Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

If I took physics I and II online via a community college, do I have no chance at all with Marquette? I hear they don't accept online for pre-req's but I truly had no choice I couldn't fit them into my schedule during the school year since I was a biochem major and had to take all those classes as well as taking bio courses for other pre-reqs that I didn't need to take to graduate but needed for dental school. I would have rather taken bio in person than online so I took physics online instead. Anyone know if I just donated money to Marquette with my app fee or if I actually have a chance next round of invites?

Members don't see this ad.

If I took physics I and II online via a community college, do I have no chance at all with Marquette? I hear they don't accept online for pre-req's but I truly had no choice I couldn't fit them into my schedule during the school year since I was a biochem major and had to take all those classes as well as taking bio courses for other pre-reqs that I didn't need to take to graduate but needed for dental school. I would have rather taken bio in person than online so I took physics online instead. Anyone know if I just donated money to Marquette with my app fee or if I actually have a chance next round of invites?
i believe that if you take via summer 2020-fall 2012 should be okay, because most of college were online

Members don't see this ad :)
I can’t said about summer 2022 since most of school are in person in spring 2022. Maybe you can explain to the admission and have them to make the decision or direction to take one more upper level course ?
One of them was summer 2021 and the other was summer 2022🥲

Reactions: 1 user
I think you’re right I should reach out just to see. Sadly though, I have graduated so taking another upper level course would also have to be online.. At the end of the day it is my fault for not fully doing my research before applying but I do like the school so I hope it can work out!!

One of the admissions directors said it may be a little later in the morning this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Marquette updates the AADSAS portal with anything??

I got the email about them waiting to make a decision on my app. Is that being on hold? it sounded like they are just still considering me for the next round of interviews but not sure

Got an email that my application is still active. Probably being on hold or deferred for post-dec consideration.

I got the email about them waiting to make a decision on my app. Is that being on hold? it sounded like they are just still considering me for the next round of interviews but not sure
yes, this is a good thing
you didn't get a rejection...

Reactions: 1 users
Invited to interview

Anyone who previously interviewed, what was your experience and any advice?

Congrats!! Were you placed on hold before the invite?
Thank you!! I wasn’t. I applied very late. From my knowledge, they had sent out most of their invites by the time I was applying so this was a surprise. If it helps, my stats are 3.85 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA, 21 AA, 20TS and I am OOS.

Posting for another - invited (dec 19) for interview in January. OOS. Gpa 4.0, sGPA 3.9, DAT - AA 25, TS 24, RC 27, PAT 18, QR 24, Bio 27, OC 24, GC 22. She’s very excited.
she didn't get any other acceptances?

has anyone gotten any interviews recently

Anyone know if post-Dec interviews have been sent already? The 2 days are scheduled for this week and next week but I've not heard anything about their post-Dec invites.

Anyone know if post-Dec interviews have been sent already? The 2 days are scheduled for this week and next week but I've not heard anything about their post-Dec invites.

Yes, they were sent after december 15 . Jan 12 and 19 are the last days.

Marquette generally sends things in batches, so if you weren’t one of the batches, it’s most likely over for them in this cycle unfortunately. This happened to me last year.

Yes, they were sent after december 15 . Jan 12 and 19 are the last days.
Bummer. I got an update from them after Dec 15 that my application was still active but nothing after. I thought they hadn't sent out the last batch of invites.
I'll look for the rejection email in the next few weeks then. :(

Bummer. I got an update from them after Dec 15 that my application was still active but nothing after. I thought they hadn't sent out the last batch of invites.
I'll look for the rejection email in the next few weeks then. :(
More like april, that's when I was rejected lol. Yes, it does suck. Wish they would just reject applicants once their interviews are over since it makes no sense to leave people unknown.

Reactions: 1 users
More like april, that's when I was rejected lol. Yes, it does suck. Wish they would just reject applicants once their interviews are over since it makes no sense to leave people unknown.
Or not get my hopes up with the "your application is still active" email. I'd have much preferred a rejection email!

Reactions: 2 users
I applied pretty late, a couple weeks ago. If they were done with invites why would I get an email just now asking for the 45$ application processing fees?

No school would turn down a donation. Their last interview date is Jan 19th. You have to decide if you want to take that gamble. Most likely they’ve sent out interviews for that date already, but if you’re adamant you could throw down the remaining 45$. But I’d keep expectations low.