Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

think those are automated
I applied pretty late, a couple weeks ago. If they were done with invites why would I get an email just now asking for the 45$ application processing fees?

Members don't see this ad.

For those that interviewed in Jan, when should we expect to hear back on a decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with admissions and they said the class had been filled and those that interviewed in january were for the waitlist. I haven’t seen someone get any other news from them so if I’m wrong and someone gets an acceptance, please lmk!

Reactions: 1 user
I spoke with admissions and they said the class had been filled and those that interviewed in january were for the waitlist. I haven’t seen someone get any other news from them so if I’m wrong and someone gets an acceptance, please lmk!

That’s weird bc the director said it’s not full and the Jan invites aren’t for waitlist… hmm hoping for the best I guess

That’s weird bc the director said it’s not full and the Jan invites aren’t for waitlist… hmm hoping for the best I guess
During our interview mid Jan, he said everyone would worst case be waitlisted but did not state if the class had already been filled.

Does anyone know the trafficking rules? When do people have to start putting down deposits and committing to programs? That will inform us when they will start to reach out if the class is actually full.

During our interview mid Jan, he said everyone would worst case be waitlisted but did not state if the class had already been filled.

Does anyone know the trafficking rules? When do people have to start putting down deposits and committing to programs? That will inform us when they will start to reach out if the class is actually full.

Marquette has only 1 deposit
From Dec 15 to Jan 31; offers are 30 days
Feb 1st and onward it’s 15 days

even if the class it full most schools don’t say it’s full for months after or even at all because things happen and people drop out to go somewhere else or for personal reasons so we won’t ever get that email lol. I’m a reapplicant so this is from experience. Schools can be left trying to fill their class to even days before classes start. But schools typically give you a month from when you get the acceptance email to put a deposit down.

I hope that isn’t the case. My daughter was in the last interview group last week. Brian told them it might take awhile to hear back. (I took that as 2-6 weeks) so maybe by the end of February? Private schools have a lot of movement.

Here I was excited for next week lol i remember Brian saying end of January for my group so idk we’ll see! Def by end of Feb tho

Here I was excited for next week lol i remember Brian saying end of January for my group so idk we’ll see! Def by end of Feb tho
Brian said the same thing for my group but then I called twice in the last 3 days and was told the same thing both times by different members of admissions. They are probably betting on movement which is why they told us we would hear back eventually. I called to see if I should wait on some sort of answer from them in the following days since I had my hopes up but I guess we will just have to wait a little longer!

Got waitlist email ima cry
Interviewed in Jan

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When will we hear back on waitlist movement?

Got the alternate pool list email

i also did. does everyone who was originally waitlisted get it or is it more selective?

if you did an interview and placed on waitlist, you received that email

Posting for someone else. Same email re: alternate pool. Requires a response right? Wonder how many are on this list and the odds of getting accepted.
It requires a response whether you want to be on it or not. They said the class is full but will go from the alternate pool in case of cancellations throughout the spring/summer until orientation. I’m sure people will say no to being on the alternate pool but getting accepted will highly depend more so on if anyone from the current class decides to drop. And then they don’t have a ranked alternate pool either so anybody could be chosen among the pool there’s no telling who will get chosen, and that’s only if there are cancellations in the current class.

They said that they’d rather not need to have an alternate pool but it has served to be beneficial in the past. So idk take it all with a grain of salt, I probably wouldn’t say no to another school for this offer though.

Reactions: 1 users
It requires a response whether you want to be on it or not. They said the class is full but will go from the alternate pool in case of cancellations throughout the spring/summer until orientation. I’m sure people will say no to being on the alternate pool but getting accepted will highly depend more so on if anyone from the current class decides to drop. And then they don’t have a ranked alternate pool either so anybody could be chosen among the pool there’s no telling who will get chosen, and that’s only if there are cancellations in the current class.

They said that they’d rather not need to have an alternate pool but it has served to be beneficial in the past. So idk take it all with a grain of salt, I probably wouldn’t say no to another school for this offer though.
yes, also separate pools for IS and OOS. I don't expect much movement tho i remember the director saying 6-8 ppl are from january invites

Has anyone heard of any from of movement in the form of dropping seats or dropping the alternate list?

The 2028 class FB group has 21 members- whatever that is worth. Maybe there will be WL movement soon.

The 2028 class FB group has 21 members- whatever that is worth. Maybe there will be WL movement soon.
They said the class is pretty much full though according to the Alternate List email. And they also don’t want to have an alternate list and rather stick with the ppl they have, but are making one in case someone drops. There will probably be some movement in April, May, June, so it’s not 100% over but I wouldn’t expect like a ton of spots to be open at this point which is too bad bc I was really hoping to get into this school :/

Haven't heard anything, believe the class is full now. Anyone know when there would be more movement at this point (eg upcoming commitment deadline if accepted to multiple schools)?