Maryland Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hi All ready to count hours now? Almost all that posted here showing minimum 3 interviews (some of them have even 6 & 8) so how would you decide and choose? How many think Maryland is their choice and is good school compare to other school? For some I know cost could be big factor in decision making?
For me it is in state and it is good if you plan to specialize. Also has great diversity

Members don't see this ad.

nice to know. Is it easier for you guys (IS) to get in compare to Out state or it is equally competitive at Maryland?
Maryland doesn’t prioritize in state like some schools do (unc, ecu, etc) but if you look at statistics in the past years just under 40% of in state applicants that apply end up actually going there. Considering the in state students who got in and chose other schools and students who didn’t meet requirements/weren’t competitive I think it’s safe to say most in state students who apply probably get in. Also usually the class is 50% in state and 50% out of state, with about 150-200 applicants being from md and 2000+ being from out of state. So way less people competing for the same amount of spots, so I would say in state people have an advantage for sure but not like some of the other schools

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Maryland doesn’t prioritize in state like some schools do (unc, ecu, etc) but if you look at statistics in the past years just under 40% of in state applicants that apply end up actually going there. Considering the in state students who got in and chose other schools and students who didn’t meet requirements/weren’t competitive I think it’s safe to say most in state students who apply probably get in. Also usually the class is 50% in state and 50% out of state, with about 150-200 applicants being from md and 2000+ being from out of state. So way less people competing for the same amount of spots, so I would say in state people have an advantage for sure but not like some of the other schools
great keeping finger cross so there is 50% probability for acceptance and 30% waitlist? I think they must have invited 350 to interview so far (they invite over 500 in total based on AADSAS statistics)

when do they send emails/ call?

Does anyone know how/when Maryland will contact us if we get accepted?

anyone else having trouble accessing their AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
mine still says "invited for interview"

Good luck tomorrow to those who interviewed pre-December! Do not check your phone every 5 minutes as updates can occur at any point in the day.
If you didn't interview yet, know Maryland has interviews into March on the books so you aren't out of the running.

To those who will receive an acceptance to Maryland or any other school, congrats! You are on your way to fulfilling your dream. Stay humble because this is just the first step in a long road and an acceptance on this day is no different than getting off the waitlist when you are start orientation.

To those who will be awaiting a response, read that sentence above! This is a long process and sometimes you don't get the news you want right away. DO NOT EMAIL THE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE ASKING FOR AN UPDATE! Patience is a virtue. If/when they are interested, they will contact you. Put yourself first: learn more about the field, do some self care, enjoy the holiday season, read a book or watch a show you have neglected. Reflect on what you can do to make yourself a better human being. Be well-rounded!

Always here to give advice on Maryland, dental school, Baltimore, life post-grad and in general. Feel free to slide in my DMs with good questions or ask here.

Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 7 users
do they do midnight
Looking at previous years threads, no. The earliest I've seen was ~5am EST. But over the years it's ranged. Last year looked like it was ~5am on the 15th since it was delayed. It looks like some years they gave acceptances on the 2nd/3rd of December, but most of the years show acceptances around 8-9am EST. But this is just based on what I saw on the SDN forums.

Last edited:
Acceptance at 5am PST over email! OOS! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Congrats to all those acceptances!
Anyone interviewed late november (mine is on 11/16) has changed to "Received/Under Review" on the portal? Mine still says "Invited for interview"...

Congrats to all those acceptances!
Anyone interviewed late november (mine is on 11/16) has changed to "Received/Under Review" on the portal? Mine still says "Invited for interview"...
My interview was on November 1st. And i got the same status, too.

Do people know when they send out the waitlisted emails? Or are they waiting for the second round of invites if you are not waitlisted?

Congrats to those who have been accepted! Would you guys mind saying how long ago you interviewed/completed your app and whether you're OOS or IS

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those who have been accepted! Would you guys mind saying how long ago you interviewed/completed your app and whether you're OOS or IS
I submitted my app June 7th, got my secondary August 3rd, invited for interview in August 30th, and interviewed on September 30th. I’m a California resident.

Hey guys! Does anyone know how much tuition is per year? I was looking at the ADEA dental school explorer and the pdf on Maryland's website and it looks like the tuition is half of what it was the year before? Seems too good to be true

Hey guys! Does anyone know how much tuition is per year? I was looking at the ADEA dental school explorer and the pdf on Maryland's website and it looks like the tuition is half of what it was the year before? Seems too good to be true
The fees are PER SEMESTER unless noted otherwise. This does not account for Cost of Living expenses. I am more than happy to help yall with some math. Please keep in mind that fees are subject to increase (estimate 5% increase per year)

Reactions: 1 users
The fees are PER SEMESTER unless noted otherwise. This does not account for Cost of Living expenses. I am more than happy to help yall with some math. Please keep in mind that fees are subject to increase (estimate 5% increase per year)

In short, Maryland is costlier compared to some others so does the fee match up with the quality of education?