matching prerequisites on AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatisit350

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At the end of AADSAS, when we're matching prerequisites with the courses from our transcripts, are we supposed to just put the minimal amount of courses that fit that prerequisite category? Or are we supposed to match every course on our transcript that fits the prerequisite category?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mean adding upper level classes on top of the lower level pre-reqs? For example, adding genetics when a school asks for a "minimum of 8 credits of biology"

I only put the minimum for each school. I think its just meant to be used as a way of initially screening applicants because the school is going to see your entire transcript anyway.

Do you mean adding upper level classes on top of the lower level pre-reqs? For example, adding genetics when a school asks for a "minimum of 8 credits of biology"

I only put the minimum for each school. I think its just meant to be used as a way of initially screening applicants because the school is going to see your entire transcript anyway.
ah yea, thats a good point. ok thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
whats up dude! good luck this cycle, they're gonna love that 24 or 26 you got haha and your experience in my homeland.

At the end of AADSAS, when we're matching prerequisites with the courses from our transcripts, are we supposed to just put the minimal amount of courses that fit that prerequisite category? Or are we supposed to match every course on our transcript that fits the prerequisite category?
I put all of them. because I thought i that all bio courses satisfy the prerequisite. I only have like a limited number of classes In some subjects

whats up dude! good luck this cycle, they're gonna love that 24 or 26 you got haha and your experience in my homeland.
thanks dude! lol, i just hope they like something about me enough to accept me. and good luck to you too! keep me updated on how things are going

I put all of them. because I thought i that all bio courses satisfy the prerequisite. I only have like a limited number of classes In some subjects
ok thanks. yea, some of them are kind of ambiguous. like some say "general biology". for those, I probably wouldn't put something like Immunology. But then some just say "Biology", so I could see how Immunology would fit there. And then others are more clear, like "Organic Chemistry", or "Microbiology." Pretty easy to figure out what would be acceptable there.
But honestly, I kind of agree with Caffeine Jitters above. I think it's just a quick way to weed some out who don't even meet their minimum pre-req requirements.

ok thanks. yea, some of them are kind of ambiguous. like some say "general biology". for those, I probably wouldn't put something like Immunology. But then some just say "Biology", so I could see how Immunology would fit there. And then others are more clear, like "Organic Chemistry", or "Microbiology." Pretty easy to figure out what would be acceptable there.
But honestly, I kind of agree with Caffeine Jitters above. I think it's just a quick way to weed some out who don't even meet their minimum pre-req requirements.
Well some people take like BIO 101, 102 where they learn like general but the progression at my school is cell bio and microbiology so that's what I was took. I think they basically want people to put classes that have code BIO, BIOL, BIOLOGY. But you're right, organic chemistry section is way easier to fulfill. There someone however could put more than just ochem 1,2 progression. My school offers organic chemistry course so I feel like that could be put there.
In the end I believe it just shows that you fulfill their requirements that's th point of designating the classes