Math Classes Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EVN3331

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do all Math classes count towards to the Science GPA calculation or just Calculus ones? And if only Calculus ones count, is it just Calc I, or can a class such as Calculus Fundamentals or Calculus for Decision Making count? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely. Take lots and lots of math classes. B/w my sophmore/junior year, I took some easy algebra classes (classes I pretty much had freshman year in high school) and it totally boosted my science GPA. I know statistics count towards science GPA also.

I'm really skeptical about if schools really care to scrutinize what level math classes you take. I had no guys question me on that during my interviews. If I learned one thing during my dental school apps it's this:

Initially, it's all about the numbers. Then, it's all about your personality during the interviews. Research/volunteer work is a plus, but did it really trump my application over some dude with a 3.5, 20/20 DAT's? Absolutely not. Inflate your GPA.