Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Marquette University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Marquette University School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.51
Science GPA: 3.33
DAT: 20.7AA, 20.3TS, 20.5PAT
Applied: 2,437
OOS: 2,181 Applied, 336 Interviewed, 134 Accepted
IS: 159 Applied, 96 Interviewed, 60 Accepted
International: 97 Applied, 5 Interviewed, 2 Accepted
# Enrolled: 107
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.64
Science GPA: 3.56
DAT: 20.5AA, 20.0TS, 20.8PAT
Applied: 2,586
OOS: 2,298 Applied, 140 Accepted
IS: 153 Applied, 60 Accepted
International: 135 Applied, 2 Accepted
# Enrolled: 100
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.91-4.00
Overall: 3.09-4.00

**Marquette aims to have 50% of their class IS, and 50% OOS

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It took a couple days to get the email, and a couple days after paying the fee to receive an "App fee paid" email. If you don't get an email within 5-7 days I would reach out.

Got it today after emailing them!

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted June 2nd, and I haven't received a supplemental. Is anyone else in the same position?

I submitted June 2nd, and I haven't received a supplemental. Is anyone else in the same position?
I don't believe Marquette has a supplemental application. You should receive an email confirming receipt of your app and then a link to submit your additional fee. Once that is complete you will receive an email confirming your app fee received and then that should be it.

**This is from the last cycle, if things changed from then to now please let me know. However, most schools try to not change too many things for logistical purposes.

I applied July 5, verified July 6. I haven't received a confirmation yet or a link to pay fee. Maybe they are taking a little longer this year

I applied July 5, verified July 6. I haven't received a confirmation yet or a link to pay fee. Maybe they are taking a little longer this year
I received the fee email on June 13, submitted on May 31 so it'll come

I received the fee confirmation email on June 15 and submitted it on June 14. but nothing new yet! has anyone received anything else?

I received the fee confirmation email on June 15 and submitted it on June 14. but nothing new yet! has anyone received anything else?

I haven’t received anything at all from Marquette. I submitted 8/7

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
Notification date:
9/6
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/1
Application complete date: 08/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.33 Overall: 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA, 19TS, 16PAT, yes QR
Method of interview: VIRTUAL
4 years assistant, 200 shadowing hours, 100 volunteer hours, very strong committee letter

Reactions: 1 users
Interview
Notification date:
9/6
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/10/23
Application complete date: 6/29/23 (I was waiting on letters of rec, but I was verified 6/13)
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.71, Overall 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/none
Method of interview: Virtual two-day session. Earliest date: 9/18, with an information session on 9/15

Interview
Notification date:
9/6
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/23
Application complete date: 6/25/23
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.6, Overall 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/21/21/none
Method of interview: Virtual two-day session. Earliest date: 9/18, with an information session on 9/15

Interview
Notification date:
9/6
Residency: OOS (MN)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/23
Application complete date: 8/1/23
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.57, Overall 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 26/26/24/None, 30 QR

Last edited:
Interview #1
Notification date:
9/6
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/1
Application complete date: 08/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.33 Overall: 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA, 19TS, 16PAT, yes QR
Method of interview: VIRTUAL
4 years assistant, 200 shadowing hours, 100 volunteer hours, very strong committee letter
Did your AADSAS status change with the interview invite?

since i did not get an interview this morning does this mean i will not get one? saw a post that said marquette sents all their interviews at once for december acceptance but i dont know how accurate that is
Yeah it’s pretty accurate. They should have their interview schedule roughly online on their website

since i did not get an interview this morning does this mean i will not get one? saw a post that said marquette sents all their interviews at once for december acceptance but i dont know how accurate that is
trust the process...

It's not too late for us to get one for a post-december acceptance! I'm really interested in Marquette so I know how this is a sucky feeling lol but from last years thread I saw people getting interviews later and got acceptances as well so just trying to remain hopeful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So they sent out all their interviews for this cycle this morning? At least aside from the 2 post December days listed?

Dang no interview 🥲

I submitted my app and paid the fee back in June. Today, I just got the fee confirmation email lol

Is anybody going to the visit day at the end of the month? If so, do you happen to know the dress code? I thought business professional, but I am not sure.
business professional or business casual is usually a safe bet. Better to be over dressed than under dressed. But considering it's just a "visit" day, I'm sure business casual would be perfectly acceptable unless they state otherwise.

Another great video, thank Mr. Smile12, I will make sure to share this with other students preparing for interviews.
Thank you! We've been slowly going through a series of minute-long short YouTube videos on the SDN handle there! Like, share, and share some more! :)

If I have not applied to Marquette this cycle yet, is it too late to apply? I know they send their initial ii’s all on one day and it was last month on the 6th. Is it too late to have a chance still at all?

If I have not applied to Marquette this cycle yet, is it too late to apply? I know they send their initial ii’s all on one day and it was last month on the 6th. Is it too late to have a chance still at all?
Would be slim with how they do things. Check to see if they still have interview slots going to be sent out for you. And maybe you’d still have a chance.

I see two more but they state “as needed” so it’s unclear

Not sure where you see the “as needed” I just see on their website that they have 2 more dates. Assume they’ll send out more interviews depending on Dec 15th decisions and how many people choose to place a deposit. If you haven’t interviewed yet, you’ll probably get a deferral decision. That’s what I got when I didn’t hear back before then. They interview weird compared to other schools

Does anyone know if we miss the call on decision day will we be emailed as well?

Does anyone know if we miss the call on decision day will we be emailed as well?
If a school calls, they should also send some type of written acceptance as well - packet, email, etc. So yes, you should get an acceptance email/packet with your offer and all the paperwork with the details for matriculation.

Have they sent out Jan interview invites yet?