Maryland Vs. Upenn (dental school)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LukeD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.
I have a tough decision to make, I would like to hear your opinion.
I need to decide between Maryland Dental and Upenn Dental.
My feelings are towards Maryland.
And also I am not sure if I am specializing or not.
So, it would be great to hear from some of you had similar decisions to make.

Thank you.
Please, no bashing on me or others here.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go to Maryland like you're feeling. The tuition is very reasonable and Maryland's teaching is very up to date technology wise. So I'd go to Maryland

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Both excellent schools! Maryland is a bit cheaper. Penn would make specializing easier to an extent. Baltimore vs. Philly is the real question here :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I like making pros and cons lists because they show me where my priorities lean for a particular choice. What is yours for both schools?
Tuition matters, student body interaction/atmosphere matters, and a lot of clinical exposure matters to me. Also Maryland is my home state so... But Upenn has new adventure, opportunities.

Both excellent schools! Maryland is a bit cheaper. Penn would make specializing easier to an extent. Baltimore vs. Philly is the real question here :)
Yeah both can be rough cities but I can manage living in both since I lived in Boston for a while.

Maryland is a home state and Philly would have new adventures and other research opportunities. Also, i can be a GA while at Upenn as I have been a RA for 4 years in my UG.
But hmm Maryland would be a lot cheaper. Haha

Yeah both can be rough cities but I can manage living in both since I lived in Boston for a while.

Maryland is a home state and Philly would have new adventures and other research opportunities. Also, i can be a GA while at Upenn as I have been a RA for 4 years in my UG.
But hmm Maryland would be a lot cheaper. Haha
Price is a major factor no doubt. Make a list of pros and cons and really think it out.

Price is a major factor no doubt. Make a list of pros and cons and really think it out.
Yes I will do that today. And let you know guys my reasoning

Reactions: 1 user
I decided to attend Maryland. Cheapest program, amazing reputation, I would like to be at home.
School would definitely give me all that I need.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats man

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
You are going to the world's first dental school. A rich heritage! Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user