Maryland Vs. Upenn (dental school)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LukeD

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, everyone.
I have a tough decision to make, I would like to hear your opinion.
I need to decide between Maryland Dental and Upenn Dental.
My feelings are towards Maryland.
And also I am not sure if I am specializing or not.
So, it would be great to hear from some of you had similar decisions to make.

Thank you.
Please, no bashing on me or others here.
 
I'd go to Maryland like you're feeling. The tuition is very reasonable and Maryland's teaching is very up to date technology wise. So I'd go to Maryland


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Both excellent schools! Maryland is a bit cheaper. Penn would make specializing easier to an extent. Baltimore vs. Philly is the real question here 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Personally, I like making pros and cons lists because they show me where my priorities lean for a particular choice. What is yours for both schools?
Tuition matters, student body interaction/atmosphere matters, and a lot of clinical exposure matters to me. Also Maryland is my home state so... But Upenn has new adventure, opportunities.
 
Both excellent schools! Maryland is a bit cheaper. Penn would make specializing easier to an extent. Baltimore vs. Philly is the real question here 🙂
Yeah both can be rough cities but I can manage living in both since I lived in Boston for a while.

Maryland is a home state and Philly would have new adventures and other research opportunities. Also, i can be a GA while at Upenn as I have been a RA for 4 years in my UG.
But hmm Maryland would be a lot cheaper. Haha
 
Yeah both can be rough cities but I can manage living in both since I lived in Boston for a while.

Maryland is a home state and Philly would have new adventures and other research opportunities. Also, i can be a GA while at Upenn as I have been a RA for 4 years in my UG.
But hmm Maryland would be a lot cheaper. Haha
Price is a major factor no doubt. Make a list of pros and cons and really think it out.