Maryland Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

another round of interviews without meeee :(((
Well I am declining mine, so that means one more will be available for you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hahaha thanks! if you don't mind me asking, when was your secondary app completed?
I can't remember exactly when, but it was sometime around early October. Maybe the 7th? Give or take a few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't remember exactly when, but it was sometime around early October. Maybe the 7th? Give or take a few days.
I completed mine end of October (I think maybe the 21st), maybe that's why I haven't gotten one yet. thanks for your response, congrats on wherever you decided to go!

Breathe. Relax. Remember there is a surge in this pandemic so ADCOM is also busy trying to manage the school for its current students. Do not send letters yet. End of January if anything

I got an invite to complete the supplemental application on tuesday. I applied since September. There’s hope, I believe.

I believe another round of interview invitations were sent out today. Congrats to all who were accepted and goodluck to those who are waiting on interview invitations/acceptances!
Do you know if they have sent out acceptances this week?

Do you know if they have sent out acceptances this week?
From what it looks like I dont think they sent out acceptances, and rather just another round of invites :( I doubt we will be hearing back this week, if they are running behind once again

From what it looks like I dont think they sent out acceptances, and rather just another round of invites :( I doubt we will be hearing back this week, if they are running behind once again
I called and they said it’s going to be in a couple of weeks. It sucks for people waiting but kinda works out for me. GL to everyone

I called and they said it’s going to be in a couple of weeks. It sucks for people waiting but kinda works out for me. GL to everyone
Wow, they really got my hopes up first week of Jan. I was trying to avoid wasting a deposit lol.

Did anyone else that has already interviewed/awaiting acceptance receive an email about setting up your UMB student account?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who already interviewed but waiting on acceptance, writing a letter of intent?

Anyone who already interviewed but waiting on acceptance, writing a letter of intent?
I’m still waiting to hear back. Had an interviee on October 19th. What about you?

I’m still waiting to hear back. Had an interviee on October 19th. What about you?
Oh wow, I had an interview on Dec 9 and they told us we'd know first week of January after they get a better idea of who is accepting their offers. But since they're apparently behind I was thinking about maybe sending a letter of intent next week. I put a deposit for UNC but Maryland is still my number 1 and I know a friend who is currently a D1 at UMD told me she wrote them a letter of intent even tho she had committed to tufts , because UMD was her number 1 as well.

Oh wow, I had an interview on Dec 9 and they told us we'd know first week of January after they get a better idea of who is accepting their offers. But since they're apparently behind I was thinking about maybe sending a letter of intent next week. I put a deposit for UNC but Maryland is still my number 1 and I know a friend who is currently a D1 at UMD told me she wrote them a letter of intent even tho she had committed to tufts , because UMD was her number 1 as well.
Thats probably a smart thing to do. Im pretty sure there are a lot more people waiting to hear back after their interview. It would definitely set you apart of most dont send a letter of intent.

I got an interview invite, turned it down. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else's application switch from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Under Review?"

UMD said acceptances going out tomorrow 🙏 Good Luck everyone

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else's application switch from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Under Review?"
That is a positive news for you then. It means decision is done. Hope this is what you were looking for. I saw you declined Boston so this may be your choice. good luck.

Does the AADSAS portal change mean anything in terms of decisions?
I want to say I doubt it but I don't want to sway you any type of way. I think I was just surprised to see it changed this morning and I wanted to see if this was the same for a few others on here. I hope this helps and good luck!

I want to say I doubt it but I don't want to sway you any type of way. I think I was just surprised to see it changed this morning and I wanted to see if this was the same for a few others on here. I hope this helps and good luck!
yes it does mean 99.99% that is positive news for those who see the change in their status back to review

I just checked today and mine also changed to Received/Under Revie
yes it does mean 99.99% that is positive news for those who see the change in their status back to review
I wonder if the ppl who didn’t have a status change could still get accepted or all the ppl who are going to be accepted have that status change?

I wonder if the ppl who didn’t have a status change could still get accepted or all the ppl who are going to be accepted have that status change?
I think its most likely the ones that got a change will get accepted and those who didnt may get waitlisted.

So if I had pre December interview and have been waitlisted, there is no chance I wud hear anything before March ( when they start accepting off the waitlist) ? So basically the acceptances Tom are from post December interviews. Is that right?

So if I had pre December interview and have been waitlisted, there is no chance I wud hear anything before March ( when they start accepting off the waitlist) ? So basically the acceptances Tom are from post December interviews. Is that right?
acceptance for tomorrow will be till date but it will be for those whoes status has changed. you may still be hopeful who knows your status may change in the morning before they send? but one thing is sure your status would change first...........good luck. waiting list will move very late in March.

My status also changed to Received/Under Review

Accepted just a while ago! Portal changed from received/under review yesterday. Good luck guys!!

Accepted at 8:59! I'm going to UMD. GL everyone

Reactions: 2 users
:-/ still hoping for an interview. Has anyone here (instate) received an interview invitation recently?

Accepted at 5:58 am PST...!
My application was verified on 8/6. I received the supplemental on 9/20 and the interview invitation on 9/29.
My interview was on 11/16.
I am OOS.
The deadline for first deposit is 2/18, so I am assuming the next acceptance will come out any time after that...
Hopefully this timeline is helpful.
Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Accepted at 8:58am! See yall at UMD. My interview was 12/9 and I submitted my supplemental in mid October. Im in state btw.

Reactions: 1 users
Did all the people that get accepted have a status change yesterday?

Is there a groupme for accepted students?

I haven't received the secondary still yet... I applied in July..... Do you think they will still send it?

Last edited:
I haven't received the secondary still yet... I applied in July..... Do you think they will still send it?
Maybe send a letter of interest and what were your stats and are you in state or out of state