not, it can REALLY hurt you in the future.

Reactions: 2 users
I honestly don't think it's a big deal. If your prereqs are done, and the dental school never even knew you were taking these courses, then they accepted you without it even being a factor. The 3 W's IMO won't hurt you.
By all means, call the dental school or email admissions and explain the situation. Definitely send the transcripts. Don't be one of those geniuses that selectively choose which transcripts they want to send in.
I doubt they will rescind it. Just be honest because if not, it can REALLY hurt you in the future.

I sent a long email response to the director of admissions taking full responsibly for my actions and any repercussions/consequence this might entail. I am definitely going to send in all transcripts, and well if they decide to take the acceptance away, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Man being an adult sucks a** lol

I think you're over-reacting to the whole thing. Just call the school and explain yourself.

Reactions: 4 users
I think you're over-reacting to the whole thing. Just call the school and explain yourself.

i know you are right. but this school seems super strict about transcript discrepancies-its freaking me out.

And what you're doing is ensuring no transcript discrepancies.
What you're also doing is showing integrity, something that is expected of us as future Healthcare providers. It's expected of us as adults and as humans, but let's be real here, it's not as common as we would hope it is.
If I were a dean, I wouldn't use that as an excuse to rescind admission.

Go for a jog, do something you enjoy, and just wait for a response. Not much else you can do at this point. Try and keep yourself sane :)

Reactions: 1 users
yup don't worry just yet. There is no way they are going to think you dropped out of 3 classes because you were failing and think you aren't good enough for dental school because of the fact.
Good luck.

it's too far for me, a 5 hour drive. Am I done/rejected?

Is a 5 hour drive too far for your future career? In person is always better than a phone call.

Is a 5 hour drive too far for your future career? In person is always better than a phone call.

you are completely right. If the director reads my email and needs time for deliberation i will definitely schedule an appointment to meet with her.